POS Winston

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by sandmangator, Jul 16, 2014.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,513
    They might have lost a game. Emphasis on might.

They were still significantly more talented than everyone on their schedule up until the BCS CG.
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,128
    Emphasis on might not have won all their games without Winston, and they wouldnt have.
  3. mharris34

mharris34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +212
    I've now asked you two times in two different threads to name the 4-5 games that FSU would've lost without Winston, and you ignored it both times. If you're going to make such a ridiculous statement, at least be prepared to explain. I will copy/paste what I asked you, hopefully you won't go into hiding again..
    ----
    So wait, who are the 5 losses to if FSU doesn't have Winston? I'm assuming Auburn is one of them, then maybe BC? FSU did lead them by 21 in the 4th quarter before BC scored the last TD of the game to "close" to within 14. But I'll play along anyways and give you that. There's two, Auburn and BC. Where are you finding the other 3 losses? Since you already said no to UF, that leaves:

Pitt? FSU beat them 41-13. Are you saying FSU couldn't score 14 points without Winston? Not even with the guy (Coker) who Alabama is excited about having as their starting QB this year?

Miami? FSU beat them 41-14. See above.

Clemson? FSU clobbered them 51-14, and it was 51-7 until the final seconds.

Duke? FSU crushed them 45-7, and it was 45-0 until the final seconds.

Please tell me the 5 losses FSU would've had without Winston. I'm just not seeing it.
  4. mharris34

mharris34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +212
    {crickets}

Graygator, are you going to list the 5 losses? Or is this another one of your magical disappearing acts?
  5. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +3,128
    Interesting story from Tuesday night.

I was at my table in my favorite watering hole and I had two buddies sitting there who were nolies, and they were talking about fsu football. It was funny listening to them talk about their team and couldn't even name any of their coaches besides Fisher. lol

Anyway, they started in about Winston's off-the-field antics. What I've noticed about nolie fans is that they seem to be completely aghast at how he steals crab legs or shoots off BB guns or acts like an self-involved idiot online, saying what a "d-ass" he is and how embarrassing it is for fsu... but they never bring up him raping an fsu co-ed.

They eventually tried to draw me, the token Gator at the table, into the conversation, but they decided better when I told them how funny I thought it was how they were mad at Winston for stealing crab legs but raping a girl didn't seem important to them.
  6. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,961
    I've never heard this criticism until this post and I'm pretty active on these forums.
  7. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,585
    Just laugh and say nothing more. Let them squirm. They're thinking about it and they KNOW you're thinking about it, but not taking the bait (and just giving that smug, knowing grin) will eat at them to the core.

This is called denial. Makes the above scenario that much more satisfying.
  8. cedarkey_gator1

cedarkey_gator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +561
    The whole town is in complete denial over the rape accusation. When the New York Times did a seven page story about the coverup/screwup by TPD, written by a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, I checked out the Tallahassee Democrat to see what the respone would be. There was an article telling us Winston was "bored" at spring football practice. Not a single mention of the Times article.
  9. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +3,128

So far, I know only three nolie fans who will outright admit they think Winston raped that girl. Most of them honestly believe his victim was some sort of "ho" who got what she deserved.
  10. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +3,128

Of course. Their paper is nothing but a propaganda rag, for both politics and sports. I used to enjoy listening to 100.7 FM Morning Show on Talk Radio with Preston Scott in the mornings, a guy who is also a former pastor at his church and always announcing how he supports religious values and decency, but then turns into a complete hypocrite when he defends Winston. I won't ever listen to him again.

It's amazing what that NC trophy does to people in Tallahassee, and really, nolie fans don't care how and which way they win one either. All the players involved in Footlocker, Sebastion Janikowski, Peter Warrick, and now Winston, all honored as heroes.

It's why I won't sing praises to former UF players like Jevon Kearse and several others who's stupidity in dealing with Tank Black could have gotten UF into the NCAA doghouse again.
  11. thedude60

thedude60 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Tank Black vs. a thieving, raping, gun shooting asshole that would piss off the NRA, but not the holier than thou , Blobby Bowden worshipping idiots at Ron Zook field.. The stupefied dimwit dodged 4, count them FOUR arrests, sure wish they had the GPD and our UPD.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,585
    I'm pretty sure Tank had his fingers in a number of programs, including F$U. May be wrong, but I believe he represented some of their players too.