RB Joe Mixon will take an official visit for the Vols game

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Aug 4, 2013.

1. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    I agree opinions are the basis of debate.
    Having not seen M Jones in a seasonal run leaves doubt. The NFL running back has a average of 3.4 years total career performance. Turn over has caused 3 year college backs to be attractive.
  2. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,104
    Over the years on this board, when people post informed opinions or predictions with an air of certainty and often turn out to be right, we just assume they are close to the program. I don't want to know where he gets his information. I just want to keep getting it.
  3. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,104
    Just saw on one of the services where Joe is listed at 215 pounds. I've been assuming all along that he was much lighter than that based on some earlier lists. That's a nice frame for a running back. He's about the size Eric Dickerson was in high school.
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,008
    He hits people hard too... some of those highlights, guys didn't want to tackle him.
  5. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +692
    I appreciate that, Strange.

And to his credit, he does bring a lot of valuable and interesting information to a free board, which I appreciate.

But there's a difference between collating information which, albeit hard to track down and in need of a lot of research, could be achieved by secondary means, and that which indicates he knows what our coaching staff have been telling recruits.

If it's come from a recruit, I'm assuming it's public knowledge. If it's come from the coaching staff, it's fascinating. If it's another case of presenting opinion as fact, I think it could be clarified, that's all.

SUGator51 was vaunted in these parts for what he contributed and we've not had an input like his since he left - AZ (thankfully) fills a lot of that hole but I'm curious as to his credentials, if for no other reason that of nosiness. I've asked him 3 times in posts on the boards inside the past month to explain how he knew certain nuggets that were presented as fact rather than hypothesis, and in each case he has ignored or declined to comment. I appreciate he doesn't owe me any explanation but if it's genuine, it adds credibility to his cause. By the same token, no explanation could be considered quite telling too.

I'm not here to rag on him - he absolutely provides a lot of good information but the curiosity in me likes to corroborate some of the things I read on here if they are presented as factual.

Carry on! :devil:
  6. Itssaul

Itssaul VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    All I can think about is Matt's background and his baby girl. If he can get nfl money after JR year the man deserves it
  7. LimeyGator

Ratings Received:
    +692
    No doubt. By the same token of all the positions who to the NFL for the money, RB is one you probably want a degree with too :)
  8. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,459
    I've wondered too. You're not alone.
  9. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +673
    AZ has said many, many, many times he is not an insider. What he is, from what I've seen, is an obsessive recruitnik that follows so much information that he gets the overall picture pretty well. In many ways this is as valuable as an inside source since they usually have more of a program level viewpoint/emphasis.

If he doesn't say where he saw something I can't really blame him. If you follow all kinds of different sources you may not remember where you read something or if you read it or it was simply your opinion.

Bottom line is that people need to vet each poster, post, and even statement. There's no guarantee of reliability from anyone.
  10. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,871
    wtf at this thread turning into questions about me. Limey I put you on ignore after you said some personnel things to me at one point. So that is why you dont get your question answered I cant even see them unless somebody quotes you. I dont care one bit about credibility. That being said I will answer this one. The best way to find out information about the team is really through recruits. I will list what has been said the past few years

Greg Gilmore- says the staff told him that a few kids at DT were not working out. We later see Jafar Mann transfer and Quinteze Williams move to OL

O.J. Howard -said Jordan Reed was going pro in the middle of the season. At the end of the year Reed goes to the NFL

This year all of the DB recruits have mentioned 5 and 15 going pro so there is playing time. You know why? Because that is what the staff told them these kids dont come up with stuff on their own

Raekwon McMillan - says T Rob is the next D coordinator. So if Durkin gets a head coaching job that is what is going to happen

Mixon - states Matt Jones could go pro after his Jr year he didnt come up with this himself. Mixon is not an avid Gator fan so I am betting he heard it from White. I am pretty sure Isaiah Wynn also said Jones is going pro.

I am not an insider especially with the admin. Every once in awhile I talk to someone that has talked to a coach or a recruit but that happens rarely. There is no credentials needed either you believe what I say or you don't. It is pretty simple.

On the breaking down prospects part I am not going to list some credentials just so more questions can be asked, just treat what I say just like any other poster that talks about a prospect. Everybody is allowed to have an opinion we dont all have to agree. That being said I think my assessments have been pretty darn good over the years and I will put them up against anyone.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,871
    Now back to Mixon
  12. Itssaul

Itssaul VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Look at that. It's August again. Another AZ thread
  13. gatorright

gatorright Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
    AZ...I have no problem or concern with your credentials...I come here solely to catch up on the Gators and the information you've provided has given me more information than any other single source on this forum. Please don't get discouraged by those seeking accuracy on a forum for opinions...some people will always investigate the dental quality of an equine gift...a pursuit as absent of value as counting fleas on a dog. I appreciate your opinions and the research you've put into providing some of us with any information you can provide. Please know that there are those who look forward to your comments without seeking your sources, desiring verification and demanding accuracy...just let us know what you find and think about our gators. Thank you very much.

Now, if we somehow pull Joe Mixon...holy cow!
  14. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +619
    How many times does AZ need to give a disclaimer? Who cares if he states his opinions with certainty?

Most of the time he is right anyway. The guy distills a lot of info for the board. I don't see why any of you would want to give him grief.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +408
    wow this thread turned on a dime, I appreciate all that AZ puts on this board, I don't always agree with him, but hey its a message board. And I will say this AZ is as accurate about the recruits as most paid sites. And IF you don't much care, don't read its that easy.

Mixon is going to be a stud, he had great size, and could be a slot/hb/rb prospect. Really who cares, with that kind of talent, get him on scholarship and then figure out where to put him.
  16. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,066
    This
  17. LimeyGator

Ratings Received:
    +692
    Blimey. It's worrying that some of you picked the gist up via Chinese whispers. If you re-read my post I made several very complimentary comments about AZ and said I was appreciative of his efforts. Yet some of you read or heard what you wanted to.

As for being on ignore, i guess I can only assume you must be quite sensitive so I apologise. I'm one of the least controversial posters on here and many of my posts are tongue in cheek. If my curiosity as to the validity of a few of your statements is upsetting, I'm at a loss to how you must perceive others views! There was no malice in my statement at all. For what it's worth, thank you got answering my question on Jones - that was all I was after.
  18. ugaGator

ugaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    Just so your post won't go unnoticed, Limey! :)
  19. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,104
    Chinese whisper? I shared an apartment with a friend from Leeds and his girlfriend (now wife) from Manchester. I heard a lot of hilarious British euphemisms, but that's a new one on me. FWIW, my favorite is the very polite reference to people us crass Yanks refer to as fat asses; "Salad dodgers." That's almost as funny as listening to someone from Yorkshire and someone from Lancashire argue about who is the most inbred. (At least their 10 month-old boy isn't.)
  20. gatorright

gatorright Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
    Flippin' Heck! Is Joe coming or not?!