Parent's Letter to Editor about FSU and Jameis.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, May 14, 2014.

1. antny

antny Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +357
    I commented in the other thread about how he only received a citation instead of getting arrested for shoplifting. Staying out of cuffs gives him a free out and while many know he's a dumbass the stigma of getting arrested was avoided and he was signing autographs on an Espn highlight reel just days later.

Jokes will be made but he wont miss a beat this season. Remember, even with all the uncertainty surrounding the rape case they were still doing fluff pieces praising his character before they gave him the heisman.

Nebraska of the 90s and Miami of the 80s were strikes 1 and 2 for me. This whole situation and how willing the sports media and fans are to minimize as well as ignore how protected this guy and others are has really soured me on major sports
  2. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +596
    This one's tough. FSU is already nothing more than a safety school. If parents can't allow their kids to attend FSU, someone on the nole boards is going to have to post a list of the best beauty schools.
  3. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +596
    FSU/ACC football are not "major sports".
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,633
    Funny, but true . :)
  5. UF67ee

UF67ee Member

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Why can't the NCAA get involved with this corruption? School should be penalized for allowing this to happen
  6. mikehev

mikehev Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343
    Seeing this stuff sure makes me appreciate Tim and Danny. It makes it that much more commendable that they used their platform for others instead of for themselves when you see news like this.

In Christ forever,
    Mike
    John 3:16
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,633
    Well actually, that's what his father thinks. Saw it mentioned in the USA Today last Monday by Rachel Axon that Antor said that FSU had dropped the ball. You know, it was their fault as he said they were suppose to have a 24/7 eye on him!
  8. ofmgator

ofmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    This house of cards will come down on halfassu...or will it? Too many other instances of bad behavior in Tally were never addressed by anyone in charge.This is a true bad culture with no dignity or truth whatsoever.
  9. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,633
    Rachel Axon of the USA Today has run a few good, interesting articles on the Jameis saga at FSU. On May 12th she had one that centers on two things. First, on the privileged mentality that Jameis shows in his usual behavior which was highlighted quite a bit in this lengthy text message he sent his father after the crab legs incident at Publix in Tallahassee:

"I know what doesn't kill you make you stronger actually being suspended was the best days of my life!

When I get older we gone laugh at this petty stuff IM GOOD that's all that matters ignore minor comments or people that ain't livin MY life.

God did that for a reason, u accepted my punishment now everything is over.

I live for success and greatness and I ain't gone stop doing that so everything good."

(Now, in case any one wonders, that is the exact grammar, vocabulary, spelling and capital letters that were in the USA Today column. I know, I had to read it a couple of times also to get it.)

Also interesting in the article I that Winston's father pretty much blames FSU for his son getting into trouble:

"He's suppose to have somebody around him 24/7. He's a Heisman Trophy winner, so (he's) definitely not supposed to be by (himself)," Antonor Winston.

I have no doubt the Jameis saga will continue.
  10. CockyInSeattle

CockyInSeattle Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +232
    I hope it continues (but not to the detriment of another coed). But I hope there is irreparable damage to FSU and the Tallahassee police department. I'd like the next bout of FSU irrelevance to last centuries.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +167
    Amen! It proves you can have character and still win.
  12. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    I wouldn't have let my kids go to FSU either way. I expect them to get a good education.
  13. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    Well its a good thing I wasn't ever going to let my daughter go to FSU or UM anyway, regardless of the whole winston thing. Something inside me wouldn't let me sleep at night knowing she is going to our most hated rival.

This whole winston ordeal just gives me a less selfish reason to tell her she cant go there when that time comes...... she's only 2 so I got a little time for fsu to give me a better reason.
  14. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +599
    It also gives you enough time to make sure she's educated enough that she doesn't have to fall back on F$U.
  15. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    I'd send her to USF before FSU. Hell I might even give thought to Phoenix online college before FSU. Lol depends on the mood I'm in when that time comes I guess. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. gatordee

gatordee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,487
    It just goes to show you what people will do to have success. They will use anything or ANYONE to obtain it. They will claim they care and love these individuals in order to continue their success under a relationship built with lies just because of people like Jimbo and company who will do anything so they can have their claim to fame. The more important an individual is, the more they get away with. The sad fact is, it has reached a point that it is being done in our faces every day to a where the CEOs (coaches, owners etc) just play stupid. But now the people who make a living governing these people act just as ignorant and are turning a blind eye. Do you really think Jimbo, FSU alumni, prosecutors, etc care about JW? Bending the rules and having questionable recruiting tactics is one thing. But handling a rape case the way it was handled is totally unacceptable. The more money involved in college sports, the more we will witness crap like this. Jimbo wanted that ring while Tallahassee officials did not want to be the reason Tallahassee did not get a championship. I can only imagine the slang being said about JW behind closed doors by those who shook his hand just two hours earlier. In fact, some of those same people hope like hell JWs life crashes as soon as he steps off campus for good. JW believes he is so damn smart and he cannot be touched while his family sits back and watches him being used. This kid is not going to leave FSU at the age of 21 with his mentality and all the sudden become a productive citizen. Later, he can thank Fisher and company for helping him become the person he becomes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +167
    And not take as long to be revealed as Penn State. F$U has no shame.
  18. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,633
    In this morning's Lakeland Ledger PUBLIX had this ad:

>> Seafood

$14.99 LB.
    King Crab Clusters

Fully-Cooked, Previously Frozen,
    Wild Harvested.

SAVE UP TO 4.00 LB. <<

Maybe the PUBLIX in Tallahassee shouldn't run this ad. It might tempt you know Whom to do What!

19. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    That's way too expensive for his taste, he prefers the 5 finger discount clusters. :)