OL line play today

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by BobK89, Aug 31, 2013.

1. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,022

I'm not kidding, he's tough though. When Brown hit a hole, you could hear the pads cracking as he got hit, and he carried some people with him sometimes too.

He's not a durable, every down back, but Brown is a good back-up for between the tackles runs.
  2. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,134
    We had two sacks on the game and Driskel was hardly every under duress, enabling him to go through his progressions and complete an unbelievably efficient 17 of 22 passes. Of the two sacks, one was a whiff by Humphries (who left shortly thereafter with a dinged knee) and another was a blitz pickup that I believe the back missed. That is hardly a bad outing in pass protection.

In the run game, we were popping nice games left and right save for the third quarter, which you can easily attribute to Brown getting winded. We had five different ball carriers average over seven yards a carry. The only ones who didn't were the guys taking snaps (Driskel and Burton) and Brown, who was at six yards per carry in the first half.

Those are both signs of solid offensive line play, even though the starting right guard and best offensive lineman was out and there were four new starters on the line today. It will get much, much better, in my opinion, as the line gels the next few weeks.
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    my general assessment: good line blocking. particularly in the 1st half. there were holes and the line got good push off the l.o.s. a few missed assignments. and I thought driskel ran right into defenders a few times. also, hey, credit a defender for getting off the block to make a play too. there were holes for the back - but they got filled by good play - to maintain those sorts of blocks you either have to hold or have a bama jersey on.