Opening Point Spreads (+21 vs Bama, +17 vs FSU, +9 vs LSU, +9 vs UGA)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by theghost, Jun 13, 2014.

1. odessagatorguy

odessagatorguy Member

Ratings Received:
    +83
    Stupid? Moron? Those are your words NOT MINE and you've done this twice now. Hyperbole or are you baiting?

You are using ONE single to blanket the other two. Let me know when he has ANOTHER(that's more than ONE) of those seasons. 22-16 is REALITY. He has coached more than a single year. You're digging your hole deeper by clinging to the liferaft of a single season. Time to move on and cheer. I already gave him next season so you aren't convincing me of anything. Just making yourself more obvious than before. By all means please add to your legend.
  2. odessagatorguy

odessagatorguy Member

Ratings Received:
    +83
    worm: Are you trying to say that Muschamp hasn't been outcoached in any of his 16 losses(including some of those in 2013)? If you can honestly say "NO" then I need an ignore button ASAP. Again, nice playing with you CobraKai's but Larusso needs some sleep. Full schedule tomorrow. Go Gators!
  3. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,052
    Hyperbole, or the art of demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.

We'll find out. I listed what i think would be Foley's criteria above. Heck, you agreed with it!

I'm doing nothing of the sort. He had three eyars - a transition year where quarterbacks were going down all year, a great second season when everyone was healthy, and a disastrous third season where he ws hit by issues completely out of his control. If he has a healthy, experienced team in 2014 and still goes 8-5, he's gone.

Not my intent. I enjoy coming here to discuss the nuances of football with like-minded fellow Gators. I had to deal with the pitchfork, noose and tar/feathers crowd a decade ago, and they were equally as irrational as those who do it now.

I agree with you. One year to see how he does. You seem to think that no matter HOW well we do, if we don't go to Atlanta, he fails. I strongly disagree, as that may not be in his control. I say if we are competitive, then he gets another year. If we go back to 8-5 football with a healthy team, then it's time to go.

How hard is that for you to understand?
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    • Boring Boring x 1
  4. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,052
    Of course he has! So has Saban, Spurrier, Richt, etc. It happens. Not sure why the Cobra Kai reference. This is a discussion, not a death match. If you think it is, then you definitely need to hit the ignore button. Doesn't have to be that way, however.
  5. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    Good LAWD man! We debate on this site brother; better get use to it. Just because we have a difference of opinion doesn't mean I think I know more then you nor have I claimed too.

Truth be told, you haven't said much other then he's an average coach. You haven't backed any of that up with anything statistical other then his record; pretty lazy imo. What's semi-comical is that's probably your idea of debate.

Don't scare you? Why should we? Because we both have given some evidence as to why we think the way we do and why we feel you are wrong? That's not trying to scare you but only to enlighten you. Whether you accept it is up to you. However, you can't debate it as 2 things are very clear:

1) What we have said is factual
    2) I honestly don't think you grasp what the word "Debate" means.

The victim card is not well accepted here so I'm not sure what else to tell ya!

THERE'S A REASON FOLEY DIDN'T FIRE HIM AND IT'S NOT LACK OF REPLACEMENTS~ let it sink in......
  6. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Because of how much we would owe him on his contract?

Just kiddin'... I won't hazard a guess at what Foley thinks.
  7. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    Oak,

We are gonna have to ask you to stop attacking others. This means any form of debate is out the window! ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    Nope.....UF makes too much money to be worried about that if he thought we were staring at another losing season

Edit: Just saw the added part at the bottom :)
  9. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +220
    Bama doesn't have a starting QB and won't have one until after fall practice competition.

LSU is going to start a true freshman QB. When was the last time a true freshman QB came to The Swamp and won?

USC's starting QB isn't as good as Connor Shaw. The cocks will be close to one dimensional. Losing Clowney and that other guy off the DL won't help them either. Mike Davis will be a one man show.

Matty Mauck and Mizzou are going to find out paybacks are hell.

No, I don't agree that Muschamp should go if he doesn't win the East. If the wheels come off again, then yes. However, anything 8-4 and above plus being a team that competes for the East is a keeper. As I stated earlier in this thread, I think UF will go 9-3 or 10-2. It depends on the combination of the losses as to whether that will be good enough to win the East.
  10. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +817
    Why its relevant is because you said yourself that he deserved to be fired b/c he's had two really bad years out of his three here.

