OL and pass blocking...

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    hopefully muschamp has plans to upgrade the oline in the next 2-3 years---uf needs a big, consistent oline that can pass block to run the system he wants.
  2. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +744
    I'm concerned about the run blocking, do not see many holes for our TBs...

If we can establish a solid running game then we have play action to at least slow the rush down, if all we do is get 3 yards a pop on 1st and 2nd down then its Katie bar the door...

Its going to be a long season if we can't generate at least a moderate running game...
  3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,977
    Every one of your posts is disparaging. Yep, ignore the fact that we've essentially had to change our combinations and practice rotations each week so far due to injuries and we only had one returning starter for the first two weeks. Go straight for the coach, even though we had massive improvement last year in the run phrase. Every single thread, every single post with some of you are little more than tirades against the coaches. This place has become intolerable.

After Driskel went down following the pick 6, we went on a 31-3 run over little more than two quarters despite two lost fumbles and a backup quarterback getting his first action with the ones against other ones. I would think that might be reason to praise the staff, or at least mute the criticism for a bit. 31-3, in two quarters. What do we get? Thread after thread, post after post from the same six or eight guys dedicating to belittling the staff and Driskel or baiting posters. It really is the minority, but they overwhelm these boards.
  4. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +239
    A good Oline would be nice. The downfall of the Noles the past decade, you can't fail at recruiting OL and expect to contend.
  5. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    if the posts are a "minority" how can they "overwhelm" the boards??
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,977
    Posters are the minority, not the posts.
  7. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +908
    Rserina is right in this respect, I actually have been overly negative this season, picking apart this and that. Don't mean to become glass half empty kind of person and will work on changing that. Go Gators....

There some areas of improvement to be made for sure but we are 2 and 1 and we have a great opportunity to reach all of our goals.
  8. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,977
    Best post you've made, "mr. expert."
  9. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604
    You sound like you need some time away, man. You can't enjoy the season trying to refute every negative comment that rubs you the wrong way.

I'm going to take a few weeks off myself. There really won't be much to break down with games against Kentucky and Arkansas. Expect two games that have a similar feel to the Tennessee game. It won't really get interesting up until the visit to Baton Rouge.

I honestly hope some of you can just enjoy the season.
  10. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Seems to me the offensive line is not where everyone would like it to be, but it is at least better than last year. Im kind of surprised there are no threads on our kicking game, which seems to have regressed significantly.