Questions of the day: August 27, 2013

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ufla5220, Aug 27, 2013.

1. ufla5220

ufla5220 Editor & Reporter

Ratings Received:
    +1,785
    1. Georgia coach Mark Fox could be on the hot seat if Georgia doesn’t put together a good season. What other SEC coaches do you think will be feeling the heat?

2. Which former Gator player would you like to see return to UF as an assistant coach under Billy Donovan someday?

3. A lot of you dislike Dwight Howard intensely from his days with the Orlando Magic. Does the fact that he will be playing alongside Chandler Parsons in Houston this year allow you to like him or will you pull for Chandler and hope Dwight lays an egg?
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,437
    1) Kevin Stallings

2) Matt Bonner / David Lee

3) For Chandler's sake I hope Howard turns his life around NOW.
  3. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +701
    1. Frank Haith, and anybody who coaches at South Carolina.
    2. Matt Bonner.
    3. Dwight Who?
  4. qwghlmgator

qwghlmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    1. Stallings.

2. White Chocolate

3. Magic fans hate Howard because he's a punk-azz. Won't change cuz he's in Houston. But...he will get Chandler more room to shoot. I hope Chandler takes advantage of that, signs a big FA contract with the Bulls and wins four titles with Jo.
  5. qwghlmgator

qwghlmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    Oh, and Franz you can lock this thread now that I have provided the correct answers. :wave:
  6. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +485
    1. Stallings better hope that his seat isn't hot right now, because I suspect that Vandy will have a really bad year.

2. Major Parker really blew it. He could have been very good. Brett Nelson is working his way up the assistant coaching ranks. I think that he is now the Associate Head coach at Ball State. tupacbiff is probably throwing up if he is reading this.

I can't see Bonner becoming as assistant coach in college after a long NBA career. I would think a front office NBA job is more likely.

3. NBA so I don't care that much.
  7. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,266
    1. I dunno. Stallings sounds like a good answer.

2. Fun answer is Jason Williams, but I don't know about how well freakishly good players are as coaches. Maybe Dan Werner who was very good on fundamentals. Also, Haslem - but he should be pretty rich by now and wouldn't need the job (I just hope he doesn't take his coaching talents (or any other talents) to the U :awkward:).

3. As long as Parsons has a big role, I'll pull for the Rockets to do well. I'm somewhat indifferent to Howard.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest

Ratings Received:
    +1,397
    1) Marshall saved Andy Kennedy, but I dont think he is too far removed. The obvious answer is Stallings. Haith could see some major fallout from the scandal.

2) Teddy Dupay, but the past baggage is far too heavy. That's a shame b/c I think he would have been a great teacher. TG would be another I would love to see in such a role. He played the position to near perfection.

3) The NBA is unwatchable. . . with or without Howard.
  9. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,470
    1. Agree with aka...would love to see Kennedy booted, but I think Haith could be in trouble due to his actions at Miami.

2. In about 20 years, I'd like to see Billy hand the reigns over to Billy Jr. :)

3. Anybody that can help the Lakers have a bad year is fine in my book.
  10. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    1. Frank Haith, B. Kennedy, Barbee and Mike Anderson. Heck Haith due to the NCAA, Barbee and B. Kennedy could be on the hot seat as much or more than Fox. I would say that the rest of the SEC coaches probably ok. Donovan, Calipari and C. Martin are ok. F. Martin, Ray, Jones are two new to be fired. A. Kennedy is good for a year after making the tourney last year. I think Stallings still has some slack too.

2. Lee Humphrey, son of a coach and a guy who was a great competitor and good defender.

3. I have no real issues with Howard one way or the other.