P90X

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by gator929, Feb 26, 2012.

1. gator929

gator929 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Considering trying this in lieu of my regular gym workout. Anybody out there went through the program? Positive or negative feedback?
  2. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +347
    Do a search and you will find mentions in a bunch of older threads. Most people that have done it seems to have positive thoughts on it. I personally think its over the top.
  3. oI2ange

oI2ange Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +114
    sister and mom have tried it. if you take it seriously and you actually are consistent about it, sure, it'll help. most any workout will work if you're dedicated and committed to it though, and p90x is no different. kinda depends on what your goal is as well...p90x sucks ass for a strength trainer. but if you want to cut some fat out and help your cardio, i'm sure it can help.
  4. ATL_Gator

ATL_Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,399
    I have never done it myself, but from what I understand... if you want anything close to the results seen on the ads, you have to follow everything, not just the exercise part.
  5. Clayton101st

Clayton101st New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Currently doing it right now. Day 1 I weighed 252 just finished day 28 yesterday and I weigh 238.2 you have to follow the nutrition plan and have discipline to not break the diet. I personally love it. I worked out twice a day everyday for a year in Afghanistan and i was alright with the results but with p90x it's totally different. Hour long workout with 15 min Abb workout every other day and I would encourage anyone trying to get lean to try it. But all the results depend on your body and how hard you push yourself.
  6. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +806
    No question it works. I don't happen to think it works very well though. In other words, it is not a time-efficient means of enhancing body composition.
  7. gator929

gator929 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback all. My main goal is to add muscle, although i wouldnt mind dropping the last few pounds of fat either. Do you need to purchase alot of equipment?
  8. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +347
    If you want to add muscle I dont think P90X is the program for you. Even if you need to burn some fat. Build strength and size follows and for that there are much better programs you can find online for cheaper than P90X. They would also require less time.
  9. BossaGator

BossaGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +387
    I'll echo the others that I don't think p90x is designed to build much muscle or strength. IMO it's designed to get you looking good for the beach. If that's what you want, more power to you, but I wouldn't go into it expecting to become much stronger.
  10. ufbeta

ufbeta VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    I've done it a couple times and loved it. I gained size, strength, and definitely lowered body fat (once I started following the diet). I've never been one to go to the gym so the fact that is very regimented helped me a lot. The variety of doing something different every day appealed to me as well. As far as negatives, the yoga will kick your a$$ the first several times.

Sent from my iPad using GatorCountry
  11. ufbeta

ufbeta VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    Equipment ..... Pull up bar ($30 bucks at walmart), set of bands or dumbbells, and push up stands (not mandatory but helped my wrists).

Sent from my iPad using GatorCountry