Online Dating

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by Dreamliner, Mar 26, 2014.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,569
    Well, that's the anniversary. It all depends on how well my sister-in-law is doing and how much my wife really wants my support. I have a good enough relationship with my sister-in-law to support her on my own. She's been divorced herself and thinks her sister is crazy. (They're both crazy) In the mean time, I have a free apartment at my disposal in a hot in-town neighborhood. It's owned by my wife's good friend who is now married to a successful younger man who has a nice home and a job in the distant northwest suburbs. It was actually my wife's idea for me to spend some time there for my own mental health. Our friend is the owner and has a tenant downstairs. It's a fabulous place and I should take advantage of it before she decides to sell. It's worth over a million. The owner's unit has been expanded into a duplex with a fabulous master's suite complete with jacuzzi, massage room and a balcony over her garden. She also has a wine cellar stocked with her ex's collection.

I'm often tempted to just start arguments for no reason that will always end in "So why don't you just spend some time over at Jeanette's place." What am I waiting for? I haven't had sex in eight months. I might not wait until Chanukah.
  2. bakaduin

bakaduin Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +978
    8 months!! You must buy Jergens by the tub.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wuerffel5220

Wuerffel5220 GC Hall of Famer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,975
    Finally decided to take the plunge and pay for a site for 1 month, and the next day met a girl in real life. Haha, whatever it takes, but the universe has a sense of humor. Still nothing real yet, but we sat next to each other on a plane ride, hit it off and got a phone number.
  4. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    It's done. Over. Check the grill. Turn off the lights. Go home.
  5. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    Think I've died and gone to heaven. Got me a Russian girlfriend. She's been in America for six years now. Lives in Columbia, SC, about 90 minutes from me. Yes, prototypical deep Russian accent. Yes, long and leggy and beautiful. Sweet disposition to boot. Will share pics when appropriate.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,346
    Congrats Dream and . . . ahem . . . it's nearly always appropriate to share pics! :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wuerffel5220

Ratings Received:
    +2,975
    Back to the well... :/
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    Didn't work out ?
  9. Wuerffel5220

Ratings Received:
    +2,975
    It did not. Great date, had alot of fun next day she said she had a really good time but"doesn't see a future together" blah blah blah.
  10. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,871
    Tangential post: dating from scratch HAS to be a major pain these days. Too many directions that people are going/thinking and getting something started has to be a lot of misses. I think the old ways are still better (if you have that luxury). Let your friends, especially your girl friends if you are a guy, to let them know you are looking.
  11. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    Did you press her for details ? Was she kind of "eh" during the date ? Some women are simply not motivated and are waiting to be swept off their feet.
  12. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    Hehe, I've found that friends and family have terrible judgement in this regard.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. lwg8tr

lwg8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Lighten up Francis
  14. lwg8tr

lwg8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Well Dream how has your experience been? Just celebrated my two year anniversary with my "MAIN SQUEEZE" I met on Match and could not be happier. My lady being a VP for a tech company had had it with lecherous guys asking her to pick out melons at the grocery stores or guys passing her business cards in airports. She wanted to control the men she chose to go out with and screen them beforehand without all the pressure. Women like confident and assertive but not pushy or aggressive and most PUA game is pushy and aggressive and catering to 25 year old c*m dupster barflys.

My GF's ex husband she met the old fashioned way, a good friend of a friend, seemed safe huh? Well after 9 years he turned out to be a lazy, nutjob with serious emotional issues. So much for being "Old school" the only way to finding a great mate. My ex also I met through a friend in 1991. Online is just a tool, it can let you met many people, find your "game", get your confidence and let you really determine what you like and want in someone. With a "fixup" you sometimes feel pressured to make it work because you have others to answer to.
  15. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    Very happy for your success, lwg8tr! Format makes perfect sense. Everybody knows why they're there. It's an ideal environment to shed pretense and get down to business. Did me a relationship that didn't work out. Did meet some playas along the way. Have made some good friends. And have met a woman who could be the one. Will keep you posted.
  16. Wuerffel5220

Ratings Received:
    +2,975
    Had a date last night that was fun, though she just got out of a 7 year relationship 2 months ago. Sent her a message that I had fun and called out what I knew was coming that she seemed like she should be in a relationship but wasn't ready for one. She agreed and I said I still would be happy to go out again, no pressure, just fun enjoy each other's company.
    Then she said she didn't think so and I asked for followup this time. She started dropping cliches
    "Just not feeling it" I had a response...then
    "I've only been single for two months" and "there's just no spark...it happens"
    then she literally wrote "you're cute, funny, etc. but I don't want to waste your time"
    "cute, funny, etc."?!
    Haha, come on!

In no way did I give off vibe I as looking for super-serious/marriage. Would like for it to something, but find this really funny. So I just said that she was putting way too much into the meaning a 2nd date but if she wasn't interested, I wasn't going to push it.

Oh womenz
  17. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    Cute and funny ... what else is there ? Seriously, just two months out of a long-standing relationship and it's hard to imagine how she is anything but muddled in her thinking. Takeaway: don't take it personally.
  18. Potzer01

Potzer01 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +275
    I've tried Match and OkCupid... Results have been bad to worse. Dozen's of dates, 1 or 2 that I didn't want to leave midway through a date. Nothing substantial though.
  19. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +2,325
    Online dating can be counter-productive. It can engender a fear of focusing on any one person for fear of missing the "next better match." So, you look for reasons early on to meet the next person.

It happened to me. Realizing that chastened me a bit. Thankfully, I've met a lady I greatly desire to focus on.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Wuerffel5220

Ratings Received:
    +2,975
    Nope, in this case not taking it personal. Just general frustration