Quincy Wilson and Ermon Lane Tweet (re: Cook)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by No1GatorFreak, Dec 5, 2013.

1. TNGatorDude

TNGatorDude New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    This ain't over trust me. Why ruin a kids choice early? Next Thursday is when I'll believe it.
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    agree
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,173
    Wow so this is the spelling skills a degree from FSU gets you? "Y'all follow and get to NO these future noles" the fact that he put no instead of know is great use of a scholarship. And is the prime reason recruits should go there, top notch education and free shoes. Lol.

Although the noles not knowing the difference between "NO" and "know" is probably what got famous jameis in trouble with that girl. :p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,173
    Maybe Meggs didn't "no" that winston "new" or didn't "no" what the girl wanted when she was saying "know, know, Know" instead thinking she was just well informed when he said "you don't "no" who I am ? I'm jameis winston" he apparently thought she replied with "I no, I no, I no" as he proceeded doing whatever it is he did, figuring it's all good cause she "nos".

Who would have "nown".

Signed - any FSU football player.

Lmao Merry Christmas to all gators. And a happy ( and successful) 2014
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,194
    I agree on waiting, always, but if Dalvin is a Gator next week, I'll be more suprised than at any point in my following Gator recruiting over the past decade. Anything left in me that thinks he's coming is purely optimism and based on nothing factual!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,075
    It is almost hilarious how some only cite negative examples, as if we are the only team to ever lose a recruit. Guys like Robinson, Anzalone, T. Brown, Rolin, Fowler were all huge recruits we scooped from other good programs under Muschamp.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,850
    Over how many classes? Have any more names? There are a lot of names in this class alone that we've lost or believe we are losing. I know you naturally "lose" more players(by far) than you take in a class. Fowler's a stud, no doubt. Anzalone and Rolin could be if they come back and stay healthy. Trent Brown, nice big guy. DRob, has potential. The problem I have with what you're saying is players like Mike Brown come to mind immediately because he's tearing it up, and I'm afraid if we don't get Cook we'll see the same thing from him.

Who among us is worried about E Lane's commitment? I could not care less about DaVante Phillips at this point but wonder if his recent disrespect is a harbinger of what is taking place behind the scenes when our "commits" talk among themselves.
  8. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,850
    Is it really that bad? I'm having a hard time reading the tidbits. I don't know is how much more contact and in what timeline other staffs, particularly fsu, have had with Cook. Did he take an official to fsu? It does feel bad that he seemed to not want to speak to our staff in person. But I don't even know if that was what actually happened. It just looked and felt like he was open to seeing other HCs, but not ours.
  9. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +114
    Now that we have an OC, does anyone feel like Roper can Rope him and others in??
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    98 percent of the kids we sign we were in a recruiting battle for.
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Just sit back and enjoy the ride UF will be fine with or without Cook.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,850
    I watched Roper's video from the Broyles' Award and am impressed. He speaks with confidence, clarity, honesty, and maturity.

Maybe they get the chance to sit down together before NSD?
  13. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    Sick of all the drama with these 2 drama queens. I'm to the point to where I don't want them to be Gators. I think we wake up 4 years from now and see that Lane was an average ACC player anyway. Cook will probably have become a really good player by then and we will all say sucks we couldn't hang on to him. But if that's the case then oh well. Hopefully this helps us with George Campbell who I think will be much better than Lane any way. Don't know how or who would replace Cook within this year or next.
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Maybe recruiting is not for you plenty of players on the team have had recruiting drama
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    I've been following pretty closely for about 5 years now. I just end up getting frustrated with all the trolling after so long. I just don't like the leading coaches on whether it's good for us or bad. If you feel like your not sure about your commit then just let the coaches know and open it back up. Be honest about things to at least the coaches your committed to.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    who says they are trolling the coaches? You are following kids they are trolling fans more than anything. The kids dont have to make a decision until NSD same with coaching staffs we drop kids all the time. The staff has back up plans
  17. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,173
    Not to mention kelvin taylor himself was a recruiting battle champ won. If you have taylor himself tell it, he almost committed to bama legacy or not.

Rserina- I agree, alot of posters only mention the negatives because pointing out the positives would be counter productive to their argument that coach sucks at everything. I believe the positives out weigh the negatives with recruiting is concerned.

It's about as bad as posters like gray gator going ape sh*% over our new OC hire stating we are going to suck next year too. Roper hasn't even lost a game as a gator yet people have written him off as a failed hire. Smh
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  18. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,173
    I agree. These recruits are trolling fans just for their over reaction. I believe the recruits , at least cook in particular, is being up front about this to the coaches. It was always expected and encouraged by our coaches that cook would take other officials. I also believe that is what cook was referring to when he said the coaches he was most comfortable with just kinda of sat back and let this whole thing play out.

The coaches are used to this and probably expect it with top tier talent. It's the fans the leap over ledges because a recruit wears a miami beanie or fsu jacket.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. G8tr69

G8tr69 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +71
    There are only 2 kind of Recruits............GATORS or Gator Bait!! ;)
    Either become part of the Gator Nation or wish that you had 1-2 years down the road.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Lol i think right around 99% of gator nation would disagree with this