Omari Spellman

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gator_gary, Jun 20, 2014.

1. gator_gary

gator_gary GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +846
    Omari Spellman Adds Offers (UPDATED)
    June 17th, 2014 9:41 am
    Omari Spellman, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Team Scan, picked up several offers this week.

Ranked No. 24 by ESPN.com in the Class of 2016, Spellman added offers from Florida, Miami, Iowa, West Virginia, Seton Hall and Indiana, Team Scan coach Munch Williams told SNY.tv. He previously held offers from Villanova, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Cincinnati and Manhattan.

Spellman told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer the Florida offer was especially meaningful.

“That was cool because it let me know my hard work was really paying off,” Spellman said. “I’ve liked Florida as a school since I was younger when they had Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Chandler Parsons and Bradley Beal.”

Meantime, reports that Spellman is transferring to the MacDuffie (MA) School from North Royalton (OH) are premature, although it could happen down the road.

“He’s still enrolled at North Royalton,” Williams said.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,182
    Just browsing through the end of this forum and found this. Damn, what could've been with Spellman as our 5.

3. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,148
    He's a very impressive player (especially for a Fr.) and gave Nova a big, physical presence they had lacked, even 2 years ago when they won it all. He'd be perfect for White's system with his ability to shoot and create spacing. Unfortunately, 6'9 250+ lb. kids that can move and shoot don't grow on trees.
  4. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +13,399
    Interesting this came up. I was talking w somebody and commenting that I think Stokes could have a comparable type game… At least offensively.
    I think Spellman came in with the physicality, and then added the offensive versatility. Stokes is coming in with the offensive arsenal, but would have to add the physical component. And the conditioning, of course.
  5. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,182
    I hope that the redshirt season helps Stokes development the same way it helped Spellman. Spellman has a man's body, I still see a kid's body in Stokes but he has the DNA to be an impact player if he puts his mind to it.
  6. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,705
    Isaiah’s biggest deficiency has been lack of lateral movement on defense and the boards. Better conditioning and weight loss could change that.
  7. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,239
    Stokes has a great touch with his shooting. If there is one thing we have see with Coach White's Bigs, it is a real move to muscle gain. Although Stokes came in Big, Gak, Basset & Stone all added a lot of Muscle weight during their time at UF. Shoot, even perennially skinny Hayes added a lot of strength and some weight.