Official LAX ALC Champ Game (UF vs. Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by kkg8r, May 5, 2013.

1. allanhovey

allanhovey Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +226
    I don't know enough about Lax to be taken seriously bitching about officiating. But,
    27 fouls (NW14) 4 yellow cards(0 NW), LOTS of NW free position shots.

Just sayin'

:taz:
  2. skz868992

skz868992 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +308
    Not a choke or terrible coaching. NW is an elite program who has elite talent. They played a practically flawless game and didn't let UF get the fast break going.

I hope UF works hard on countering the slow down game because that is what they will see going forward. Patience is the key, but it is hard to slow down and easy to get frustrated when your game is run and gun. Of course, winning draws allows you to dictate the pace.

The stall is probably the biggest reason I cannot really get into the womens game. The old school coaches and administrators hate any idea of looking like the mens game and avoid it at all costs. I wish I was wrong, but I don't see a shot clock or any stalling rules in the near future.
  3. Bear1974

Bear1974 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +524
    Choke is a harsh word but I'm not quite sure what one would call today's result.

You can't control refs or how maybe the other team plays out of their mind on a given day but consider the context of this game going into today I think most casual observers expected to see something different today in terms of effort and playing to your potential.

You just beat down this team several weeks ago scoring 50 billion points and limiting this particular team to a hand full of goals.

You have a ton of seniors for this particular team for this particular sport that is highly ranked.

Regroup and move forward - but this game better be a eye opener to the type of effort needed to get beyond what they did last year.

You have the perfect opportunity to do something unique this year. Learn from today and take advantage of what you have in the coming weeks.
  4. warhorsegator

warhorsegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204
    My experience after 12+ years on these Gator sites is that it is mostly guys who never strapped on a jockstrap that label a performance as a choke.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    Choke city?

Grab a clue... Northwestern is one of the best programs in the country and losing to them is not a choke.

Some posts on these boards are absolutely unbelievable. Especially when our clueless fans throw the choke word around.
  6. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    likely to play them again.
    need to work on our draws vs them.
    we dominated them in the first game - we were hyper motivated for that one. obviously they came to play today and had the strategy, will, and performance to dominate this one.
    might be okay to drop this one for a conf. tourney title - to give us a chance to re-focus for the ncaa's.
  7. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,389
    How come we never lose to a better team on any given day, it's always a choke or the officiating?seems to be par for this board no matter the sport.
  8. srqgtr

srqgtr Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +585
    Adversity on the field is not what was responsible for the horrible draw percentage.
  9. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    when is the next game for gator lax??
  10. gatortom33

gatortom33 Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    I hate the draw..it would be better for the game to just award the ball to the team that gave up the goal at midfield like in soccer..
  11. DarthGatorOne

DarthGatorOne VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +147
    PD: "Choke city".

PD, you should know better than to post crap like this. I am thoroughly disgusted with Gator fans who label losses as "chokes", and I thought better of you.
  12. PD

PD VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,138
    For those of you who have not seen the threads, this site has been under attack the last couple weeks for its alleged "lack of coverage" of the ladies' sports (despite having more coverage than any other site, and having stories up often before the official UF Gatorzone site does).

I made that "choke city" reply for a specific purpose: to demonstrate to those so critical in their complaints that if you want the women's sports to be covered equally, then you better be prepared to have them held to the same exacting standards and cold hard criticism as the football team and basketball team.

If you take my post about the lacrosse team's choke job word-for-word except you replace "lacrosse" team with "football" team, it would rate as undoubtedly one of the most kind and positive posts EVER to follow a loss in the SEC football title game or SEC basketball tournament championship game. And among the rare few that are positive, many would be mine.

Had these handful of folks not taken up a not-so-minor attack on GC for the past two weeks - I would never have dreamed of calling the women's lacrosse team chokers. In fact, I waste dozens of hours a year defending the football, basketball and baseball teams (and the women's sports and minor men's sports) against the very same sort of commentary following every loss or even every win that is not by enough points to satisfy some people. In fact I defended the softball team against the same kind of "choke city" responses from some fans the last two years.

I don't notice any of the complainers on this thread or the one on GCI, so my effort to spark that discourse fell on empty chairs....which only validates the point I was making the last week about the non-revenue sports attracting far fewer fans - heck the complainers themselves didn't even participate in the championship game threads.

Sorry to upset those of you who took offense. It was not my intent. However, since none of the people who have been shouting the last couple of weeks about all the interest in women's sports...had enough interest themselves to even follow this subject's threads on multiple forums...my intent was rendered moot.

One of the respondents to this thread has indicated that my reasons for the post do not justify the content. While I disagree, I respect his position and I think his points are valid. There would be a lot more clarity I think if I did not have to constantly defend the best football program in the country, the best athletics department in the country (when you exclude silly things such as badminton, jarts and gnip-gnop), and the best fan site on the internet. But, as Dr Ian Malcolm would say, well, there it is.
  13. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    you don't recognize them?? i recognize almost every one of them as 'regulars'....

that seemed like quite the convoluted wiggle, PD. and you're only participation in all this was the 'choke job' post too in the thread. post more - but less of the choke assessments.
  14. GatorJeff

GatorJeff Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    ,.....or alternating possessions. That's the best thing that ever happened to college basketball.
  15. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,104
    Who is this PD guy? Coming over to our spring sports board and attacking our teams:laugh:
  16. PD

PD VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,138
    I don't participate on the free boards. I only did here because the complainers were directed here as the proper forum.
  17. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,835
    Gatorgal04 has done an excellent job of posting LadyGator sports events on here. She certainly deserves recognition in her work for doing so. Just take a look on this Forum. Unfortunately the complainers choose to ignore what she has done.

And I don't want to overlook that GatorRN, and others, have also made contributions on here for LadyGator sports and events. And don't want to overlook the fact that kkg8r took the time to post this thread.

Go Gators!
  18. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,099
    That's a dirty side effect of a popular money-driven sport, not something that would ever be sought out. One of the beauties of the non-revenue sports is that the whole thing is more people-friendly all around. You don't get as much of the us vs. them type stuff that you frequently have with football and "the fans and media." And it all feels much less business like (although don't tell the players that, they work just as hard at practice and in training).

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  19. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +905
    That's about the most F.O.S. post I've read in my life.
  20. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +55
    F.O.S. ????