Prepare for the no-huddle offense!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by BengermanV, Dec 1, 2013.

1. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7

Agree completely
  2. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7

I agree completely
  3. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,884
    LOL good stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    aye
  5. BARRYisaWinnah

BARRYisaWinnah Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Jeff might throw a prettier ball than Tim did, but Jeff has missed more WIDE open receivers in 1.25 years than Tim did in his 3+....

not to mention the complete lack of pocket awareness that JD has shown, and the complete deer in the headlights look everytime the Oline breaks down (which is way tooooooo often) and his inability to throw a ball away

but yeah, JD is definitely the better QB
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +978
    This is funny coming from one who thinks Muschamp's 11-2 year means nothing.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    This is the truth, but it doesn't jive with what the media says so let's ignore that run and the playoffs.
  8. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    Accuracy means nothing in practice. In games Tebow is more accurate. Tebow throws it better. It's more than just the physical aspect of it. Tebow has a much better feel to the passing game and much better pocket awareness.
  9. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,279

Find were I said "Muschamp's 11-2 year means nothing". Go ahead, I'd like to see that quote by me... but be careful now, you're about to get burned here trying to provoke a p*ssing match.
  10. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    `
    I am talking about games Jeff is more accurate Tebow has better pocket presence. There is nothing I can really tell you if you believe Tebow is more accurate people are just blinded when it comes to Tim and his throwing that is why so many people were shocked he didnt work out in the NFL.

There is a reason they tried to change his throwing mechanics and footwork so much.
  11. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +978
    Oooh, Mr. Scary Internet Poster.

Every post you make about Muschamp assumes it. You can't be so adamant in his firing without discrediting last year.

But whatever. There's only one person trying to start a passing match.
  12. backupscs

backupscs New Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    Comparing apples and oranges here. My belief is at each level of football the mental part, the game awareness, the "will to win" whatever intangible that is, becomes a bigger factor in winnning and losing. In the pros the difference between winning and losing is very ,very small. That is why I would take a Tim Tebow over a more mechanical QB anyday. However Tebow's short stint in the NFL is more an anti backlash than a reflection oF TT's ability. You could see Elway almost throw up each time Tebow won. The egos are larger, the coaches do not want to tailor a team to Tebow's game no matter if it wins or not. A college coach will adjust to his recruits because he has to. A professional coach has a long line of virtual clones to choose from, not that those clones will win more games than Tebow. But he will never get that chance in today's NFL. The Fran Tarkenton, Kenny Stabler days are long gone. Neither of those guys had "great mechanics" either, they just won games.

So is Driscoll a better QB? Only if you like Pretty spirals and not wins.

How that relates to the coaching situation is entirely different. A bad college coach with less parity of competetion on average may be able to squeak out a winning season given a key player or three on his side. If they lose a key player, they lose. See Lane Kiffen who went 11-2 one time, and Phil Fulmer who won a National Championship I do believe. Were they Good coaches?
    NO.
    The reason is they were both totally dependent on out muscling the competetion with better players, slow to adjust to changes and slower to adjust to schemes and have an almost ineptness about playing the right guys at the right time. It's totally different than the pros. So lets stop NFL and College comparisons. Both are chess matches, but the pros have to be even smarter. Some college coaches at times survive purely on having better talent, they perish with parity. Last year Muschamp had a dominating defensive. This year he does not.

What Muschamp has proven is he is slow to change, slow to make adjustments, fails to prepare his team on a consistent year to year basis, and suffers a serious lack of insight into using whatever ingredients he has on hand to make a great meal. If he does not have a dominating physical advantage he cannot win.
    He is a bad head coach. The fact that he is 3 years into this saying he is NOW going to abandon 1970 brand football shows me even more proof this man is floundering. While it is nice he woke up, the next opposing coach will always be one move ahead of him. Up tempo, slow tempo, the man will always be overmatched with the increasing parity of CollegeFootball.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gators15

Gators15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Overall, TT was just more dymanic dual-threat qb than Driskel was. I would agree.

Yet I don't understand why some continue debating over JD and TT on stats as if JD had a similar offense skills around him like TT had. No way, it was a stark difference which everyone ought to know better. So it would be unfair to be honest. JD would, I definitely believe, have played better if he had the better offense players especially the o-linemen around him.

How difference? We shall never know unless he got the o-line protection doing its job as supposed to. We knew that he has a weak pocket presence and few mental lapses (mistakes). Otherwise, he has a potential so let's hope he gets it done next season or after.
  14. mikehev

mikehev Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +476
    Back to the topic...

If reports are accurate that WM wants to run an up-tempo, spread attack, sounds like Christensen and Anderson are probably the top candidates at this point.

In Christ forever,
    Mike
    John 3:16
  15. GTR75

GTR75 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    Let's win the time of possession.....oh, you want to win the game too? Should have told me...I will re-invent myself and go up tempo.....we can win the number of offensive plays per game! Stats are predictors....scoring wins games!
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,279

Uh-uh, you don't get to slink away that easily. Go find it. Back your mouth up after accusing me of saying something I didn't. Otherwise, stfu and find someone else to bait for your p*ssing matches.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. farfugnugen

farfugnugen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +332
    I heard that Muschamp told Pease to run the no huddle offense when he got here but Pease thought he said "befuddled offense"
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +978
    :rolleyes:
  19. SurfinG8or

SurfinG8or Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +314
    Not to change the subject but make sure you proof read your posts. There are several douche bags that like to give negative ratings for innocent spelling errors. Just a heads up. Carry on.
  20. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +978
    Yeah, I've been having a problem with the swipe keyboard on my new Samsung phone. It makes some pretty nonsensical suggestions that my last phone's Google keyboard didn't.