OK, We've had your worst UF scores, How about your favorite scores?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by nolagator, Jun 19, 2014.

1. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,023
    My favorite scores, for me personally:

2008 UGA v UF - 49-10 - after a whole year of ridiculous woofing from UGA fans, and after all the national title hopes all offseason after that fricken "dance" it was just glorious to talk trash afterwords.

2008 OU v UF - 24-14 - back when i still posted on the ESPN message boards, hearing OU fans talk about how they were going to hang 50-60 on UF easy. Oh god, it was so sweet afterwords.

2006 OSU v UF - 41-14 - Just makes you feel good all over. I don't even remember a lot of trash talk from OSU really, we just never really had a prayer and most of them felt bad for us that I talked to.

2005 UT v UF - 16-7 - UF hadn't beaten UT in 2 years, and it was the first big early season game UF had won in a while.
    2006 UT v UF - 21-20 - I was so stressed out this whole game. I hate losing to UT, and to watch UF steal it, when UT thought they were the best team in the conference that year, was amazing.
    2007 UT v UF - 59-20 - UT was pretty confident they were going to control Tebow... yeah... no.
    2012 UT v UF - 37-20 - They really thought they had us in 2012. I admit, I did too.

There are a TON in the 90's, but what probably stands out other than some of the obvious ones:

AU vs Florida 95 and 96 - 49-38, 51-10 - after some heartbreaking losses, it felt really good to beat them.

1999 UT vs UF - 23-21 - defense stopped them on 4th down - we all chanted SEC SEC SEC :)
  2. dkgator

dkgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    27-0 baby!!!
    Not the most significant in Gator history, but definitely my all-time favorite.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. RepubliGator84

RepubliGator84 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +188
    52-20 is easy answer, but next UGA win score will likely be my favorite!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. og8trz

og8trz VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    How about UF144-0 over Fla. Southern College!
  5. VanNoord

VanNoord Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +159
    27-0. After all that pain over six seasons. Watching Georgia make its way to the goal line, and that horrid feeling the nightmare was starting all over again. The heroic goal line stand. And then the pass to the Rocket.

We helped carry the goal post out of the stadium with the frat boys. Man, that was a day for the ages.
  6. allanhovey

allanhovey Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +181
    Agree with all those listed ... great picks.

But one for the old timers 1960, my freshman year

Florida 18 Georgia Tech 17
  7. CockyInSeattle

CockyInSeattle Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +233
    As an opposing fan, I suppose I should post the most painful score for me personally. 2001 SC vs UF, Lou Holtz as coach, the infamous Blackout. SC jumped to an early lead. Then Spurrier hung half a hundred on us. Rex Grossman was on fire, and later said the all black made it easier to see the ball.

54-17

Ouch.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. allhailmeyer

allhailmeyer Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +602
    Funny you mention 73-7, I always say that was one of the most fun games I have ever attended.

I went to 2 MNCs and just about every SEC Championship and the other big games which were awesome, but a different kind of thrill.

The KY games you knew it was going to be a beating, it was just up to the 3rd string to decide by how much.
  9. G8R8U2

G8R8U2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    52-20; as others said there simply isn't anything better than stomping your arch-rival on the biggest stage for the biggest reward.

32-29 10 months later wasn't too bad, either, because knocking your rival out of the very next NC game is 2nd only to beating them for the previous one.

Having lived in Georgia from age 7-17, the home-n-home scores with UGA are a very big deal too, for obvious reasons.
  10. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    1. 52-20 vs. Florida State- For obvious reasons.

2. 41-14 vs. Ohio State- Florida's announcement that it is back at the elite level, and also started the talks about the SEC being the dominant conference in football. I thought I would never see a team get so disrespected about its chances of competing in the game, and then came 2008.

3. 24-14 vs. Oklahoma- I mean after hearing the experts say we wouldn't be able to stay on the field with Oklahoma's historic offense. Then after we held them to 7 points at halftime, to then listen to the experts say that Oklahoma was going to run over us in the 2nd half. All of that made this win even more special.

4. 31-20 vs. Alabama- For us to beat a tough Alabama team without Harvin was great. It put to rest all of the critics about Tebow's ability to win close games.

5. 49-10 vs. Georgia-After that stunt Richt pulled in the game in 2007, I loved that we destroyed them in the revenge game, and then rubbed it in their faces with the timeouts.

6. 51-21 vs. LSU- Being in Baton Rouge, you don't know how much I loved throwing this in my family's and all of my friends' faces. They were talking so much trash leading up to the game, and then Tebow to Harvin on a tipped pass happens. lol
  11. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +377
    Two of my all time favorites:

14-9
    18-17
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. eViLG

eViLG Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +274
    Texas 37 Nebraska 27, followed by Ohio State 20 Arizona State 17.

Without those two scores there is no 52-20.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,079
    My favorite year,
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,166

I still remember Mick Hubert on the replays of the game shouting Reidel Anthony! Reidel Anthony! when he caught that bomb from Terry Dean in the first half. Wow, that game got really ugly fast, but it was fun.

Everyone remember when UK's QB Pookie Jones was their starter? That poor kid caught utter hell from the Gator fans in Gainesville when he came to play there. LOL Pooooookie!
  15. eViLG

eViLG Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +274
    I remember going up 28-6 against UK in 1991, thinking we had that elusive "official" SEC title all wrapped up, then Pookie went to town, UK scored 20 straight points, and the pucker factor increased significantly in the stadium.

We scored a TD to go up 35-26, then ran out the clock....whew....

UF was the last football SEC champion to win it on their home field.
  16. antny

antny Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +358
    14--9 isn't getting enough mention. That was an amazingly brutal game played in front of what was truly a rabid fanbase. One of my all time favorites
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +584
    For me, 41-14 was better than 52-20 because for some reason I knew we were going to beat FSU the second time. 41-14 was so huge from me because I foolishly bought into the OSU hype machine! :D
  18. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +675
    Zzzzzz.

I left that game early in the second quarter to hit kamikaze halftime at the Purple Porpoise.
  19. TheRaid

TheRaid VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +762
    Once upon a time, I could remember scores from most games. Then 52-20 happened and none of the other scores are as memorable.