1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Predictions: the 2014 Florida Gators

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by mulegator, Aug 3, 2014.

1. samit23

samit23 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +358
    I am very optimistic that the Gators are going to have a very successful season with many highlights and championships to speak of. We are primed.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,132
    #9. We win the National Championship beating.........The Ohio State University!

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. phideltgator

phideltgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +461
    Yea, and I spent $1000 for these cowboy running boots. 004.JPG
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. UF67ee

UF67ee Member

Ratings Received:
    +81
    We lose about 5 games. Not much improvement in the record, but enough to keep Muschamp.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. co_gator89

co_gator89 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,297
    7-5. Losses to Bama, UGA, LSU, USC, and FSU. At best we'll manage to steal one of those games and go 8-4.

Edit: math fail
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +816
    No, not correct. Look it up.
  7. gatorlaw15

gatorlaw15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    Most people think that Muschamp is gone if we lose 5 games, his seat is too hot after last year.

The gators are 19-1 under muschamp when scoring 21 or more points. That gives you an idea of just how good our defense has been and how bad our offense has been.
  8. HotlantaGator

Ratings Received:
    +816
    Good point.

Muschamp also said today at Fan Day that UF is 19-3 when it wins turnover battle.

UF has lost multiple games with bad turnovers, and more than a few of those are in Jeff Driskel's column.

Roper has to get Driskel to getover that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HotlantaGator

Ratings Received:
    +816
    Stop talking crap. 7-5 is not optimistic.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HotlantaGator

Ratings Received:
    +816
    Its just amazing to me how many Gator fans are such pessimists.

It is even worse now than it was in the Zook years, and this board burned red hot in 2003 and 2004.

But even then most Gator fans allowed themselves to be fans before the season started, only to get frustrated and fed up with the excessive losses.

This year the tone of many posts and posters sounds like some won't even be able to enjoy Gator wins because they decrease the chance of a coaching change.

I can't quite figure out why so much pessimism. Many on here are not even allowing themselves to be fans.

Was 4-8 so emotionally scarring that they won't let themselves believe again?

Do they not see the improvement in depth and talent, admittedly most of it too young to have had much impact before this year, at most positions?

I'm a realist. I see that between potential inconsistency at QB, poor depth at OL and at DT and a very tough schedule UF may not win enough to be in the race for the SEC East till the end of the season.

But its August, man. Its time to at least believe/hope that your team's question marks are all resolved positively, major injuries are avoided, the ball bounces your way this year.

And look at the depth chart at WR, TB, S, LB, CB, DE....UF is about to unleash a ton of young talent at these positions on its opponents.

At positions where second year players can make a difference, you are going to see MANY exciting plays from new faces this year.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  11. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,132
    [​IMG]

Or......

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mulegator

mulegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +539
    I love the Bazz.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,230
    I've never coached a single down of college football, high school football, or Pop Warner football, but I'm fairly certain I could have coached the Florida Gators to a 4-8 record last year. Yes, even with the injuries. That's how bad things are in the city formerly known as Titletown. If there is nothing that separates a $2 million a year college football coach from the average fan, how much respect should the average fan have for the coach?

We may be the only Division I school in history to have its starting QB transfer after the season (without criminal or academic allegations). He transferred because the coaching was poor, and he didn't see any hope of getting playing time behind an unproven, struggling QB coming off an injury (because the head coach could not see ability in a football player to save his life).

I definitely believe in Florida football. Just not this coach. I've said it before, Will Muschamp may turn out to be a very good football coach, but it won't be at Florida. He has too many lessons to learn, and too many changes to make to his coaching style and organizational approach to the staff. If he wants to be successful as a head coach, he will make those adjustments after he gets fired and takes a Division II job. It is a disgrace that he allowed bickering among his staff to cost the team football games. That's something you expect from a (bad) high school coach.
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GoGators1022

GoGators1022 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +171
    9-3 (6-2 in SEC)

I believe we will see tremendous improvement on the offensive side of the ball.
  15. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,132
    This statement gives you a lot of credibility...
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,132
    If Florida limits turnovers and avoids injuries to the QB, UF will win 8-9 games and score about 25-26 PPG (UF scored 25 and 26 PPG in 2011 and 2012).

