Official Zimmerman Verdict watch thread

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,780
    Lulz... just read Multi-Tool. He was very certain that Nelson would have no choice but to instruct on the 3rd degree felony murder based on child abuse. He really is a crackerjack legal expert.
  2. gator0254

gator0254 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Wikipedia
    Florida 10, 20 Life

The law specifies exactly what categories of crimes fall under it, it mandates that offenders be sentenced to the law's maximum allowable extent for the committed felony, and that the mandatory sentences must be completed consecutively to any additional sentence an offender must serve.[2][6]

The law's name comes from three main mandatory sentences: 1) producing a firearm during the commission of certain felonies mandates at least a 10-year prison sentence; 2) firing one mandates at least a 20-year prison sentence; and 3) shooting someone mandates a minimum sentence of 25 years to life regardless of whether a victim is killed or simply injured. The maximum penalty is a life sentence unless the defendant is charged with felony murder or first degree murder in which case the maximum is the death penalty.[2][6]
  3. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Regardless of the verdict in this case it has become instructive in the politics of race in this country. Lives have been ruined and careers damaged and even ended by the political and racial agendas of people who could not care less about Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman. From the racial rabble rousers to a governor who bypassed a sitting grand jury to a politically/racially appointed prosecutor who replaced a sitting State's Attorney to the president of the United States, the politics of race were pitifully evident.
    Many on this board have been taken in by a cleverly conceived public relations campaign which injected race into what should have been a straightforward murder trial. The media played you for useful fools by publishing photos of a child juxtaposed against an ominous looking photo of George Zimmerman. Neither photo was based in reality. Then this same media created a narrative of this child being hunted down and killed like an animal. It was false but you bought the narrative because it spoke to your worst prejudices and preconceived ideas about racism. You were had. You were turned into tools by a cynical and manipulative media. They pushed your buttons and you responded predictably by convicting a man before his trial. You denied him the very thing you would demand for yourself in similar circumstances. You refused to allow George Zimmerman the presumption of innocence.
    The facts of the case indicate that George Zimmerman acted in self defense. Yet he may spend the rest of his life in prison in part because of the toxic racial atmosphere created by race hustlers and self serving politicians. If you helped to create this circus then you were part of it.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,372
    I like what O'Mara said about BDLR, the prosecutor, and the case. He said BDLR was used to trying cherry-picked cases with overwhelming evidence against young public defenders (has a voyeuristic connotation to it, does it not?), where the "usual" way the State proceeds, especially in discovery matters, is almost always not scrutinized closely.

In other words - my words - amateurish, incredulous, over the top flamboyance works in those kinds of cherry picked cases.

Here, they had to substitute the lack of overwhelming evidence, or really much evidence of the charge at all, with a patronizing, inflammatory, emotion appeal to facts that had little if any, relevance to proving the charge.

I am experienced enough to be embarrassed for what the State presented and called a trial. Enlightened citizens should be as well.
  5. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,780
    Hopefully Trial Ad professors will be teaching students to "dial back the de le Rionda".
  6. Lawdog88

Ratings Received:
    +2,372

Clicking through Nan DisGrace last night, or the night before, just to see GZ's friend take her on and not be intimidated by her schtick (the first guy ever to do so, to my knowledge), in a fleeting moment of truthful disclosure, even she admitted the State was totally smarmy and disingenuous for trying to get the F3 / child abuse instruction in.

I have never, ever heard her say anything smarmy about whatever prosecutors want to do.
  7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,922
    gee, sounds like our last election....or maybe all elections for that matter
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lawdog88

Ratings Received:
    +2,372
    So . . . how many jury questions and / or requests for witness testimony transcripts (don't exist) or read-back before the verdict ?

Any ?
  9. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    Jury has a question.......
  10. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,780
    Gonna say none, actually. I am still half expecting this to be done before tonight. I wonder if they are going to climb on each other like Guy suggested only to come up with a couple of ways they can get at the gun. Heh.

Of course I make that prediction when a question comes in, lol.
  11. wargunfan

Ratings Received:
    +189
    I have difficulty watching the false and scripted narrative that this woman serves up to her devoted fans. I get a picture of peasants holding flaming torches and shouting "Crucify! Crucify!" In fact, thirty seconds is about all I can manage before her distortions force a channel change. Cudos to you for managing to refrain from throwing up for more than a minute. :sick:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,780
    Jury wants to know if there is an inventory list of the evidence. Kinda useless in terms of its predictive value.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    Jurors are asking for an inventory list of evidence by number & description
  14. wargunfan

Ratings Received:
    +189
    I sorta thought we would have a quick verdict by now. I really hope we don't wind up with a hung jury. That would be awful for GZ ....but better than a guilty verdict.
  15. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,358
    I keep hearing about Zimmerman having hate in his heart. What evidence was presented to show that? Also a lot of comment about Zimmerman lying, what speciic lies are we talking about?
  16. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    This request bodes well for the prosecution.
  17. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    I think so, too
  18. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +887
    Anyone who presented evidence of GZ's innocence is a liar, didn't you get Chomp's memo?
  19. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,780
    I don't think it means much at all. It's the prosecution who has been asking for supposition after supposition and playing to emotion. Neither of which are things that are aided by additional scrutiny of the evidence, IMO.
  20. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +887
    I regards to my own question about how long they'll be in deliberation: I think that they're going to be in there a long time regardless of their decision. They all know that whatever happens they'll be under heavy scrutiny.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.