Pro Muschamp thread...The change has to be at OC...not at HBC.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Nov 2, 2013.

1. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    That's just another band-aid. Three OC's in four years? Time to go higher than OC or DC.
  2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +652
    Whoever is in CHARGE of calling offensive plays needs to go. But after 3 years if WM cannot put a better offense on the field that what we have seen, the ultimate blame falls on him right or wrong.

UF has the best defense in the country, but even they cannot play lock down every single snap of every game. Its just not feasible. Other teams have talent too. A defense should win more snaps than it loses and UF does that very well, but you have to score points to win.
  3. Bushmaster

Ratings Received:
    +652
    If WM doesn't change his offensive philosophy, he won't be here much longer.

Having a top 10 defense and an offense ranked 100+ is not a successful recipe.
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,723
    Our defense has not played well the last two games (especially the first half and last drive of this one), but you're correct that the offense is the real problem.

Pease either needs to go if this is on him, or if he's the answer, Muschamp needs to let him be the answer. OL problems are still a big piece of the puzzle here, but the play calling isn't working now and has to change.
  5. malbaker86

malbaker86 Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I am a proponent of giving Muschamp another year to see what he's made of. I can't fathom firing a HC before he even has had a chance to have a team full of his recruits which he won't for another year or two. Look at FSU...they were in the same situation a few years ago in the sense of wanting to run Jimbo out of town but they were patient, landed the QB that Fisher REALLY wanted, filled his team with HIS recruits, and now they are trending WAY up.

Not only that, it's not as if we're out here getting our doors blown off. Besides the blow out loss to Missouri, our other losses were by 5, 3, and 11 and all of our losses this season has been on the road (probably soon to change with FSU coming into to town later this season).

Injuries have played a part but the only season ending injury that truly HURT was losing Easley due to him being the best defensive player in the country at the time and possible top 10 draft pick.

Depending on how next season plays out which I think only THREE losses at the most is acceptable and nothing less than winning the SEC East (UGA an USC will be breaking in new starting QB's even though Dylan Thompson has started some), he'll be around for his 5th year which THEN he'll have a team full of his guys and it's BCS or bust
  6. Bushmaster

Ratings Received:
    +652
    What evidence exists that Kerwin Bell would be a good/great OC???? If he was all that and a bag of chips, why is he still at Jacksonville??

SOMEONE would have plucked him by now right?
  7. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    We don't have the luxury of playing in the ACC...regardless of his record this season, I still think Jimbo is an average coach at best. But in the ACC, some superior talent (and FSU has by far the most talent in the ACC) and average coaching can get you pretty far.

In the SEC, there are so many teams which recruit well and very well..having the talent advantage that FSU has in the ACC is practically impossible for us. In our conference, you need great talent and great coaching to make it to the top.
  8. Crocodilian

Crocodilian Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    I want to like Muschamp, but this team hasn't been fun to watch since 2009. I realize he didn't take over until 2011. It's year 3 and this is probably the worst Florida team I've seen in my lifetime. If they go 5-7 and don't make a bowl game I can't see how anyone can defend him anymore.
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,725
    To clarify my OP...I stated that he must give FULL control of the offense to the new OC, and his defense must be healthy. My defense of Will was not without stipulations at this point:
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,518
    You should try reading more. They are open and public about it. Does it mean they wont flip? No but they just said on twitter the other day "this losing stops once we get on campus". I also think phillips committed early and wouldnt put a ton of stock into it except he is teammates and good friends with cook, just as lane is good friends with q.wilson who is 100% gator. I think these guys stick and the credit goes to t-rob. He has these south fla. Kids ears.
  11. Rawpimple

Rawpimple Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    t-rob is my boy and is the man.

look when we had meyer and things were going well, we didnt lock down recruiting. Kids still went elsewhere. Same with now. we will get our guys especially with the coaches we have who are tireless recruiters.

Does Pease recruit? dont see much about him.
  12. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,518
    Yeah pease recruits. He and muschamp are main main contacts for W. grier
  13. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365

See, I feel like if you have to stipulate that the HC needs to be completely removed from the offensive side of the ball, he isn't HC material. At that point he is the DC.
  14. Bushmaster

Ratings Received:
    +652
    Yes.
  15. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    Muschamp is an elite DC. He is a cr@ppy chief executive.