Recruiting Is not looking good right now..why?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ofmgator, Jul 30, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

100%
  2. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Makes sense that if our class is going to be small we would be wise to be selective and patient. Last year we had a large class and we took a bunch of players early.
  3. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Thanks for the info. The facts say it all.
  4. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Anyone know off the top of their head how many players we have on scholarship right now? And how many scholarship seniors will be graduating this year?
  5. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +112
    if you look at the numbers, we are at 12 with only 12 commits. the least of all top 25 in the rankings. miami, fsu, annd tennessee all have 22-24 commits, all must be at, or close to their limits, patience will win out.
  6. gatordude15

gatordude15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    I think the big thing to remember in this class is that after last year's group where we only got one corner, even though he should be a beast, we really need to load up at CB because we graduate 4. And we look to be sitting pretty at that position for this cycle.

Also, we haven't recruited a top flight QB since Driskell, and we got a stud commit in Grier. We are getting there, because we are recruiting great at the positions that we need.

Go Gators!!!
  7. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +614
    You really don't know that.
  8. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +535
    Let me guess Bama is going to sign 30+ again. I just don't understand why we don't copy that process as it seems to give such a big advantage in case you miss on a couple.
  9. baygator1

baygator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,804
    No more than you know he's wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    we let 4 kids go before signing day last year Patchan Ali and the Dlinemen that graduated and the Olinemen who took a medical hardship. The same thing will happen again if we need room for the 5 stars that our committing at the end of the cycle
  11. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,131
    Maryland people think Tabor is a lean to UF. We've been all over his high school for five or six years. We're going to kill at CB. With all the talent we're likely to get, I think Adoree Jackson could end up on offense.

FYI, Lorenzo Carter is a big Bama lean. We're in his top three, but he is very enamored with the Tide. Hand is a lean to Michigan with Bama right behind. When you get past the two best players in the country, our DE/Buck board is a wasteland. I suspect we will overload with Plan B types there, mostly exceptional athletes/marginal players from Florida and Georgia.

Don't know about Wilson and Lammons, except that Lammons appears to be small and slow and Wilson is currently ranked 61st at his position. I wonder if having most of our posters living and watching high school football in Florida doesn't skew our perspective. After this last class, do we need any more safeties other than Jamal Adams? If we get Tabor or Jackson, do we even need to talk about Lammons?

We killed at LB in the last class, but we are hurting right now. Most of the top LBs have committed. Yea, I know they won't stick, but I don't even see committed players who are likely to switch to UF.

Bottom line, this will probably be a skilled but uneven class. We already have one great QB, RB, DT and a couple of good DBs. I think we're in good shape for the best WR and one of the best OTs in this class. We will continue to overload on ridiculous DB talent, but I'm worried about the rest of our DL, OL and LB positions. I know it's early, but the top names don't even have our names on their list. And don't tell me how underrated Florida players are. We'll find out soon enough. We will have to take some three star guys nobody outside of Florida wanted. Hopefully they'll turn out to be Gus Scotts, Chris Doerings or Willie Jacksons, but we don't get to celebrate guys like that on signing day.
  12. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    I disagree with a lot of the things you said Strange but I will do a little recruiting write up tomorrow and address those things
  13. gatordude15

gatordude15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    Hey Strange, I can't say i know too much about this class's prospects as opposed to past classes, but i do know that according to rivals Lammons is a solid 4 star prospect and Quincy Wilson is rated the 10th best prospect at CB, which is quite different than the 61st.

I believe that we will haul in a great class. Maybe a little uneven in the numbers department, but after only grabbing one corner last year and losing 4 this year, we could use a big cb class.

And i am pretty sure that we usually grab O-lineman later in the year after the staff has had time to guage their worthiness.

As far as the D-line goes, we will just have to see. With Sheritt, Fowler, and McCallister there, we don't need to grab a stud this cycle.

With all that being said, i have faith that Muschamp knows what's up and will do very well this cycle as he always does.
  14. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Having trouble finding anything in this to agree with. But your opinion is your opinion
  15. nickdelatorre

nickdelatorre Beat Reporter Staff Member GC Staff GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,007
    It's about getting the right 20 guys, not the first 20 guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sec1

sec1 VIP Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +61
    We will be fine ....
  17. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,280
    It's over the gators are through
  18. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Doesn't matter until singing day anyways. A bunch of worry warts
  19. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,280
    It's all over
  20. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,039
    You mean the Lorenzo Carter who said this...

I’m just comfortable with the Gators,” he told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in a video interview this week. “We had a great visit there. They’re still up there (at No. 1). I talk to coach Muschamp all the time, and coach Lawing is a great coach.”

Although UF’s sudden surge to the top caught most media and fans off guard, Carter revealed that he’s had his eye on the Gators for a while.

“I’ve always looked at Florida,” he told the AJC. “Carlos Dunlap is my favorite player of all-time. So growing up looking at Florida, it’s just a dream school for me.”