1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Question for the negative crowd...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 2, 2013.

1. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,475
    Maybe, I don't live in that world though, we got beat who cares it's over
  2. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    So let me get this straight. Driskel is 17/22, we compile over 400 yards of offense, and our team averages 5+ yards a carry w/ out our starting RB and people are complaining?

I am slightly concerned about the penalties and turnovers, but I have a hard time complaining about 17/22. There are entire offenses in the NFL that are based on controlling time of possession with short and intermediate passes. The Patriots have done this for years. 17/22 just means that Driskel took what the defense gave him. When defenses take the short stuff away I expect us to go downfield.

I'm with Az. Cynicism about our QBs has been a thing since Brantley was here. People need to get over it because Brantley has graduated and no longer plays for this team. There is no reason to assume that Driskel is the next coming of John Brantley. It simply is not fair to be prejudiced towards Driskel because of Brantley.
    • Like Like x 2