OL Trevon Young Transferring

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps0607, Dec 11, 2013.

1. manigordo

manigordo Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +330
    The coaches took a flyer on him because they had the slot and he was available. Kid missed BB and wants a chance to play. Good luck to him and thanks for your efforts at UF.

Same for all of the transfers. Thank you and best wishes. The new slots should improve the team or the coaches will be told the same thing.
  2. lorigatormom

lorigatormom Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +150
    "how bad do I think this class will be....?"

In response to that, Muschamp has pulled in a couple of top 5 classes and we still struggled mightily this year with "lack of talent" AND "lack of coaching" as well as depth and injuries.

I don't know how bad this year's recruiting will be, I'm still hoping for top 10, (not a guarantee when all is said and done) but our rivals WILL win alot more battles against us this year, book it, and we will probably get stung by multiple "silents" last minute.

If Muschamp couldn't get depth and talent with consecutive, what, top 5 classes, then this will NOT be the year he is able to "make up" that difference......and it will hurt us.

Our rivals will say he lost the team, he lost the fanbase, and he's gone next year, and they're probably right. Not to mention historically putrid offense with Muschamp being the only constant.....
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    There was this thing called injures this year. Look at FSU's depth chart and how many people are contributors from their 2011 class. It takes time. Because of 2012 and 2013 class we will have depth next year. See how that works?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,390
    Well it's good that your not negative much becau........ wait NM. :(
  5. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +935
    Waiting for the new OC and O-line coach to get in before running off players on that side of the ball, would be nice.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,054
    It depends on if a major drop off between your 1st and 2nd players is acceptable. We have about 12 players left from our 2012 class and maybe 5 from our 2011. Well, more if you count Ralph Andrades, Bryan Cox, Alex McCallister. But do you expect them to come in and play big? Just asking.

I see only one DL, one OL, one S, one LB, one WR left from our 2012 class. So I'm having a hard time seeing the depth but I could be clueless.

Hopefully we keep recruiting full classes with players that will arrive on campus and develop, not leave. We cannot continue these cycles of class disintegration. To pretend it hasn't happened so far would be a home cooked pot of homerism. Relying on a 2013 class of RS FR is fine if you're talking depth but not if you expect to field an experienced team. We're two seasons out anyway.
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    No on Andrades I was against that offer. Cox and McCallister were 3 year project IMO. I expect the back up DL to be very good because of the 2013 class.

Look at the projected starters on defense next year all very experienced besides the 3rd CB.

It is mathematically impossible to have full classes every year if players dont leave.
  8. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Um yeah. We should have had depth this year and we should have a TON next year. Instead we were decimated this season and next year will have not much more than a bunch of redshirt freshmen as backups and in some cases starters. We're probably hovering around a 40% attrition rate for our 2011 and 2012 classes, which should be the upperclassmen for next year's team.

Unfathomable that in year 4 we will still be a midst a rebuilding project. Our roster management has been bungled so hard.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,390
    Well roberson hasn't left yet, same with Powell they may very well stay. Then you have fowler bullard and morrison on defense that are studs. Humphries, poole, maye, thompson, Matt jones, damien jacobs. And like you said McCallister and Cox and pittman started coming on a little near the end. That's 2012. 2013 there is a ton:
    Jarrad davis
    Daniel McMillin
    Alex anzalone
    Caleb Brantley
    Jaynard bostwick
    Joey ivie
    Antonio Riles
    Cam Dillard
    Octavius Jackson
    D. Robinson
    Ahmad fulwood
    Marquis hawkins
    Alvin Bailey
    Kelvin taylor
    Chris thompson
    VH3
    Adam lane
    Matt rolin
    Keanu neal
    Marcell Harris
    Jordan sherit
    bear cummings
    nick washington
    trenton brown
    Rod johnson
    Tyler moore.

This year we have quite a few solids plus we haven't had any of these guys decommit yet, just a bunch of speculation and knee jerk reactions to twitter posts. We have a a ton of talent returning. I may have forgot a few.

Smile DieAGator the future is bright @UF
  10. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,054
    Everyone's 2013 class looks like that at the moment. :) The point I was trying to make is since 2009 our classes two years later have been rubble. Maybe that's a thing of the past, which we won't know for another two years. But it certainly cannot continue. I think we all agree with that.
  11. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Yeah you cant claim much for the 2013 class, especially since a large portion of them redshirted. Who knows what we truly have there.
  12. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +136
    Didn't UF announce that our football scholarships were going to be for four years?

Yeah. Right. :(

Not surprising, and maybe it's necessary for a big time football program to "encourage" players to leave, but at least be straight up front with the kids when they're being recruited.

The harsh reality is that, for the players, football scholarships everywhere have always been, and are now, one year renewable arrangements ... at the school's option.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,390
    Well so far so good. Of those who played:
    Jarrad davis - gonna be a stud, played like one too.

Alex anzalone - looked good when he played before injury, our future at middle LB

Vh3- 1st team all sec, all I have to say

Ahmad fulwood - looks good, has height and came on good 2nd half of season

Trenton brown- big as hell and continued to improve with each game.

Bear cummings - did great at dt/nt this year.

Kelvin taylor- well he's kelvin taylor

The others that I remember had too little sample size for me to see.

So of those 7 members of 2013 class they all proved to be good players. And 7 of about 10 or so players from 13 class played will contribute for us as they already have and at that pace of the next 10 or so we would have another 7 or 8 good players.

I didn't count d-rob because of his discipline issues but if you count him thats 8.

I still believe the safeties will be good as well as brantley, bostwick, and riles. Our linebackers rolin and McMillan will be pretty solid as well.

So give it time because of the sample we have got of the 2013 class I'm extremely excited about and the potential is even better.
  14. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +923
    Wow Kent Taylor gone too. Now that's a bust if I ever saw one. Wasn't he the #1 TE that year?
  15. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,423
    We had room to take a chance on a guy with potential…all the while being being down scholarship players with the cupboard bare? Why the heck were we not signing guys we could count on? Are we that bad at recruiting that we have to take such chances that don't pan out?
  16. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,390
    Fwiw every class that signs 30+ players is going to reach on at least a couple recruits. Even the mighty Saban does.

It's probably safe to say no school will have every recruit in their class pan out. And certainly won't find 30 sec caliber starters based on HS stats, film and a couple in home visits, your bound to reach on a few as a few will inevitably be busts.

There is no science to recruiting, you win some you lose some. When dealing with 16 and 17 yr old kids what do you expect?
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    lets be honest you dont care what I say on this matter
  18. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Your best post yet!
  19. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,054
    Yeah, as far as I know he never gained weight. We have a habit of recruiting 215lb TEs it seems. :)
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I believe you since you read all of my post