Parrish 2014 NBA Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Noahtogo24, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Noahtogo24

Noahtogo24 Member

Ratings Received:
    +86
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/fullnbamockdraft-GaryParrish

Walker at 33: Chris Walker, PF, Florida: Comment: Walker's academic issues have delayed his college career. But he'll still get selected if he chooses to enter the draft. (Previous: 33)

Kasey Hill at 50: Kasey Hill, PG, Florida: An early-season ankle injury has slowed Hill's development. But if you saw him early, you know he's good. (Previous: NR)

2 notes:
    1. Shocked not to see Prather somewhere in the 45-60 range.
    2. Seems like Walker is going to be a one and done imo.
  2. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    Walker is going to move up that board if he shows anything this year really. His athletisism and size are huge upsides on their own. If he shows he can handle himself in the College Game he moves into the Lottery easily. Hill we may have for another year but if Walker is as good as we think he may be, it will be hard to keep the kid. That's a lot of money he has never had, and you couldn't fault him for taking the opportunity.
  3. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    If Prather can improve his perimeter shooting he could jump to somewhere between 30-60. Just my opinion.
  4. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +597
    I like looking at these lists for fun, but I wouldn't put much stock in this. I have problems with a number of the picks.

Walker is making a poor decision if he chose to leave for the 2nd round when you have his kind of upside. If his stock is that poor at the end of the year, its a no-brainer IMO for him to come back. Same for Hill. While I haven't seen as much of him as I'd like, I expect his body to mature over the next year or two. I guess if I expect this, GM's could too and could draft him with this in mind. I just dont see either of these guys leaving until they're solidly in the first round.

I still think both players return next year. Walker will jump as soon as his stock is high enough for him. I just don't think it'll get there this year considering his late start, raw skillset and UF's loaded front court.
  5. TheSchmidt

TheSchmidt Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    I think Wilbekin could sneak into the second round.

Good size for a PG, elite defender, good enough jumpshot and has gotten better with his in between/floater game.

Prather has NBA athleticism, but a 6'6 guy who can't shoot is easy to defend.
  6. Noahtogo24

Noahtogo24 Member

Ratings Received:
    +86
    FYI, he has 3 Kansas players going in the lottery.
  7. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +328
    I don't think it's a guarantee that Walker goes pro next year. If he was really only concerned about getting into the NBA, he could have played in Europe this year instead of working to get eligible + getting paid.
  8. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Scottie may make a roster as a UFA. It might be better for him if he wasn't drafted and he could find a team that has roster space.

He's certainly proven that he is worthy of being in the conversation as a pro. That break up of the 3 on 1 break last week against UConn was a thing of beauty and I don't know how many have the basketball IQ & physical ability to make that play.
  9. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    i don't know if this is true or not, but from what i'v heard, chris walker comes from almost nothing. in that scenario i don't blame anyone for going pro, helping the family out. of course staying an extra year can always help you're draft status; but then again look at pat young, his draft stock has fallen every year that he has stayed here, tonight was a good sign for him though.
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  10. bbreece1

bbreece1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    I'm taking solace in the fact that one person's name is no longer being mentioned in forums. They can play in the NBA, the reason some people don't like it is because they can REALLY play and anyone with any flaws is going to be somewhere in Greece or Slovenia. Can still make a nice living there but it certainly wasn't the original dream of a lotta guys.
  11. jareduf

jareduf Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    If P Young continues to hit the jump shot, he will slowly move up into a mid 2nd rd pick.