Online Dating

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by Dreamliner, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Wuerffel5220

Wuerffel5220 GC Hall of Famer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,674
    I've had this bad streak lately where I will message an attractive woman, let's call her symmetrical and within a couple of hours I will get a message in my inbox but from a different, very unattractive woman. The two are not related, just an odd coincidence, but it has happened 4 times in a row now with no other messages coming. Like making a wish, but with a bad penny. Again, they're not the same woman passing themselves off as something they are not, just a cruel coincidence of timing
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +636
    Is that you Manti Te'o?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,030
    I feel for people who struggle to meet and develop a long standing relationships with the opposite sex-
    my exwife met her last 2 hubbies this way :p

funny thing did happen to one of my best friends-he decided to try Eharmony and filled out all the stuff and the first lady they sent to him was his exwife-he cancelled his membership and then about 5 years ago met a lovely lady through Match.com

der schlinkmeister-I think the red boots must have scared some of those idiots off- you are a strong woman and unfortunately there are men out there who cannot deal with a strong woman- don't give up
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +806
    I can tell you that one of the very first questions I asked women online is "What has your experience been like online ?" If they complain bitterly, as so many are wont to do, I simply respond "Good luck in your search!" and continue in mine.
  5. co_gator89

co_gator89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343
    My cousin met the woman he's marrying in July on Christian Mingle. And that means I get to stand around in a tuxedo and pose for an assload of pictures. Again.
  6. Wuerffel5220

Ratings Received:
    +2,674
    Happened again lol. This is 5 times in a row now.
  7. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +806
    I know you guys and girls never saw this one coming, but I am stunned at the number of 50 to 60 year-old women on the dating site who have permanently removed their pubic hair via laser.

Not that I raised the issue. A couple of women volunteered the information early-on. Then I asked a few more.

Subsequent research revealed that less than 10% of women in my age group (57) have had this done and only 12% of men prefer the "all-off" look. Yet, I appear to be meeting more than my fair share of aliens.

Seriously, I don't want to marry a woman who will always look like a little girl to me down there. I don't mind spitting out a hair or two.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,239
    Dream - almost spit out my drink! :p But thanks for keepin' it real up in here. Too too too too tooooooooo funny!
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Lol... You mean hookas.
  10. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +782
    Been married for just over 24 years. My wife and I started talking about separating several weeks ago, so I started checking things out, not really putting myself out there, but just "browsing" sites. It's not for everyone, but the one I like the best and the one my acquaintances have had the best luck with is J-Date. Believe it or not, there are a lot of gentiles cruising J-Date, either because that's exactly what they're looking for or because it's a good all-round dating site. I had a friend back in St. Louis, an expatriate cracker from Tifton, GA who in his mid-fifties decided he wanted a Jewish wife. He found a lovely young woman in her 30s within two months, and within a year, they were married.

Back to my situation, the good news is that the separation plans have been put on hold and we will likely limp across the finish line for our 25th anniversary in November. The bad news is that I put the kibosh on it when her sister was diagnosed with lung cancer. I couldn't possibly leave her at a time like this.
  11. Wuerffel5220

Ratings Received:
    +2,674
    I truly hope it works out the way you both want. If you need anything send me a PM
  12. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +782
    I'm there with you on that. I don't know what the percentages are, but a friend of mine is a nurse in an OB/BYN practice and she swears that most women these days have "gone smooth" down there. The younger they are, the more likely, but there are still a lot of older women going that route. I think it looks really weird on older women. Younger women just look more like Barbie dolls than they already did. There's nothing attractive about that. Up here in the cold midwest, I can't imagine surrendering any God-given insulation to the cold. For women in general, don't you spend enough time and money tending to your appearance? Who are you trying to impress, the other women at your gym?

Don't get my started on "man-scaping," though I might shave my back and shoulders this summer. I'm an avid cyclist and have to go through Boys Town to get to the lakefront. Won't go into detail, but "bear hunters" give me the creeps.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +782
    I'm in the media biz. A popular phrase in that field is that "He/She has a perfect face for radio."
  14. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +782
    Thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind. Right now I'm just focused on my sister in-law. I love her like I love my own sisters. I can't stand the thought of her not being there or my wife not having any family left.

It will be good for me not to focus on my own needs for a while.
  15. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +782
    I know what that's like, though my tastes run from there clear to the present. Given the number of live venues and festivals here, I still get out a lot for live shows. It's always the little places, the nightclub/live music venue where they check everyone's ID. I pull mine out, the guy looks at it and starts counting on his fingers, looks back at me and says "Oh dude!"

It's not so bad at the music festivals. I've been going with my kids since they were 12 and a lot of other 40-ish to 60-ish types are there with their kids, even grown kids hanging out with their parents. Told the story on this forum years ago about meeting Jeff Tweedy and his family at one of those festivals, hanging out for a little bit while our kids had a squirt gun fight.

FYI, those festivals are pretty good places to meet people of the opposite sex, or same sex if that's what you're looking for. Right off the bat, you know you've met someone you have something in common with. I have a single female friend about my age whose biggest problem dating is finding men who like the same kind of music. (Her tastes are the same as mine.) Too bad she's agoraphobic.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +782
    It's too bad we can do it the way they did in the old days, like my parents. Some UF grad in my dad's squadron introduced him to my mom, they went out a few times, got drunk one night, she got pregnant and he did the only honorable thing, marry a woman he barely knew at a Marine Corp chapel with no family in attendance. They had five kids, 12 grandchildren and remained married for 57 years. My mom passed away two weeks after their anniversary.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wuerffel5220

Ratings Received:
    +2,674
    Any good Gator girls out there?! Haha. Tampa Bay area preferred ;)
  18. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    I should probably try it. I just have no internet game. I have zero clue what to say in an email to get a girl. I'm much better in person because I can use my humor, sarcasm, and read the girl and her reactions to things said. I'll sign up, and give you guys the account name and you hit on them for me :p
  19. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +806
    Insider tip for men: post of pic of yourself with a puppy. In your profile notate that you love long walks on the beach and that you are equally comfortable in tux and jeans. Women will dry-hump you fifteen minutes into your first date.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +636
    so if the finish line is in november, I guess you'll be back on J-Date in time for hanukkah...