Parsons recruiting Howard

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by rserina, Jun 22, 2013.

1. gatorcrimlaw08

gatorcrimlaw08 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +59
    I hope for Houston and Chandler's sake they keep this cancer far away from the Rockets' locker room.
  2. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,077
  3. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    Howard is one of the most annoying and least reliable people in the NBA. I wouldn't believe a word he says...
  4. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,077
    Well, he didn't say it. Someone whose house he was looking at did.
  5. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    My comment was in general, not in response to him looking at houses.

But, you can bet he is behind whatever is leaked or he is aware of anything that is out there.
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,077
    Houston has traded Thomas Robinson to clear the cap space needed to sign Howard (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA). They already waived Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino as expected. Now they are initiating conversations with other teams about taking Asik and Lin via trade (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22588779/sources-confident-rockets-make-asik-lin-available-in-trades).

I still wouldn't put money on Howard coming to Houston, if only because the fallout will be every bit as bad as it was over forcing a trade to the Lakers. He is too impressionable to overlook that kind of stuff, especially when it will reflect back on him. That being said, the Rockets have positioned themselves as well as anyone.

But, as I have said throughout this thread, this is still a very risky move. Can they really get good value for Asik, one of the best defensive bigs in the game who is just starting to come into his own, if everyone knows they have to get rid of him? Likewise, while I am no Lin fan, I don't see how they will get much in return for a guy who will hold a 15 mil cap figure in 2014-15? Should be interesting.
  7. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    Howard unreliable? His numbers went down because of injury, but the last few months of the season, he was putting up 20/15 with 60% shooting.

He's the only 3 time consecutive winner of the defensive ptoy. He'll be healthy this coming season and when he is, he's able to guard the 5 give help on the 4 and protect the rim all at the same time. No other player in the NBA can do that. Throw in 20 pts a game and he's worth much more than a max contract. Only James is a more valuable player when healthy.

Now if he's never healthy again, then so be it, but no team is going to throw away the chance to sign him on the hopes that he'll never recover.
  8. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,077
    And, yet again, he has been plagued by injuries the last two seasons, is 28, carries a ton of weight on his frame, his production has dropped markedly, and he was on a seven-seed that made the playoffs the last day of the season despite having Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Steve Nash. And now he will be expected to anchor the defense without very good defenders in front of him, and get up and down the floor in a high volume, transition based offense. That isn't, nor has it ever been, his game. And remember that Houston is the same franchise that got past the first round of the playoffs once with the Yao/McGrady pairing precisely because of injuries.

Believe me, there are plenty of questions the Houston front office is asking right now and, while the chance to get an elite big like Howard outweighs the concerns, you act as if those concerns aren't legitimate.
  9. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    I agree their legitimate concerns, but they're not enough to make any NBA team stay away from him. That's just the sad fact of life in the post skilled 7 footer NBA.
  10. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +825
    Why is Howard publicly telling the Rockets that they need a 3rd superstar to go along with him and Harden?

If I was Parsons I'd feel upset about that. Not saying he is a superstar but if you are calling Harden a superstar.....then obviously Howard doesn't feel like Parsons is a legitimate 3rd wheel.

that is why you don't sign Howard......he is a moron!
  11. sleeze

sleeze Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    Parsons could be the 3rd scoring option for any team..even second.he played excellent in the playoffs..He could be a potential allstar soon if he keeps improving.

I personally think Dwight wants to play with Josh Smith in Houston.
  12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +156
    Dwight and Josh deserve each other.
  13. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +825

The point though is not to make a public statement that seems like you are putting down a player on your potential next team. Especially when the guy is making a public pitch for you to come, is an up and coming all-star caliber player, and is one of the more popular local players.

Howard basically said that Parsons isn't good enough to be a top 3 player on his team. Now whether he meant it or not or is just hoping to land Josh Smith.....whatever. The point is that he should think before he speaks or not speak at all.

Howard has a severe lack of maturity. Honestly, I hope that in order to get Smith the Rockets have to trade Parsons to the Hawks and pair him up with Al
  14. RD_gator

RD_gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    ditto!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/en-fuego/os-gd-dwight-howard-free-agency-20130703,0,4446026.post

:no:
  15. GatorJason

GatorJason Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +117
    Congrats Chandler and Houston for landing Howard.
  16. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,279
    My favorite part about this move today is totally screwing the Lakers.
    But God help the Rockets now.
    Just hope Dwightmare pretends to put in an effort even close to what Chandler does.
  17. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,126
    If I'm the Lakers I blow up the team. Trade Kobe. Trade Pau. Trade Nash. Keep the worthless coach for now.

Stock pile those first round picks for the next NBA draft and rebuild with to tier talent.
  18. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,077
    No way they trade an injured Kobe at 30 mil. And no one wants to trade picks in next year's draft. Regardless, Nash is the only one under contract for next season, so if they can tank and get a top-5 pick, they will have cash and talent on hand.
  19. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,077
    • Like Like x 1
  20. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,126
    So is Kobe under contract or not? It makes it even easier to accomplish what I said if him and Pau aren't under contract.