Pat Dooley no Lane Kiffin and OC hire is two weeks away

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Dec 3, 2013.

1. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,056
    Unless Muschamp leaves the offense alone and is completely hands off then it doesn't matter who we bring in as OC...
  2. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,535
    Fwiw he did air it out. How many 200 yard receiving games did Robert woods and marquis Lee have?. And I believe he was talking about #1 offense as a coordinator. We established he is not a good head coachcoach but OC he's ok
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    elaborate on why you feel this way please? Would love for you to discuss why the head coach shouldn't have any influence on the offense and explain how that would help a football team.
  4. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    what recruits are going to be swayed? You got any names? Grier is coming no matter what. Goolsby is coming not matter what, same with Sousa.The Linemen commits dont really care. Cook is going to come down to Muschamp and Trob and probably in the next few weeks. These kids talk to their position coaches and Muschamp an OC they have never spoken to is going to have some huge influence on them now? These kids signed up to play fro Muscamp's old offense that you clearly thinks sucks so why would they jump ship now?
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Easy math, if you want change and the HC wants to continue a pattern, you won't get it until the guy hired to fix the problem, is allowed to do his job. Or you end up with doing the same thing, and getting the same results.

WM said when he was hired, he had to hire someone else to do O for him, what part of his words do you disagree with. The hope is he lets an O reach it's highest level.

My hope is we are getting someone who has a game in two weeks to play before we can hire. And we turn the O over to him and let him fix things. Why do we want to keep WM away from the O, the results that show us as one of the worst in college ball. WM needs to help WM out by letting others do their job.
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    well how much has WM been involved in the O in the first place? I bet you have no clue. How involved do you think he was when Charlie was the OC?

Pease said CM let him do his job. Charlie never complained about Muschamp after he left and he also made a lot of changes in his 1 year at UF. I always thought WM needed to get more involved in the O because Pease was calling stuff we wouldn't block tbh. Look at how we blocked Clowney year 1 or Pease and how we blocked him year 2. You would think Pease would know Clowney was great from just watching film
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +271
    If I were Muschamp, I would make Joker and White co-offensive coordinators, and hire Leak as the QB coach.

Then I would send the three of them on an island vacation for a month after NSD and tell them to come back with a new offensive scheme
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    The record is what it is on the O side of the ball, the constant, WM. So you disagree with his on words, the results of two OC's, and of course everyone else that can see us ranked 110 in college ball on the O side of the ball.

We are hiring an OC for a reason, only you refuse to believe we don't need change from our lofty status.

The use of so many accusations of what this or that coach did is moot, the only one remaining of that crew is the one that needs to let the new staff do the job they are hired for.

You actually wanted more field position, punt the ball, throw only on third and long and then throw too short, ball control to shorten and bore the game down, and lose a close one. You wanted more of that style of play.

Bless your heart...
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    hopefully they would film it and out it on ESPN.
  10. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +854
    Well, both Weis and Pease had some really crap offenses before ever working with WM, so he's not the only constant. The other constant is we've had terrible OCs.
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,782
    To be fair, Weiss has done well at times as OC. He was very effective at KC the year before coming here.

In addition to not hitting a truly strong OC, we've had significant roster issues on offense. We look like we should be turning that corner this coming season... and getting stronger beyond if we hold our key 2014 recruits and keep building.
  12. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +636
    Yes, I was referring to when he was a coordinator, not the head coach which he is clearly not cut out for at this time, if ever.
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    we had 6 or 7 OL in 2011 in the SEC which is recipe for disaster
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    I really think that a lot of our poor offense had/has to do with the players and the general scheme.. Not defending Weiss but what kind of magic was he going to create with two true freshman QBs after Brantley went down.

Now, Pease on the other hand, I think that whatever offense he is running is going to look pretty much like it did the past two years. And it could be that way with a great QB.

Frankly, I think moving to the spread is the only way to get a quick fix. Our biggest issue is QB and Driskel - and for that matter Murphy - are clearly better suited for a spread concept offense than a pro style. We have the backs now IMO. We have some young talent at receiver. Now, about those offensive linemen we seem to need . . .
  15. capnpen

capnpen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
    AZ, how are you so sure that no other coach has talked to any of our recruits? And are the guys we have the only recruits we're going to have? Aren't there other players out there that we're interested in? Don't you think those guys are talking to other schools? Coaches in the recruiting process commonly disparage the other schools who are in the running, even if it's not ultra-harsh. You don't think it would be possible, or even likely, for an opposing coach to say something like:

"Well, you know that Coach Muschamp is a helluva great guy. But he knows defense, and he never has put a great offense on the field. And they don't even know who their next offensive coach is going to be. You can take a chance on Florida figuring their offense out, or you can come play for us, where you know we love to put lots of points on the board."

From everything I've heard about the process, including from kids I've known who have been recruited, that is a very common thing. To think that in our vulnerable position, especially on offense, that it wasn't happening with our recruits would be extremely foolish.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,535
    It does happen but alot of these kids hear it from one coach then go to another coach who tells him something bad about the school who just bad mouthed ours . So either every school they go to has something bad about them or they know there is alot of mud slinging going on.

And to add to GATORAZ point. These kids committed to play the offense we had since champ got here so they must have liked something to begin with. So another coach saying " they haven't put out a good offense in 3 years" is obvious but they obviously think they can make it better. And saying we are getting a new OC only means we will be getting better since we can't get any worse on offense. So if they tell the recruits that then they will be doing us a favor. :)
  17. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Lol at this response. You sure used a lot of words to say nothing while utterly failing to respond to his post.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    you want to name some names? And do you want to makes some bets with me when it comes to recruiting? :)
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  19. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Totally disagree! Kiffin is just a petulant immature guy. He's never really had to work for anything. Not the way most of us do. Petrino is just a douche bag. Kiffin isn't really a tool in the same sense. Kiffin ain't Rollin around on a Harley with some skank, or showing up with a neck brace on. I'm not saying I'm a kiffin fan, but on the DB scale kiffin is like a 3 Petrino 9 or 10
  20. capnpen

capnpen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
    I'm merely talking about possibilities. But you're clearly right. Uncertainty is a great thing. Let's wait another month to get a good candidate and let Boom sell recruits on our offense. Should work beautifully.