But in one of those bad years, 2011, ZERO of the players on the two deep were his recruits.

So, the answer to your question "Isn't Muschamp responsible for both?" is NO ,in 2011 he had had no responsibility or control over the talent on the field.

I am glad I was able to highlight for you the error in your reasoning. You don't need to thank me.

But since the coach's responsibility for talent is seemingly so important to you, I will leave you with one number:

2016. That will be the year when Muschamp becomes 100% responsible for the players on the roster.

I am glad to know that you, like me, are patient enough to wait and judge Muschamp when he gets to go into battle with his own recruits.
  11. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,056
    Hope we're winning before 2016.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    Here's my 2 cents on Muschamp, he tried to copy Bama's formula for success but he didn't ever get the linemen to duplicate that success so after three years he finally admitted to himself that it isn't working so that's why we had the schematic change on offense. Don't get me wrong I like Muschamp but he really needs this offense to work.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +936
    OMG, seriously dude? Now he is immune until 2016? lol. I'm glad you are not running my company.

So according to your logic, he can go 6-6 and 5-7 the next two seasons and should be retained right? I'm guessing you were in the 'Zook got a raw deal' camp.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +936
    Do you really think UF can simply throw away 8 mill like it's nothing?
  15. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    If it truly felt like Muschamp was not the guy, and there was a replacement capable of winning, then yes I believe they would see it as a wise investment; not throwing it away.
  16. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    I'm with you on this one. No way is 2016 "the" season. He has plenty of "his" players this season to win.
  17. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,052
    Well, being that Zook:

* Inherited a very bare cupboard (our 2000 class greatly underachieved, and the 2001/2002 classes were poor);

* NEVER had a deep, experienced team (minimum 12-13 lost starters before every season);

* Key injuries to QB (2003) or had a QB do his own thing and lose games singlehandedly (Ole Miss, LSU);

* Tougher than usual schedules (2003 possibly our toughest top end schedule ever);

* Two games that were outright stolen from him that he is blamed for by the idiot fans;

* Won a National Coach of the Year award in 2007 at Illinois...

...then I guess a case could have been made that he got a raw deal. ;)

Zook was fired the day Bernie Machen came to Florida. Urban was in the bullpen and received a saturated cupboard of experienced talent.

As for the contention that Muschamp will have his first team of HIS players doesn't mean we won't win games until then. I agree with you that he can be successful with some of Meyer's players still on board.

That said, we aren't entitled to win SEC titles. Since Danny left, we won three SEC titles in 17 years. It's a lot tougher to win them these days. Georgia isn't coached by Ray Goof, USCe isn;t coached by Brad Scott, LSU isn't coached by Curly Hallman, and Alabama has the best coach in the nation. Auburn is now recruiting as well as we are, and will be a force to reckon with for a while, while Mizzou, when loaded, is as good as anyone. The Aggies seem to be much better in the SEC than they were in the Big XII. Even the Mississippi schools are picking it up.

Florida will have great teams again, but I think the days of Florida dominating, as they did from 1983-1985 and again from 1990-1996 are pretty much over for now. We are still among the contenders, however. Since 1997:

School--------Division Champ/Co-Champ---Conf Title----Natl Title--W/L

Auburn................................8.......................................3...................2................143-72
    LSU......................................7......................................4...................2................159-58
    Florida.................................7.......................................3...................2................159-59
    Tennessee............................6.......................................2...................1................137-77
    Georgia................................6.......................................2...................0...............161-58
    Alabama..............................5........................................3...................3...............146-70
    Arkansas..............................3........................................0...................0..............120-90
    Miss State.............................1.......................................0....................0................98-108
    Mizzou..................................1........................................0...................0.............124-87*
    USCe.....................................1........................................0...................0.............118-92
    Ole Miss................................1........................................0...................0.............107-100
    Texas A&M...........................0........................................0...................0.............127-86*
    Kentucky...............................0........................................0...................0..............83-121
    Vandy....................................0........................................0...................0..............68-131

How many here know that both Zook (in 2003) and Muschamp (in 2012) put an SEC championship trophy in the trophy case? How many fans would ever give them credit for that?
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  18. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    In all fairness Zook was fired because he had absolutely no control over the program and liked to think of himself as a player rather then a coach.
  19. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,052
    Sounds kinda silly in retrospect, doesn't it? Control of program?
  20. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    Well not in regards to him controlling his team.