Pat Dooley no Lane Kiffin and OC hire is two weeks away

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Dec 3, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,838
    so I will take that as a no
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +998
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
  3. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,838
    he understood it:cool:
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +998
    Is that your mr cool face?
  5. capnpen

capnpen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
    Exactly what I was thinking. He takes it as a "no." I take it as a, "I'm tired of talking to you and being belittled because I have a different point of view." No sense arguing with the great and powerful AZ.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,838
    Interesting since you didn't just say that. At what point did you feel like you were being belittled? Some of you love coming up with all these dooms day scenarios. We certainly can lose recruits but if you are going to it would be nice to say who is going to leave why and where they would go. I can actually do that. All you are stating is we can be negative recruited right now which has been the case all year and will be the case every year.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mikehev

mikehev Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343
    I've thought about Dooley's comments, which basically conclude that an announcement may come not this Monday, but the following Monday or Tuesday, 12/16 or 12/17.

Here is my best guess as to what is going on if this timeframe is accurate:

-Muschamp wants, or at the very least wants to interview Norvell from ASU
    -ASU is in the conference championship game this weekend, so professional courtesy precludes us from interviewing him right now
    -Muschamp will spend part of next week (12/9-12/13) interviewing him
    -If Norvell does not accept or Muschamp doesn't sense a fit, Muschamp already has his alternative lined up
    -Either way, Muschamp announces Norvell OR his alternate OC choice on 12/16 or 12/17

Again, this is predicated on Pat's info being correct about "2 weeks"

In Christ forever,
    Mike
    John 3:16
  8. Welshgator

Welshgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
  9. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,972
    An interesting candidate. Looks kind of like a whizkid type. Now if he comes aboard, does Muschamp give him free rein and sinks or swims with him? And does Norvell have an OLine coach he wants to work with?
  10. Welshgator

Ratings Received:
    +222
    Looking back on Norvell's history, he would have worked with Spencer Leftwich on OL when he was at Tulsa. Sounds like a good coach. He's at UTEP now. Just throwing the name out there as one Norvell might be interested in if he came here, due to his previous association.

http://www.tulsahurricane.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072710aaa.html
  11. Welshgator

Ratings Received:
    +222
  12. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    Though next season will tell us more, I believe we are witnessing the maturation of coach muschamp. Like I posted before there is a natural learning curve when you move up from foot soldier to leader. Having a tendency to want to do everything rather than delegate responsibilities.

The fact that champ is swallowing his pride and changing his philosophy in order to be successful is Shades of bear bryant who, as many know changed his style many times in order to win. I believe if we get a good OC like Norvell or another great play caller with champs vision on how our program should be ran. ( let's be honest, he holds players accountable for their off field actions etc. and has operated our team with integrity ie: no major violations, cut down player arrest, etc)

We may just have a great coach on our hands but this next season and his OC hire will tell us more.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. capnpen

capnpen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
    You might be right about Muschamp having potential. What we really need to see in the next year is how Muschamp manages his staff, and not just the new coaches. Like any good organization, a winning football team has strong top-down leadership. At Muschamp's level, he has to be more of a CEO of the football team and less of a line-manager at the factory. As a position or unit coach, he was excellent because he seems to work well with the players. But at the top, he has to be more about the overall philosophy and strategy, and working with his coaches to implement that. So far, it seems like he's still a defensive coordinator who employs someone to run the offense. Perhaps this mandated shake-up will realign his thinking to be more in tune with the entire team and staff. Ron Zook was never really able to do that - not at Florida and not at Illinois. Hopefully, for Muschamp's sake and for the sake of the Gators, he won't repeat Zook's mistakes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    Exactly, the same happened to me when I went from a staff member to having my own staff and facility. I was trying to have a hand in or do everything, with the thinking that if I want it Done right, do it myself. I hadn't learned to delegate responsibilities among the staff. A couple years later something clicked that I'm more successful over seeing operations than doing the operations myself. It's a natural learning curve and some hit it sooner than others. Hopefully this year has helped champ get over that hump and reason with himself and his philosophy. Hiring a good OC with a completely opposite type of offense than he prefers means he is doing what he has to to win which is a good step in the right direction.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +535
    He does a nice job at keeping out offense under control.. Jk