Our Best Win This Season

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by BengermanV, Sep 29, 2013.

1. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +883
    People are going to scoff at the win, but winning AT Kentucky against a team that gave Louisville fits is not a joke. We easily could have won 31/38-0 tonight. If our coaches even wanted to tap on the gas pedal late in the game, we would have scored. Murphy looked great again, outside of the one throw. Really excited about him. The difference between him and Driskel are the checkdowns. Murphy finds guys who are open, and Driskel struggled with that.

Just as I suspected, Jones is emerging as our best tailback. He's going to be a lot better for us than most people think, IMO. It was also a nice first half for our WR's. I'm with the "we played it a little too conservatively" crowd, especially because Murphy needs as many in-game reps as possible moving forward. The game was in hand, so I'm not sure why we didn't let it rip a few times.

The defense looked great, but what else is new? The coverage is lockdown, Fowler is a first round talent, and we have solid linebacker play. Plus, we might have the best defensive mind not named Saban on our sidelines, and as much as I disagree with his offensive philosophy at times, I love watching him coach defense. Arkansas might be tough, but their defense is weak. If we shut down the run early, we will win easy.
  2. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,323
    The best game we've played this year for sure.
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,047
    Robinson on offense made a nice catch and Taylor on defense looked good all night long.
  4. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +851
    While flipping around and watching some of the other SEC games, NONE of the announcers said anything about UF being in the hunt for the SEC East....not one! All they talked about were UGA and USCe, it was as if we had two SEC loses or something. This team is getting no respect but I kind of like it. May be the best thing for keeping us grounded and working hard until we get to the meat of our schedule.
  5. eastowest

eastowest Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    We most likely will have to run the table in the SEC to win the East.We have to beat Uga. that's for sure.Uga giving up a avg. of 33 pts a game gives us hope.
  6. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +851
    We can win the east with one loss as long as it's not to Uga or possibly USCe. My point was, we are as much in it as anyone but nobody seems to know that.
  7. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +166
    Nothing new about that, same thing happened in preseason. It was like the East consisted of only two teams, USC and UGA. It probably won't stop until we stop giving away games like UM, UGA or of course until we beat UGA and USC.
  8. eastowest

Ratings Received:
    +174
    Uga's in the best position......having already beat SC/Lsu...2 teams we have yet to face.... both on the road also.
  9. eastowest

Ratings Received:
    +174
    4 of our 6 remaining SEC games are not in the Swamp.
  10. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572
    Our best win? The next one! Beat Arkansas!