If the Roper transition is actually sucessful, UF will score closer to 30 PPG and they will win 10 games, and will have a chance to win more.
  17. HotlantaGator

Ratings Received:
    +816
    So how the heck did UF win 11 in 2012?

If Muschamp brings nothing more than an average fan, could you have done that too?

Your points about Tyler Murphy are much too exaggerated and melodramatic.

I too thought Murphy looked pretty good when he got his chance, but Murphy was not the starting QB at UF other than by default. He was a backup.

And like Jacob Coker at FSU, Zach Mettenberger at UGA, and a hundred other backup QBs, he transferred for playing time.

I think Tyler Murphy was a great Gator, I rooted from him last year and I'll root for him this year too. He is going to be a success at whatever he does. He showed class and perseverance for 4 years at UF, and he played pretty darn well when he finally got his opportunity. I hope he gets an opportunity this year to show what he can do with a decent offense not depleted by injuries.

But come on. Is Will Muschamp the only coach who sold Murphy short in your opinion?

Here were Murphy's other offers coming out of HS:

Syracuse
    Temple
    Fordham
    UConn

UF was the only major school that recruited him as a QB. I guess every other Division I coach "could not see ability in a football player to save his life."

When Brantley went down in in 2010 with Urban Meyer still at the helm, did Coach Meyer give Murphy a single snap?

No, he played Jordan Reed and Trey Burton at QB. I guess he's another coach who "could not see ability in a football player to save his life."

You are right that UF and Muschamp may be betting on the wrong horse in J Driskel. Muschamp didn't recruit him. Despite being a 5 star prospect, everyone knew Driskel was raw, a project with tremendous upside.

That may end up being Muschamp's undoing. He was left with Driskel, Brissett and Murphy. Now Brissett's gone, and Murphy's gone. This year, and probably Muschamp's job, ride on Driskel.

A young 5 star signee like Driskel probably scared other top QB recruits off in 2012 and 2013. That's the way QB recruiting works. 5 star QBs don't sign up to sit on the bench for 3 years anymore.

But Driskel's our guy, as is Muschamp, can't you root for them to win?

As far as the bickering causing UF to lose, that's just conjecture and hearsay. You don't know that.

I don't think its very rational to answer this question:

"UF's 2013 OL play was subpar because:

A) it lacked depth and then lost 4 starters for some or all of the year; OR

B) There were rumors on the internet of bickering b/w the OC and the OL coach."

I guess you pick B. OK. We differ there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. homer_j

homer_j Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +235
    15-0 National Champions!

The schedule sets up perfectly for us. We have 3 easy games before a trip to Bama. Bama is not as good as people think and our D-line will expose their O-line. Driskel will expose this secondary. We win BIG.

We have an off week before an easy game at Tennessee and LSU at home. LSU will not be the championship team that people think but they will be ranked high enough to give us a boost. Mizzou will be tough after the LSU game but they also lost a lot so this should be a 10-14 point win.

A week off to prep for the pups and we are motivated for this one. Vandy returns to be Vandy again (without Franklin) so this is a nice get over GA game and a week off before the Cocks. We get the HBC at our place and Champ has always played great D against him. We come away with another hard fought win.

Eastern KY is a nice easy warmup game for the noles. We stomped them two years ago and we we played them tough for a quarter last year (until the D got tired). This year will be a lot like 2012. We will run the ball down their throats.

Facing Auburn in the SEC Championship game will be a great game but we play solid, gap control D and we stuff their offense.

Finally, we get revenge on Urbs and Shelley. Champs shows Urbs that he took the time and fixed our program.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,468
    Coming off of a 4-8 campaign against our schedule and preseason Unranked and unloved? Maybe not, but he will be coach of the year in my eyes..
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,468
    If only being rich were so easy!!!