Prather's Impressive Company

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by rserina, Nov 28, 2013.

1. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,998
    According to Chris Harry in his FSU preview video, Prather is one of only three Gators to score 27+ points three times in his career--and Prather has done it in only six games this season. Amazing feat by a guy who has made as marked an improvement as anyone I can remember in this program. Noah as a sophomore and Parsons in his junior-senior years are the only two comparable, maybe Nelson as a sophomore.

But his led me to wonder who the other 27+ scorers are. Any guesses? Roberson? Walsh? Noah? Calathes? Boynton?
  2. FatherGoat

FatherGoat Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    Mad Max, Kenny B and A Rob are my guess.
  3. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +823
    I know for a fact that Teddy scored over 27 at least twice in 2000-01, one of which was against UK in the SEC Tourney. Not sure if there was a third in there.

Nick is a good guess, but given that he only played 2 years, the number of games is far more limited
  4. Crono139

Crono139 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +81
    I had a feeling that Calathes was one of them. Boynton had 2 his freshman year, Vandy and that crazy BYU game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorjjh

gatorjjh BS Jm, UF Class of '69 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,413
    Andy Owens listed on Bleacher Report as averaging 27 points per game in his senior year and Tony Miller as averaging 26.6 per game his Junior year

Oops did not see the qualifier of under Billy D and thought it was all time Gators, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  6. Gatorbait33

Gatorbait33 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    Brockway said:
    Casey Prather joins Teddy Dupay (2000-01) and Nick Calathes (2008-09) as one of just 3 Gators to score 27 or more in 3 games under BD.
    Boynton had two freshman year and then one again senior year @ Yale?
  7. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,998
    Surprised Dupay slipped my mind. It still amazes me that Prather has done it three times in six games, especially when his career high was 14 coming into those six games. He has also scored double digits in every game so far. I guess you can attribute some of that to the new foul rules, which really benefit physical slashers like him. In his three 27+ point games, Prather averaged 9.3 FT attempts and hit on 6.3 of them. His career-high in a single game prior to that was five attempts.
    • Like Like x 1