Quincy Wilson and Ermon Lane Tweet (re: Cook)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by No1GatorFreak, Dec 5, 2013.

1. mjbuf05

mjbuf05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +148
    Well he has made it know he loves t rob, so that is a good sign. The only thing that might worry gator fans is he said I am committed UNTIL I flip, not if.
  2. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    I thought it was funny how Wilson told Lane "We get it" when Lane tweeted I got to do what's best for me. I think he goes to FSU and I'm ok with that. Wilson will shut him down just like he did this year!
  3. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    He also gave out a lol when some posted that Lane seems like he needs to much attention.
  4. No1GatorFreak

No1GatorFreak Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Quincy is gonna be a stud at UF. I'm telling you now. He is a big physical corner and is a heck of an athlete. Wait till he gets top level coaching. He's really gonna blossom. I expect him to show out at UA game and move up in rankings.
  5. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Hope Lane comes because if he's 1/2 as good as he thinks he is then whooooaaaa nelly
  6. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    Yea the kid thinks he's great right now and he very well might turn out to be one day, but after watching Wilson completely take him out of the picture in there game I worry how good he really is. And I'm not trying to take anything away from Wilson at all I think he's going to be really good. But Lane is setting himself up for a letdown imo. He says he wants to come in and be a starter as a fr and I don't see that happening at FSU if he chooses them. And that's who is trending for him right now.
  7. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Kids that have talent like Lane WANT to be told hey you will start. Usually MOST coaches go with it and are like ok you can if you are capable meaning...

#1 need to learn the playbook. Usually they don't pick it up fast enough.

#2 practice usually takes care of that ego. You think Vernon or Poole isn't gonna eat his ass up from day 1? Practice will knock that edge off and then they don't expect it because THEY KNOW they aren't where they need to be. Will he be great later on..? probably but not likely from day 1. Work hard and exert yourself into your job and you will be where you want to be.

Bottom Line we all know who is the best football program in state and where his best opportunity is. That doesn't mean other people are gonna hand him a job. Earn it kid
  8. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +503
    You're basing your evaluation on a single game which is odd. I think Lane will have a better QB in college wherever he ends up.
  9. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    actually if you watch 7 on 7 camps he aint his ass then too
  10. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    quincy ain't no punk. Kid is 6'2 and 200 lbs with pedigree. He is the real deal. One of the best def prospects that a lot of people aren't paying att too
  11. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +503
    Who said he was?

And from what I remember Lane did very well at the Opening.
  12. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    he did and he's a heck of a player. Q is one in his own right. They had 7 on 7 camps in So Flo and other places and Q really played well in their matchups. Might be familiarity factor
  13. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +641
    Allegedly Cook texted Lane that they will be playing college football together. Unless they are both trolling UF and going somewhere else, I'd assume that would be good news.
  14. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Ermon ain't coming... Unless Cook come. He's a drama queen and a follower not a leader. He needs attention. He needs to be coddled. He's all butt hurt because quincy calls him out on his bs on twitter. Q at 6'2 200 plus lbs gonna handle him like he did during their time down south. Q is the REAL GATOR. Celebrate him instead of begging the one who may leave us at the alter. Go ahead Ermon get LIVE with it son. Come on Lauderdale and Adoree i'm done. We got a bigtime roster for next yr anyways. Florida pays the cost to be the boss in this state. Ain't begging here and no handouts.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    I'm basing it by the fact that when he played a player that's going to a high profile D1 school he was shut down completely. So I take that as when he plays high profile teams how well will he do. I know its not spot on but that just makes me nervous about him.
  16. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +589
    This reads exceptionally bitter. Nobody knows the situation yet, so I'd hold off bashing these kids until you know what's what. It wasn't that long ago that Matt Elam was getting slammed on these boards during his recruiting and we know how that turned out.

If he comes, great. If he goes elsewhere, so be it - it's his decision at the end of the day.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +470
    Interesting quote from Cook yesterday:

“I just feel like if you’re a great player, a team is always missing that one guy that can take them to the next level. And if you trust in yourself and you go do it and you put your mind to it, you can change the team.”

I realize anything can happen, he makes a new comment about a different school every three days, and can be seen rocking any jersey of any school at any time, but I think we get Cook in the end. TRob has done a great job of building a relationship with this kid, I think he likes our staff, and I think the opportunity Cook knows he has to excel at UF right away will be just enough for him to become a Gator.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,738
    Hope you're right. The quote you highlight definitely sounds good for us.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +470
    ^^ It's been really hard for anybody to get a feel for Cook. That's why I don't think anybody has been able to provide anything more than speculation about what he's going to do. I know that TRob has done a great job with him, though. Equally important is the fact that I think he sees the writing on the wall, and understands that Florida is a great place to get on the field quickly. If this really is a "business" decision, I think he ends up in orange and blue.
  20. Tolliver

Tolliver New Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    Cook, Lane and JC will be noles. You heard it here
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Boring Boring x 2
    • Like Like x 1