Questions of the day: August 22, 2013

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ufla5220, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ufla5220

ufla5220 Editor & Reporter

Ratings Received:
    +1,785
    1. Is there one team in college basketball that you despise so much that seeing them lose is almost as good as watching the Gators win?

2. Has the college game gotten so fast and so physical that officiating crews need to expand from three to four referees?

3. What is the greatest single game performance you’ve ever seen by a Gator? And how about the best single game performance you've seen against the Gators?
  2. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    1. No, the day you let that kind of hate take over you need to step back and realize it's just a game. I do not like FSU at all and I'm glad they haven't endured half of our success. But I'm a Gator fan, that's where all my emotion goes.
    2. No, there are too many fouls as it is.
    3. The 04s collectively. You can't identify one player or one game from that group, that's what's so great about them. And the best was Chris Jackson, I was an 11 year old boy and I thought for sure that day I was watching another Jordan or Magic Johnson. Guy put in 53 and made everything he put up it seemed like.
  3. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,136
    1. Nah - no loss by some other team compares with the elation of a Gator win for me.

2. I'll have to think about that one some more.

3. I figure Chris Jackson will dominate this one. But, just to add some others: I remember listening on the radio to a game where Jeff Malone seemingly could not be stopped and could not miss. Also, that little dude from Creighton who went off on us in the 2nd half of an NCAA Tourney game to eliminate us even though we kept Kyle Korver in check.
  4. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    For a different individual performance, Lee Humphrey's 27 against USCe was fun to watch.
  5. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +450
    1. Seeing Duke lose is always nice. Not as nice as seeing the Gators win, but pretty sweet.

2. No. Just get three better refs on the floor.

3. JWill taking UK apart at Rupp is the first on that comes to mind for a super Gator performance. Chris Jackson going nuts for 53 was incredible to watch.
  6. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +479
    1a: UK 1b: Duke

2. No, 3 is enough unless that includes Tony Greene or Bruce Benedict..then you may need 4.

3. White Chocolate in Rupp, Chris Jackson, LSU (Mahmoud Abdul-Raouf) in the O'Dome.
  7. hoopstar

hoopstar Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +290
    1) Love College Basketball - so "dispise" nobody. But I do love seeing the almighty Cats get whooped!

2) No- 3's fine as long as they wear their bi-focals!

3) "Pistol" Pete Maravich in Florida Gym evrytime he came to town - my dad would drive me over to watch him, baggy wool socks & all! What a player to watch - true gym rat by today's standard! Here's the last game I watched - his stats: (1969-70)
    at Florida (W, 97-75) 20 for 38 .526 12 for 16 .750 9(R) 7(A) 1(PF) 52(PTs) 7,300 crowd. LSU won.
  8. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +682
    1 - There are teams that illicit a chuckle out of me after a loss (IU, UL, UNC), but the day my happiness from seeing others lose even begins to compare with seeing my team win - is the day I need to take a step back from sports.

2. Its not the speed of the refs, often their worst calls are made while standing still right next to the play. The game is just faster than it used to be. 3 is fine. I think some of the rules need to change (like they have been slowly) especially with permitting offensive players more freedom.

3. No idea.
  9. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +935
    Well, among the most fun performances was one of Dupay's three point barrages, which was so ridiculous that many in the stands started bowing to him. I want to say that he hit like 4 in row at one point, in...2001? Against Miss St, maybe? Anyone remember this? He finally missed on a radically overzealous 30 footer (no doubt caused in large part by the very bowing, about which I am now fondly reminiscing).

Ok, I found it. In 2000, Teddy hit 7-9, including 4 straight. Clearly, Hump had a knack for hitting multiple shots as well, but his were usually in the flow of a masterful team offense. Teddy was some kind of three point maniac just firing them up, on the 2000 Gators, an insanely breakneck team. Teddy on the night:

10. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    That must have killed recruiting forever. :)
  11. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,165
    1. UNC
    2. Nah...three is plenty.
    3. Interestingly, I can't really think of a single game of a Gator...maybe Corey Brewer's triple double? As for opponents, I saw Chris Jackson hang 50 on us in the O-Dome.
  12. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,212
    1) other team losses do not compare to Gator win, but there are coaches I root against... Roy-boy is the main one. I do not like Cal, so part of me likes to see UK lose - - -though I do prefer the SEC do well against other conferences. I cant stand Crean, so I love seeing IU lose.

2) no

3) In 2006 Taurean Green torched Rondo and UK.
    http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20060205/GATORS02/202050366

Opponent? I remember Duncan dismantling us in the ODome.
  13. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +829

1. Kentucky has earned this right over the past 3 years

2. No just need to institute more accountability from the referees

3. EASILY Jason Williams at Rupp
  14. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    1. Nope, I certainly enjoy schadenfreude as much as anyone, but I enjoy it most from going to opponent message boards after a UF win. Going to the one sport programs boards like IU, Duke, UNC etc after the NCAA tourney games was particularly wonderful.

2. I think 3 are plenty.

3. The best against UF was probably Abdul Rauf nee Chris Jackson's first game. It was also really to me unexpected. He was a good frosh, but my goodness what a game.
  15. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +239
    1. No
    2. No
    3. JWill v Kentucky. Chris Jackson vs us (amazing).