Park City Utah

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by jaxbeachgator, Aug 26, 2013.

1. supagator

supagator Supa'star Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,924
    I took the advice of Kalani and thegator re: things to do in Park City/ Deer Valley. Saw a huge moose my first morning there right outside of our cabin. Unreal. First day we went to Park city and did the alpine slide, etc. reallly fun. Use the brakes I didnt, and i've still got a nasty scar. 2nd and third days were wedding crap. But we did do a lot of drinking along the strip no name bar was cool, but the coolest bar was downtown in some old shack lookng place from the outside but when you got inside they made Vodka and boy was it good. We also drove near the provo area one Sunday afternoon to do a float trip in small intertubes down the provo river water was freezing but so beautiful. Bring kids it was fun. Oh yeah, Sunday is a tricky day to get booze. They sell it, but not everywhere. The amazing part was a lot of people couldnt even tell you where. Mountain biking really looked fun, too. Finally, don't be afraid to ask the young locals on what to do they helped us big time. I cant wait to go back.
  2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,866
    bad timing for people with kids in school. oh well, Grand Cayman here we come in the spring
  3. supagator

supagator Supa'star Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,924
    Dad, I thought we were going to Kauai?
  4. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,672
    As far as liquor on Sunday, you should be able to buy it anywhere ie restaurants and grocery stores. The only exception is liquor stores. All hard liquor, beer above 3.2 alcohol and wine must be bought at State Liquor stores, which is closed on Sunday. However, you can still order a glass from a restaurant.

Other than that it is business as usual, everywhere else. Ironically, I believe it is still illegal to purchase alcohol in Florida before noon on Sundays. :happy:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,866
    that is in the summer, try and keep up or the plane is going to leave without you. don't even make me get mom after you, you won't like it...

kids have never been snow skiing, conflicts with school or always seemed outrageously expensive with uncertain ski conditions in small time windows when it does not conflict with school. x-mas, spring break in late March
    • Like Like x 1
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +562
    You can go other times too. I just try and avoid the crowds.

As far as traveling during the school year, my parents did it with us. You just have to talk to the teachers to get the assignments for the time missed and make sure your kids do the work. It was never a problem for us and we were able to travel more often because it cost less for trips.
  7. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,672
    Xmas break can be good or bad. As far as snow quality, it all depends on the year. Sometimes we have a great snow in November and December, and there is plenty on the mountain.

Other times, we get very little snow and it takes until about January to get a good base of snow.

Also during Xmas break, if it is a good snow year, lots of tourists. So you may have to deal with longer lines.
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,873
    Correction...'watered-down' Utah.
  9. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +486
    With kids in school it is challenging, even more so if they play sports. Maybe you can even borrow some gear from friends who ski. We have loaned our stuff out a few times. If you go in the spring, probably need less warm clothes anyway. We have a lot of great memories from our family ski trips.
    Winter Park outside of Denver is usually reasonable and a great place for beginners also. Not that crowded during the week, just avoid the weekend commuters.