OFFICIAL: George Zimmerman Trial Thread Week 3

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by DaveFla, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    I never saw/heard it introduced, and I thought I remember hearing an analyst say the actual skittles bag was lost, so they had to go with a replacment (as demonstrative aid).

But that's why I caveated with 'right?'--wasn't really sure.
  2. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,781
    Well, DLR "slammed down" a bag of skittles at one point during his closing, so I assume it was the bagged, actual candy, not one he brought in off the street. *shrug*.

Point is... mmm skittles.
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,125
    Easy... when you have a judge who has obviously been influenced by the LMSM's year-long anti-Zimmerman propaganda campaign. No doubt in my mind her mind has been made up a long, long time before this trial began.

And then you have the always nearby hovering fear card of racial riots, violence, and possible retaliation against the jurors if they find Zimmerman innocent.
  4. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    What law? The Stand Your Ground law? Again I'm no criminal lawyer but I'm not even sure that law is necessarily applicable in this case, now that we've heard all the evidence. It's just a straight-up, traditional, self-defense defense in my opinion.
  5. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    Prediction: BDLR will go into private practice as a defense attorney, before the end of this year. ;)
  6. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    The self-defense law.
  7. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    Maybe he's trying to do the virtual equivalent of the kids leading ET home, by laeading the jury to a guilty verdict, with the skittles.

:grin:
  8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,125
    And this judge (if GZ is convicted of something), will end up with a nice, cushy new job way higher up in the judicial system in the next couple of years. I don't believe for a moment Eric Holder's corrupted tentacles haven't been on this judge in some way.
  9. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    ...or maybe a legal analyst on MSNBC, decrying all the injustice by The Man to the Trayvon Martins of the world. Never mind that to a thousand other young Trayvons probably put away by him, HE IS "The Man".
  10. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    Common sense:
    You already called the police, you know they are arriving any minute.
    How confident would you be with 1 shot in the dark that you will kill the other person before the police get there?
  11. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +925
    If Zimm walks don't be surprised if the MSM does it's best to try and ruin his life like they have tried so far. I am no fan of this young man but I still think if Martin just told him who he was and what he was doing he will still be alive.
  12. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    :huh: What troubles you about the self-defense law?
  13. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,781
    Our self-defense statute in Florida is pretty awesome. Very glad there is no duty to retreat in Florida.
  14. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    I think Rachel Jeantel was eating skittles on the stand in between West's questions. Did Nelson sit there and let her eat the evidence?
  15. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,358
    Is syg a separate law or just self defense?
  16. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    I don't agree that the one who starts the altercation can then claim fear of bodily harm or death without injury when the other party responds to the initial threat. The duty to retreat probably saved a lot of lives.

Imo, if one starts a fight, they should be ready to have their ass handed to them rather than shoot the party they aggressed against....it's not right that sort of thing is legal.
  17. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,513
    It's a double edged sword IMO... it's an invitation to murder when there are no witnesses... or just your witnesses.
  18. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,781
    An initial aggressor does have a duty to retreat. Reasonable means, though -- and if one is pinned down by a combatant, they have satisfied the retreat duty. The common law duty was to retreat "to the wall" -- the "wall" can be horizontal sidewalk.

I hate to tell you, I know of no self-defense statute in which initial aggression completely waives subsequent right of self-defense.

A starts a fight with B, B can use reasonable force to defend himself. If B escalates a non-deadly altercation into a deadly one (i.e. exceeds their writ, uses unreasonable force), A can again claim self-defense. That's pretty much everywhere.

So, let's apply it on the assumption Zimmerman is the initial aggressor, throws the proverbial first punch. Martin has no duty to retreat and can use reasonable force to defend himself. Martin escalates it into a deadly altercation by "ground and pound" and putting Zimmerman in fear of death or serious bodily harm. Zimmerman, the initial aggressor, does have a duty to reasonable retreat, and, being pinned down, has met it. So he now has the right of self-defense back again.
  19. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    Excellent point. Perhaps another ass kissn, sicophantic nancy grace talk'n head....

"....let's unlaaayyyyshe the lawh'yurs..."

"...Bernie, h'wut do you thank aobut this heeee'r cay'uhs?"

BLDR: "...DUDE'S F'N GUILTY AS HELL!!!!! YOU JUST KNOW HE IS!!! F. THE EVIDENCE!!!! USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!!! "

NG: "...that's eggggsactlee h'raught" "... whut do 'hyou thank, Ray Jee-YOU-duhchay?"

Ray: "...well, Nancy, it's not always..."

NG: [rudley cutting him off]: "...man, STFU to stupid worthless ass....if I wanted your opion, I'd a just farted....y'all defense attorneys are all teh same..."

ME, to my wife: "...$@#$@% that rude-ass @$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# ... how do you watch this sh*t?"

Wife to me: "... @$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# $@#$@% $##%#@$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# $@#$@% @$##%#@$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# $@#$@% @$##%# $@#$@% rude ass @$##%#

...hope you like that couch your sittin on, 'cause it's your bed tonight..."

Me: :shhh:
    ______________________________________ [end shtick].

Yeah, I can see that happening.
  20. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,358
    I would think that there has to be physical evidence that your life was threatened before you kill someone and not found guilty of murder.
    In this case there was physical evidence of harm and regardless of claims that Zimmerman started it, there was no evidence to back it up.
    Unfortunately, in todays society fact means absolutely nothing, we are now controlled by our emotions and it seems as if nothing else matters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.