OK, you guys were right. I....give....up.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Nov 9, 2013.

1. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +190
    I am stunned that we got beat by Vandy by a score of 34-17. I've been a Gator Fan for 55 years, and never dreamed [or had a nightmare] that we would get trounced like this. :cry:

'63 Gator
  2. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +730
    This makes sense but there are other things - the defense can't stop anyone when they need to. The way the stupid mistakes keep coming - I don't mind a loss, but losing your team like this... I will say it here again... I believed Muschamp was a great choice. It just ain't going to work now. The best thing for us would be to cut our loses and start again. But if we don't, I'll support Will and still hope he can turn it around.
  3. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +633
    Never got onboard with people yelling Boom every time the guy took a dump...

To me it was Zook part two. Hiring a guy with no HC experience after seeing what that did and how hiring the best, gave us titles.

I hated the O, I hated the excuses, I hated the blame. Boring us to death during a win was bad enough, boring us while losing means time to go.

Hire the best and stop trying to find the next Billy Donovan...
  4. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +601
    I'm right there with you Tilly. There are numerous reasons to overlook some things this year with all the injuries. I just can't overlook today. Watching that game today made me sick. It's one thing to lose a game, it's another to play like we did today. I appreciate everything CWM has tried to do for this program but it is time to make a change.
  5. RepubliGator84

RepubliGator84 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +188
    I've been a fan of Muschamps as well but even my confidence is cracking. A new OC is the bare minimum we need to change by or after the end of the season.

Most of the names people throw out as replacements for Muschamp don't seem like realistic possibilities (but you never know) but I think we can all agree at least OC and some offensive staff have to be let go
  6. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +730
    Agree with the poster that implied Foley tries to pull a "Billy Donavan" with our coach search. The difference is Billy didn't have crushing expectations that anyone coaching football at UF will face - it gave him time to do it his way.

The problem? Urban Meyers and Nick Sabans are pretty rare. We're gonna have to take a chance on someone again. I've been through the last few and we are just not going to get a proven, big time coach to leave his current gig - but that won't keep everyone from insisting we should go get Bob Stoops.
  7. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +561
    I am as optimistic as any Gator fan and honestly, my opinion is not based on wins and losses. I haven't been able to watch today's game, but what I saw last week is that just like Zook, Muschamp seems to have "lost" this team. And what I mean by that is the players don't seem to believe in him anymore and don't seem to be inspired.

What was particularly evident to me was that it wasn't until the game got a little chippy and a few of the players started getting pissed off that they started playing hard and from that point, you could see that we had the raw talent to play with UGA.

It's was very much like how in Zooks last season, the players weren't inspired until Zook was fired and then they suddenly started playing hard for him.

I don't know that I want Muschamp fired yet. I haven't totally given up on him. But something needs to happen quickly with this team. I refuse to believe, no matter how many injuries we have, that Mizzou and Vandy have more talent than UF. And I refuse to accept that we allowed those 2 teams to push us around.
  8. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    There's always something to overcome. Muschamp just happened to be the first in 35 years to not manage a winning season.
  9. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +299
    I hate the way we consume our own. I know boom deserves to be replaced. As soon as the next coach is hired, we will have some with an agenda running the new guy down at every chance. I just don't like it.
    I gave boom in my mind every chance i could. i just don't see him turning this around.
    whoever we get as our coach, how about we all wait a season or two before we cut his nuts off?
  10. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205
    I for the first time in a long time didn't even watch the game. I felt too many on here were trying to talk down to anyone who thought regime change is needed. So instead of wasting my time on inept offensive coaching and play calling, I just went and helped a friend paint his house. The writing was on the wall after the Miami game. One of the worst coaching jobs ever at Florida. But what do I know. Tilly I guess if we lose out, the fan base leaves there will be nothing else Foley can do. This is his doing. Even during the 0-10-1 season, there was hope. This year before any injuries we were stuck in a mindless offense. We will struggle after this regime and i am sad. I have already said, now is the time for change and anything else is going to put Florida in a football funk for a long time. I can't believe how far we have fallen Tilly I admire your spunk for hanging in there with loyalty a motive. We can only hope this won't take long. No QB, no RB, no WR will get us moving with this coaching staff. Let Muschamp go to Ga. where they don't like their DC, it is where he belongs. We need an offensive coach who can delegate to both the offense and defense. I was hoping the kids would play their hearts out for Will, but they probably know after being yell at time and time again, they could do better. Hope it is quick........
    tick tick tick tick
  11. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +903
    I have never been sold on Muschamp but have always thought he would get, and should get, four years. Even up until last week I thought he'd get a fourth year but with a change in offensive coaches.

Now I'm not so sure.

He has had very real and impactful events occur that are out of his control. That being said, I completely understand anyone wanting him gone and do as well to some extent. But, in no way do I think we should fire him without reaching an agreement with another coach ahead of time. The worst case scenario would be to make a change and do this all over again in four years.

Line up a Briles, Sumlin, Petersen, etc. If Foley ends up flying all over the country again we'll be in a lot of trouble. ..
  12. insuragator

insuragator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +467
    I just got back from that cluster f. Muschamp must go. NOW I hope it happens before tomorrows' showl
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ETGator

ETGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Yep . . . it hasn't been an easy last few weeks for any Gator fan. Those of us who came to this same decision earliest, mid-term, or today -- or those who still argue for giving Coach Muschamp another year.

I think today made it plain, and unarguable, that there are far worse problems with this team than all the terrible injuries.

I've said all year that Alabama has stolen our swagger and I want it back!

14. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,943
    I agree with this. Missed today's game due to travels, but followed on my mobile. Our first scoring drive was 7:00 and 85 yards . . . resulting in a FG when we were down 17 and desperately needed a TD. This was indicative of the season's offensive downfalls.

I haven't been for replacing Muschamp until this afternoon and wish now that Foley would act before midnight. The "apology accepted post," though, was just crap. We all have a different threshold and Tilly doesn't owe an apology to ANYBODY. Just so happens that today's results crossed that threshold for some of us. IMO we can't afford to give '14 to a lame duck coach to see if he can right the ship. That ship sailed today. Time to find a new captain.
  15. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +668
    Too much yelling and staring at officials. Not enough yelling and staring at our players and coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  16. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +903
    Agreed. The "apology accepted" post was an example of true douchebagery.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +668
    Worse, we had first and goal from the ONE YARD LINE, and wound up losing 5 yards. Piss poor.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,553
    Lol... Tilly snaps back to reality...
  19. tommyvee

tommyvee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,235
    Good points. I definitely see the lack of discipline and the coaches losing this team. I'm of the opinion that we are past the point of no return. Time to move on with another coach. Need to get someone that can lead.
  20. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    If Foley doesn't fire Muschamp tomorrow he needs to fire Pease. Even if only to try to make it look like he doesn't think it's all Muschamp's fault. That would give Muschamp a little bit of breathing room as he can tell himself that Foley doesn't believe it's his fault.

Canning Pease and letting Joker take over is the ONLY hope that the offense might get a little spark so that we might be able to pull a major upset before the year ends. If he makes no change then there is no chance of any upsets.

If Foley's not willing to do that. If he cares more about not admitting he made a big mistake than he is about correcting that mistake, then he should just forfeit the last 3 games now and spare any more heartache this season (only kidding about the forfets).