Planning Trip To Loire Valley

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by gatorfan5220, Sep 15, 2013.

1. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,628
    Anyone been there? Thoughts?

We'll go May or September to beat the crowds.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    go during the season when weather is best. Suggest the fall. Since showers in the spring.

Wife and I going to TDF next year and will be at the American corner in one of the Alpine stages. Plans are to set up with some other couples a massive tailgate to show French how to enjoy food
  3. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +576
    Yeah but it's been awhile (about 25 years). Cathedral de Chartre (I think). Also, throughout France, stay in private homes where the owners cook for you (forget the name of this but they hang a green shingle outside); amazingly good.
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,053
    Used to date a girl from Saumur. Got to be friendly with her family and was invited to visit, but never got around to it. Last I checked, she's still there, running the family's vineyard and winery. That was the one I shouldn't have let get away. Didn't even know until right before she went back that she was a countess. Not sure that means much these days, except you name won't fit on an American driver's license. (She had three middle names.) She was beautiful. I could probably get her address. You could just drop by and say that Strange said hello. She lives in a huge 14th century chateau. Might even have an extra room or two. Bring vodka. She hates wine. Can't believe she's still single.

Sorry for the hijack, though she might still be one of the more beautiful sites in the region.