1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Questions of the day

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ufla5220, Aug 14, 2013.

1. GothamGator

GothamGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    I think Kentucky will be as good as advertised, largely because they have a solid core of returning players to compliment the freshmen. That's key for Cal's system. I do agree that the Harrison twins working out is the "sine qua non." Without it, you get nothing.
  2. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +253
    All gator basketball fans should like Dan.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    Number one. I don't think UConn is getting enough attention here. They have been dirty for years.

Number two: I'll believe it when I see it. I still think the Anthony Davis year was more of an exception then the rule

Number three: at a place like UF: no way, at a place like FGCU, USF or FIU, absolutely.
  4. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +693
    Aren't title teams always an exception? He had three other teams. One beat the overall number one team in the nation on the way to losing in the final four (by 1 pt) to the eventual champ. The other lost two games in the regular season and was the overall 1 seed (I think - either UK or KU) going into the tournament.

I'm not saying this definitively means this years team will be great, but based on what we've seen from Cal at UK, it'd be the exception if they weren't very good.
  5. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    While I think that Calipari is probably slimy, the slime of Bruce Pearl goes right to the bone. I am just stunned at the love he gets on this board.