Parker/Wiggins ever go against C Walker?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by jhbyrd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. jhbyrd

jhbyrd Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,222
    Did Parker or Wiggins ever go against Chris walker? If so how did Chris do?
  2. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +908
    would've had to have been on the AAU circuit.....although I can't think of anything the past two years.

I'm pretty sure that Wiggins and Randle had gone against each other last summer

wasn't Parker hurt last summer?
  3. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +464
    You can't really make any legitimate comparisons of "ability" or "skills" based on things like AAU matchups, because performance is at least 50% environment dependent.
  4. gatorrick1

gatorrick1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +113
    Wiggins is far and away the top NBA prospect in this class and college Basketball, but having watched him in person, I'm not sure he has the right intensity at this time in his career to carry a team to a final four like a Randle or Parker. Again, I think ultimately he matures and is the best player by far to come out of this class I just don't know if it will show in the final results of NCAA next season.
  5. gatorrick1

gatorrick1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +113
    My bad, I did not mention wiggins/Walker. Two completely different players who have one thing in common, crazy hops!! Wiggins is a much more refined better player than Walker right now, but I love Chris's upside as long as he is really serious about being a great player. You can see Wiggins has worked hard to develop his overall skills where Chris is just starting to do that. One has been a serious bball player for years the other is just starting to take himself seriously (hence the academic issues). With that said Chris is super talented and I really see a ton of Amare in his game if he will buy in, busy his butt and be content to do work 15 ft and in. He has Amare kind of explosion ( Pre Amare Knee Injury ).
  6. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,630
    They might have gone against each other in the McD game, but I don't remember which team Wiggins was on. He did did play very well and got a lot of minutes. Walker didn't play that much, but looked very good when he was on the floor. Got a couple of really spectacular blocks and at least one dunk off an alley-lop from Hill. I only saw the first half and I was in the nose bleed section of the United Center so it was hard to see what was going on.
  7. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +908
    Wiggins....world class athlete...unreal potential. The LeBron James comparisons are silly but maybe a better athlete at same point. Not better basketball player

Randle. I think he is Al Horford after his junior year, now!

I love his blend of athleticism and skill. Smart and talented....I am really upset he went to UK. If not UF, he should've went to Texas or Kansas. Bad decision on his part to get involved in that program and limit his minutes next year.

would easily be the #1 pick in 2015...but why wait. the money isn't really different and it's a year burned to get to the FA deals
  8. Bullis33

Bullis33 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,351
    Spot on as usual Rick....

9. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    I disagree. IMO, Randle is right there with him.