Program at a crossroads

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by EZE2005, Feb 5, 2014.

1. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    Your posts have proved that you are not up to date or just don't understand. It is ok though, I am not holding it against you.
  2. Colin

Colin Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +348
    We went 4-8 (in large part due to numerous injuries) and fired our offensive staff, and we hauled in a top 10 class. Impressive. I like who we added. I think we're going to be good next year. Go Gators.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    You make absolutely no sense and you post like a 6th grade C student. Please just stop it with the "you aren't up to date" shtick because you sound rather silly. You have showed your ignorance from the moment you started posting, I completely rejected anything you have had to say since then.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    You keep responding though...
  5. GreenandScaly

GreenandScaly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +246
    Considering we're coming off a 4-8 season with a putrid offense, WM did pretty well in recruiting this year and has left the team in pretty good shape for his successor.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Spleezy

Spleezy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    We had an awesome class considering a 4-8 season and if it happens again we will have a new coach. All this crying about us becoming the next UT, a team who hasn't constantly beat us since just after WWII, is ridiculous.

More losing seasons (plural)and falling out of the top ten in recruiting may hurt our brand to the point we are yearly playing everyone at the talent deficit UT has enjoyed but I'd ask you to look up how awful their classes have been until this year and you'll understand how far removed we are from their recent futility.
  7. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,770
    One year ago, we were a play (any one of several plays) away from playing for the national championship... after kicking the crap out of UFS.

In spite of an insanely bad run of luck with injuries and a 4-8 season, we just signed an outstanding class as far as meeting needs, and one that finished #6 in the mythical recruiting rankings beauty contest.

People need to get a grip with this doom and gloom stuff. If Roper is as good as advertised, we'll have an improved offense and play very well this year. If not, we'll get a new coaching staff with a loaded roster to work with. We'll be fine.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. roflcopter

roflcopter Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +195
    I'm with Oaktown on this. We landed some amazing talent even though everyone is upset that we missed on a few. If you can step back and be objective, we filled almost all of our needs in this class. Would it have been nice to have a Jackson, Lane or Scarborough... you bet your @ss. But we still got guys that will undoubtedly contribute and we look much better moving forward than that 4-8 we just suffered through. I think next year, if the players can buy into Roper's system, UF will be back on track. In two years, I see us competing for SEC which means we'll be in NC hunt.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,447
    Recruiting goes as records go..considering that, this class could've been much worse.
    If we get to 9-10 wins this next season and score more points and improve on offense a lot.and the state is LOADED with talent for the 2015 cycle. The record and offensive statistics will go along way to determine our next recruiting class
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +376
    In all kinds of weather we all stick together....
  11. grant1

grant1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +332
    Did you watch the Super Bowl? The "ho-hum" offense beat the snot out of the No. 1 offense.
  12. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,010
    I wouldn't necessarily say better coach. That same coach had to make 6 new hires and get Winston just to win.
  13. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,010
    Not gonna bite with your last comment.....liked the first part and then you ruined it with the last comment.
  14. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +614
    We will win at least 10 games next year.
  15. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    Cherry picking? lol. Your whole 'logic' on why we are different that other programs that have become irrelevant is because we sit in a talent rich state. Then I show you the facts on just how poorly we did in out talent rich state and you come back with cherry picking. lol. I guess that realization caught you off guard.
  16. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    You showed me one year. One recruiting class after a 4-8 season. If you don't know how irrelevant your argument was, using those stats, then nobody here can help you.

Oh also, I think its quite a riot that you try to use top 25 players from Florida as your only argument. Pretty amateur if you ask me. We were ahead of Miami in all recruiting services and just behind FSU, in the top 10, after a FOUR AND EIGHT SEASON. Let that sink in for just a moment. I understand though, simple logic escapes you, I forgive you.
  17. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    Oh and not to pile on or anything, but our average star rating on Rivals is 3.58 FSU is 3.59. But don't let a little bit of facts and logic get in the way of a good old baseless rant.

Incase you were wondering, the team you specifically mentioned as recruiting better than us has a 3.38 star rating. Carry on..
  18. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    I can see you backpedaling from your statements very fast. Again, you claim we'll never be Nebraska even if we keep having bad seasons because our talent rich state. You are shown how wrong you are and all you can do is resort to childish remarks. lol. Classic. When you are wrong, it's ok to admit it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    I can't have a legitimate conversation if you're going to put words in my mouth and take my comments out of context. When you can show that you can do that one simple thing, I'll come back here and have a big boy conversation with you. Until then, have fun living with your head in the sand allowing facts and logic to float on by.

Good day, sir.
  20. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    They certainly did, however I would never describe an offense that had Percy Harvin on the roster as "ho-hum." The guy may be the most dynamic special teams and offensive utility player I've ever seen.
    • Agree Agree x 2