Patric Young's first 7 minutes in NBA (summer league)

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by g8rmann, Jul 11, 2014.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +930
    Regardless of whether he sticks with the Pelicans I think he'll be in the NBA this year. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. cstgator

cstgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    The key for Pat "making it" in the NBA is for him to develop some kind of reliable jumper. Doesn't need to be 18 feet out but if he can consistently knock down the 15 footer, then all of a sudden we are talking about him being a quality NBA role player a la Udonis Haslem. He's a little on the short side but I think he makes up for that with his physique and motor.
  3. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +815
    On the short side??? He measured in at 6'10" with 9.25" hands and a 7'2" wingspan at the combine. He's anything but on the short side, even for an NBA center. His combine measurements resulted in him being considered tall and long, to go with a 38" vertical.
  4. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +865
    I think the Haslem and Ben Wallace comparisons are right on for Pat and think he will end up somewhere between the two when all is said and done. He seemed to like the baseline jumper a few times during his career here...if he can get consistent with that he will definitely extend his career. Look at Noah too, he rarely if ever shot jumpers while at UF and only developed a jumper in the last couple years. Adding that to his game made him a much more complete player...he can hit that 15-18 footer at a pretty good clip. I expect Patric to be able to add that to his game over time as well. It won't happen right away, but in the right situation I think Patric will definitely blossom into a nice NBA player.

Perhaps he won't be heading to the broadcast booth as quickly as imagined, eh rserina?
  5. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,996
    Yawn...
  6. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +865
    Heh, just giving you a hard time, lighten up Francis!