Ok, who do you want gone, and who do you want here?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 95Gator, Nov 9, 2013.

1. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,050
    I get you--and agree, joshing or not. My point was only aimed at the comment someone said about Fisher. Urban--and I am NOT an Urban fan at all--at least showed success at various programs, with a varying cast of players--not just Tebow/Harvin. Take away either or both of those, and it would have stacked the odds against us somewhat, but those two surely made a difference. We still could have had a lot of success because of the staff being more competent than most. Chizik on the other hand, was NOT going to win his BCS without Cam. The entire staff and their abilities were not going to make up for what not having Cam would have meant. No way IMO. Cam was THE man who won it for Auburn.

This year, even getting close to the BCS at FSU is not necessarily due to Fisher but much, much more due to Winston playing like a man obsessed. Take him out of the equation and Fisher wouldn't be looking quite so good---again, IMO. While Fisher may have what it takes to be successful, this year is not the year to measure that by completely.

Just thinking those who may be propping up Fisher a little high at the moment is a bit premature. Even when Winston is gone, I honestly feel Fisher will do better than Chizik did as was evidenced by their slide out of relevancy immediately afterwards. Remains to be seen, but Chizik was indeed a fluke and he had little to do with that championship year.
  2. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +980
    Meyer, was by far, the most sought after coach during the 2004 season.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we need to get a rock star.

However, we have to bring in an experienced and proven winner in major collegefootball.
  3. sevmonster

sevmonster Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +168
    New OC now. If he's fires at WVU, I wnat Dana Holgorsen.
  4. tommyvee

tommyvee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,308
    I think Fisher has recruited very well the past few years and we are seeing the results of that. Of course, having a superstar QB doesn't hurt, but they are dominating on both sides of the ball right now.

Fisher deserves quite a bit of credit for that. Of course, he still needs to win an NC to be compared to Chizik. :)
  5. vorpal

vorpal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    His short list better be ready.... if not, next year you'll be able to throw hand grenades in that stadium and not hurt a soul.
  6. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,958
    He makes 2.3 mill currently at WVU. I suppose if he was fired he might be willing to take a cut to be an OC but more likely I would see him taking on an HC position at a smaller school for more money than we would give him.

Also, I think it wouldn't be the best OC hire.