OT:basketball forums

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by 08gatorbait, Jan 25, 2014.

1. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    Where are good basketball forums not team based? Seems really hard to find a place to talk college ball with different teams and point of views. Also what's the best uk forum would like to talk with them too like daily and rem etc do here(you guys are cool for ugly blue).
  2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    Sorry I don't know the answer, as this is home for me. FWIW - I really enjoy our trifecta of UK posters here. Daily is totally innocuous and respectful. REM has been much the same and has plenty to contribute, even if I've gotten into it with him in the distant past. Then there's Bert and I'll just say that he's different. But it's fun giving him hell. Sorry - back on topic . . .
  3. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +385
    rec.sport.basketball.college at one time was an awesome place on USENET.

Those were the good old days.

Don't bother trying it now.
  4. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +598
    I know some of the recruiting sites have national forums. From what I've seen they're pretty volatile and not ultra conducive to actual discussion.

UK forum situation isn't great either actually. There rivals one is by far the most well known and the most well populated. There are some really good posters there but honestly sometimes it takes weeding through the lesser masses to find them. Its a lot of work and really, just glimpsing at the board every once in a while, you certainly won't develop more of a respect for the UK fanbase. Just gotta remember the concept of a vocal minority IMO. Kentucky sports radio (the site and the radio show) are really where its at for UK fans if you ask me. They don't have a message board though.

Jeff has always mentioned liking a specific UK site. I just can't remember it and haven't ever posted there.

You guys have it good here.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    This can't be over-stated. The 'net board is a special place. Need more participation from Brent this year.