Orlando And Miami Elite 11 / NFTC

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Theactech, Mar 16, 2014.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    Dexter Williams sounds like a helluva athlete at RB... anyone know where we stand with him?
  2. Theactech

Theactech Member

Ratings Received:
    +39
    "Me and Florida have good communication," Williams said. "I have high interest in Florida because it's in Florida. I consider Florida a lot, plusmy family is all full of Gators."

Think our staff still likes TJ Simmons. He says we are recruiting him the hardest.

Agree and makes no sense to me....Williams is better than Simmons by a WIDE margin IMO

These were some posters on tos talking about williams
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,605
    Anybody know anything about Chance Thrasher, the QB from Peachtree Ridge HS? Doesn't appear to be anything special, but the name jumped out because I have relatives with that last name all over Atlanta.
  4. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Looking at the tape on both of them, from their styles it appears we need one of the two since they have similiar skill sets (one cut and go runners and throw in a bruiser like Patrick or Scarlet). I would like to know your take on Williams vs Simmons by a wide margin? (maybe info i'm not aware of)
  5. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Williams has also blown up on the recruiting scene. He has nine offers and all are from major football powers and all have come in the past month. He released a top three in February and it did not include Florida, but Saturday he said his top five are the Gators, Miami, Georgia, Ohio State and Southern Cal.
    "Well ... it's just a family thing, it's a Gator thing. That's all I hear every day. My dad will be in the background talking about, 'Gator, Gator, Gator,' " Williams said. "I have a lot of love for Florida, and plus, that's where I'm from, Florida, and I do want to hold it down for my state."
    When Florida was not in the mix among his original favorites, it surprised a few people, including members of the Gators' coaching staff.
    "I heard a lot about and I got a couple of calls from the coaches and they asked me why," Williams said. "But I have this feeling in my gut that Florida should be in there."
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +266
    I feel like I'm wrong 50% of the time with how RBs pan out, but I like Simmons a lot. He's a very well-rounded and natural rb and I don't think he's near his ceiling. He's 195 with a frame for 20# easy and it doesn't look like it will slow him down at all, but it would improve his strengths.
  7. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +405
    Appreciated Actech.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,422
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. jgriffis21

jgriffis21 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +107
    To me he is the #1 DE we need to get. He is a beast. Its looking good. He has been high on Florida since last year.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +105
    Do we have a top target at QB? I see a number of names, but not any particular interest level. To early?
  11. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +881
    While I think the coaching staff would love to have Torrance Gibson, he seems like he is likely to leave the state, or stay in South Florida. I think the two most likely candidates are Deondre Francois and Dwayne Lawson. Both are in state kids who seem to have legitimate interest in the Gators.
  12. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,422
    Gibson has looked average at best playing QB at these camps, While francois has reaped praise for his play thus far. Dwayne Lawson certainly has the size at 6'5, and a respectable arm, and him being former teammate of VH3 certainly helps.

With just the way Gibson has carried himself so far, and his attitude about him and the game of football in general, I don't want him nowhere on the roster. Reading some of his quotes after a poor performances at the camps, leads me to think he doesn't take this process to seriously and hopefully he hasn't let that way too early 5* ranking go to his head. He's still at that stage where he has to work to earn everything he gets. Nothing will be given to him.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. jgriffis21

jgriffis21 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +107
    I couldn't agree more. I do not want Gibson at all. I have heard a lot of negative stuff about him at these camps. Seems like he is pretty full of himself too.