Player WE MISSED MOST YESTERDAY

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Drewsagator, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Halapio....big time.

We don't seem to be opening up some the big cutback lanes without him in there. Moore and Garcia need to stay mostly at guard and we need to find a REAL LT....Sorry but DJ is just not quite the stud at left tackle we had hoped for. Hopefully he can put on more weight for next year. I also hope the coaches are planning on giving Trenton Brown some attention and reps since he only has 2 years of eligibility with us, it would be a same to waste his size IMO.

The oline is somewhat better than last year but we are still not a great pass blocking team and really miss Halapio's run blocking.
  2. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    That was the name that came to my mind when I saw the headline and before I saw your answer. WM said in his presser that Halapio should be back for UT.
  3. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Cutback lanes are not there and he is a beast when pulls around and gets on a LB...I'm worried about his injury becoming an issue for the rest of the season.
  4. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Tebow, Dallas Baker, Andre Caldwell, Cornelius Ingram, Pouncey twins, Matt Elam, Josh Evans, Riley Cooper, Danny Weurffel, Rex Grossman, Emmitt Smith, Erict Rhett, Steve Spurrier, Riedel Anthony, Jacquez Green, Fred Taylor, Jon Bostic, Carlos Dunlap, Ahmad Black, Jermaine Cunningham, Marcus Gilbert, Maurice Hurt, Louis Murphy, Mike Gillislee, Reggie Nelson, Joe Haden, Major Wright, Brandon Spikes, Jordan Reed....

Those are the only few that come to mind
  5. BigKockles

BigKockles New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Yes, I think if Halapio was in there, then Driskel doesn't throw those interceptions. Please! Enough with the excuses.
  6. lhnewman

lhnewman Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Halapio is an average lineman...IMHO
  7. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +593
    quite possibly. He would definitely improve the inside running game, which changes play calling throughout the game. Football isn't played in a vacuum.
  8. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Those interceptions where bad decisions on JD's part...we all know he has limited capabilities throwing the ball in the red zone and as someone mentioned above we might not have needed to be in a position to throw the ball down there because if one of our backs hits a open lane where one of their LB's was knocked on their a$$ there would be no need for a 3rd and long pass in the red zone.....make sense.
  9. xenythx

xenythx Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432
    Caleb Sturgis
  10. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,746
    The difference between this year and last year is last year we got to the 30 or 25 and said lets just take the field goal. The were actually trying to score this time. People are talking about we were not aggressive enough but I think we might see a less aggressive game now. This team will win a lot of games just kicking field goals
  11. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    True when you consider his pass blocking but when he is in we seem to be able to get tough yards between the tackles...yesterday and the second half last week we have struggled.
  12. philip214

philip214 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    I'd say we had Jordan reed yesterday, we would have won.
  13. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    100% true.
    I stated in another post today that if UF plays to their conservative nature and not put players with limited skill sets into high risk situations and kicks FG's we win 26-14....bottom line !!
    Let's face it, we are what we are, for the rest of this season and possibly next also. That being said we need to start recruiting the best LT prospect available for the Grier era, as well as a couple more gamebreaker type receivers.
  14. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    So you're not thinking Clay Burton graded out as a champion, and has lost any shot of making the All SEC Team as TE !!! :sad:
  15. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,976
    Yeah, Halapio...until JD drops back to pass.

Someone needs to watch that Sugar Bowl disaster again.
  16. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    So Tyler Murphy is the answer ????
    As far as I know Tebow has exhausted his eligibility.....Soooo

People it is what it is and we have who we have.....I seem to remember in 2009 when Bama had a noodle arm game manager and a bunch of underclassmen skill position guys and as we all know the rest is history.

The only real difference I see between that team and ours right now is a coach or coaches who didn't ask their players to do something they weren't good at, and their coaches didn't seem to panic when being only a TD behind.
  17. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +504
    You know the line sucks if Halapio is missed. Mr. Whiff himself created a whole new stat - # sacks allowed. I know he's improved but 2 years ago everyone knew when we dropped back it was going to be a sack. Even last year had 6 or 7 really ugly plays where he just let the guy go right by him. Moore though is way too slow on the outside. My grandmom can get to Driskel getting around Moore. He had 3 holding calls in the Miami game.
  18. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I would agree on both accounts....Halapio is a great run blocker but probably would considered average as far as pass protection goes.....We need a stud LT BADLY.....I also think Moore should stick to guard and it would be nice for him to rotate with Halapio and Garcia to keep them fresh.......DID I MENTION WE NEED TACKLES, WHO ACTUALLY PLAY TACKLE ????
  19. ironhead1

ironhead1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    I'm thinking Halapio has improved from last season.

At least,I would hope he used the off season to evaluate his weaknesses and develop a plan to improve.

I'm wiling to be right now that he will be much improved as the year progresses.
    Keep the faith boys..........
  20. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +576
    Best answer I've read so far.