Recruiting 2014

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by cedarkey_gator1, Oct 20, 2013.

1. cedarkey_gator1

cedarkey_gator1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    This concerns me after the coaching staff's three year tenure to date. I know Muschamp recruits well and so does the program historically regardless of who the coaching staff is. If I'm a potential recruit do I sign with Florida because I think I can play right away or am I advised to stay away as the coaching staff is not where you want to go if NFL is what you're hoping for. It's a valid concern at this point. And regardless of coaching at this point, I can't say our coaches are a good selling point for a promising recuit.
  2. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +868
    OL, OL, OL, OL, and OL
  3. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    Old senile Bobby used to pull killer recruiting classes in (except for OL) during his late tenure despite his struggling because of his recruiting ability. Muschamp needs to do the same and he needs at least 4 OL this class.
  4. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,465
    Each recruit is different and needs a different sales pitch. Most of the offensive recruits are being told we need help and they can compete for jobs right away. They can sell getting to the NFL on defense. They can sell it on offense as well. Joker has gotten WR's to the league White has gotten RB's to the league and Reed is playing well in the NFL at TE. They talk to recruits every week for months and even years they know the staffs background and no them better than most fans.
  5. moegator

moegator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    I think the "pitch" will change a little as the season goes on. Finish strong and it may not mean much as far as impact on recruits. Finish poorly and it certainly will be a selling point to others. Hopefully WM makes some adjustments and finishes strong.
  6. Gator8239

Gator8239 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +66
    I am more worried about Jimbo, Golden and Saban having 52 weeks to tell recruits Muschamp won't be here in 2015. Tough to fight against that.
  7. GreenandScaly

GreenandScaly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +246
    Grier is only 178 pounds. You know he's tweeting the top OL in the land today, begging them to come to UF and protect him from getting broken in two.