Our Previous OL Coaches

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ArtDeco, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,552
    Denver's O-line coach.
  2. LostReptile

LostReptile New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Do whatever Alabama is doing for the oline--recruiting, training, coaching, --- their players get to the nfl and recruits line up at the door
  3. leogator

leogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    Yep, their players get to the NFL and then die. Fluker is not exactly tearing it up in the NFL, neither is Womack.

When you lose your one to one battles and you're a 5th year senior it is not coaching. It's either lack of desire or you're just weak. So are we sure that Dillman's S&C program is working. Maybe Dilman's techniques just add bulk and not strength?
  4. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Maybe fluker isn't playing as well since he's taken a pay cut by going pro
  5. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +635
    I thought it was because the NFL calls holding.
    Also hurts that the NFL refs' checks don't come from Birmingham.
  6. LostReptile

LostReptile New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Most will agree that UF's Oline play, even with injuries, has been terrible. Given that, is there a chance that muschamp moves out the Oline coach at season end and brings in a big time coach?
  7. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,567
    I share concerns on the OL coaching... which has to take responsibility for the OL performance this season. There has been some improvement in pass protection in terms of fewer blown assignments, but we're getting beat physically in three out of the five positions on the line. And we will probably have ongoing problems with protections in the backfield with Jones out.

The talent on this roster appears to be a big part of the issue. How many SEC level OTs do we have?

As far as I can tell, the only one playing who is close to that is DJ, and at his size, he still has issues handling guys with strength and quickness, who can bull rush and/or go around him. I could be wrong but I think his procedure calls were a reflection of him trying to get his set too quickly because he was worried about getting beat.

The loss of Green was huge, and we haven't successfully dealt with it with the guys we're trying to play at OT. Perhaps Garcia and Koehne should get looks. I think we have guards... and we shouldn't need to be playing one with a torn pec who can't handle anybody coming across his left side... and has always had issues moving his feet against quick players. I love Halapio for his work ethic, and at times he is a real force in the run game, but he's getting killed at times in protection and sometimes in the run game too.

It may be tough to do major shift in positions now, but we have to do something, because every team the rest of the way out is going to attack us until we show we can protect and make plays. And Mizzou, UGA, USCe and reFSU all have athletes they can successfully attack us with if we don't get a lot better quick.

I flash back to '08 when we kept trying to play CJ at LT, and he kept getting beat. When we moved him in to LG, the whole line came together. I know we don't have the Pounceys on this team, but I have to think we do have some guys who can play and putting them in the right spots will make a difference.

Maybe something like Garcia, Koehne (or Silberman), Harrison, Moore and DJ (or Koehne) would work as a line up. So hard to speculate without seeing them practice, but it's hard to imagine we can't put a more productive line up out there.

My .02 from the cheap seats. Will be interesting to see what we do.