Random Extraction

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Drewsagator, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Rarely do I agree with firing a coach or coaches based on one game...."this coach must beat_____________".
    In our case I think UGA is the crossroads !!!
    Here is why. In the last 8 games we are 4-4, a loss to UGA would be 4-5 !!! Besides being below .500, we have not beaten a team who would be considered equal to or better than us based on talent in this time frame !!!

What ? You say not a long enough body of work ? Ok, lets go back to the UGA game last year....we lost, that is 5 losses against 8 wins....3 of those wins actually felt more like losses, Mizzou, who was horrible last year and took us to the last play of the game, ULL, which took a miracle punt block and a glorified scrimmage against some HS team, Jax State.

If we hadn't beaten FSU last year is there any way Muschamp wouldn't have been fired the same way Zook was mid year this year ??

I guess what I'm saying is if that one win is the only thing holding our coach should another game not also be a deciding factor in letting him go ???

Let's face it, we rode the backs of some very good defensive players and a s--t ton of luck, TAMU's 1st game, LSU's down year, and every special teams gift one could imagine adainst USCe, last year....oh and about the FSU game remember Zook beat LSU in 2003.....

At the very least some offensive coaches need to lose their jobs following the UGA game if they don't miraculously light up the score board....
  2. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    Teeth? CIA operatives?
  3. c_gator24

c_gator24 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    This x1000

John 14:6
  4. rmonteag

rmonteag Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +221
    So a season has no boundaries. Only in your mind would we below a .500 threshold. Mizzou was the crossroads game for the season and potentially for the program. Had we won and with combination of UGA and USCe losses we would be sitting pretty this morning.
  5. Colin

Colin Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,511
    Last year we beat LSU, FSU and USC, and lost to UGA (which almost beat Bama).

This year we've lost on the road at Miami, at LSU and at Mizzou -- all three are ranked teams, and two are undefeated.

Raise your hand if you can identify any differences between last year and this year's team and how it might relate to the win/loss differences.
  6. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I guess "luck" isn't on our side this year ??? And the situation this team is in is anything but 'pretty".

It's not just in my mind.....it's right in print. If we lose to UGA we will be 4-5 in our last 9 games. I don't find it acceptable that we ever fall below .500 in any stretch of games of this number.....SOS never did, UM never did, hell, I don't think zook ever did but I'm too lazy to look it up.

In case you haven't noticed we have also fallen behind Miami, and FSU in this same time span....and the worst part about that is Miami didn't get the benefit of 3 extra weeks of practice because they didn't play in a bowl game.

Please explain to me how much longer we should wait if we lose to UGA....
  7. swangator

swangator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +285

This x1000

It's a bad year -- the motor of the defense, the starting QB, starting RB and a very key cog in the OL which caused a major shift in personnel. And those are just the big ones: look at Georgia: With all their receivers and both backs healthy they're undefeated this year. It happens. Depth is one thing -- rotating in 7 new starters without major issues is another. We got bit this year. The only thing I see changing is possibly a new OL coach after this year. Losing CG was huge but the level of ineptitude in the blocking schemes is pretty bad. Otherwise: regroup, learn and hit the offseason running. Go Gators!
  8. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,544
  9. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Wrong....

It is the coaches job to have the 2nd string players as ready to execute as the 1st team.....other teams have tons of injuries also but don't have the talent pool and recruiting base that UF does. We are deeper on the oline and dline as well as RB and WR positions this year therefore we should be no worse or maybe have 1 or 2 losses at this point......coach them up or get out and let someone else do it....
    Please stop with the excuses !!!! We have had better recruiting classes than Miami for 5 straight years, they had no extra bowl practices over the winter...we did, and their coach is ONLY in his 3rd year, plus they are and have been under major NCAA scrutiny for 3 years now.......They are undefeated and beat us this year.....If I hadn't seen the game with my own eyes and knew what I knew about both programs I would almost think our coach should be fired for this alone.....Please stop with the excuses.