OFFICIAL: George Zimmerman Trial Thread Week 2

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by DaveFla, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,557

On body positions: M.E.'s tell you that as long as you can position the decedent's body in line with the shooter, in a way that is consistent with the bullet path (and obviously, with the barrel of the firearm), that they could be standing, squatting, one pinning the other, etc., etc., etc.

In other words, the bodies can be contorted in any infinite number of ways to accommodate the path of the bullet.

Here, the M.E. said, straight. The bullet and particles then penetrated the heart and lungs from a front to back direction of travel, and did not exit the body. So the travel was very short, not through and through, was just "straight in," and did not deflect.

This could mean they were standing and GZ fired directly into his chest . . . but there is no evidence to corroborate that theory, and in fact, eyewitness testimony is TM on top, GZ on bottom, "MMA throwing down," screams for help, and a shot. There is no evidence that they stopped struggling and / or got out of that superior/inferior position before the shot.

I do not know if GZ's jacket was examined for high velocity spatter, but would not be surprised if it had and some was found. That would still be consistent with the bodily positioning identified by the witness(es) and GZ.
  2. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +534
    I do not recall this, what are you referring to here?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  3. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,415
    It's mentioned in this article: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-18/George-Zimmerman-Trayvon-Martin-police-documents/55061830/1

In initial interviews with investigators Zimmerman's dad, Robert, insisted to Det. Serino that the voice was George Zimmerman's, while the police reports reflect that Tracy Martin (Trayvon's dad) told police that the voice heard screaming for help in the 911 call was not Trayvon's.
  4. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    I believe that in fact he did feel a lot of political pressure to do what he could to bring charges against Zimmerman. The police chief had to resign I think, another travesty in this fiasco. The pressure form the press, and the potus were real. I would suspect that Jesse and Al, probably told him that unless he did something, there would be consequences. Can't prove it, but I would certainly believe it.
  5. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +793
    The prosecution team are freakin' idiots, if I were the "white-hispanic's" attorney, I wouldn't even put him on the stand.
  6. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,049
    at this moment the prosecution is doing a great job of making the defenses case- about the only thing that can even come close to salvaging this case is if the forensic evidence says something different than what Z said, if that does not happen when the prosecution rests I am willing to bet the defense rests also and it goes to the jury- at this moment I think the judge could issue a directed summary of acquittal - doubt she will since this is such a racial hot button- but damn we have wasted a ton of money on the basis of race
  7. gatordpm

gatordpm Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    I heard Judge Alex on O'Reilly last night say that if the jury does convict him on the manslaughter charge that it could be just as bad for Zimmerman. According to him, in the State of Florida you could get 30 years on a manslaughter charge when a gun is used against a minor. This may have been the prosecution's strategy all along.
  8. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,033
    I wouldn't be so hard on the prosecution. Do you really think another team could polish this turd any shinier?
  9. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    It seems like during his term as gov, Scott has done what he deemed best for Florida without considering the political consequences to himself, but maybe you're right. But then again, that's my perception -- after I moved, I haven't followed state politics as closely as I once did. Barry coming out and saying if he had a son, son would look like Trayvon might have put too much pressure on him.

Also, seems like Scott could have named a better "hired gun" than Corey. Why did he name her as special prosecutor? Why isn't Corey prosecuting the case instead of assigning it to Bernie de la Rionda? She's a glory hog and seems like she would have wanted the spotlight.
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,762
    she probably looked at the evidence and decided that she didn't want the loss on her record
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,155
  12. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,723
    So the lead detective is up there today testifying that Zimmerman didn't change his story and that he subjectively *believes* his story.

Would it be tacky to try to interrupt the state's case with a motion for directed verdict of acquittal?
  13. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +306
    GZ is being exposed for the lying, kid killing scum that he is.
  14. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +1,723
    How precisely does a detective saying that Zimmerman didn't change his story and that he believes that story, accomplish that?
  15. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +306
    Right off the bat, how do you explain that GZ was scared when he said TM circled around his car. Here GZ is in a SUV with a gun and he said he was scared. Than he gets out of his car while "being scared because he has to look for the street cause he didn't know what it was. He is a pathetic liar.
  16. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +306
    Then GZ said TM told him "your going to die tonight." Then GZ shoots the kid and said the kid sat up and said "you got me." He's a POS lying kid killer...a racist Barney Fife type.
  17. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +232

A better question is why do you feed the troll?
  18. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +1,723
    Which element of 2nd degree murder, or manslaughter, or any other homicide crime does that prove beyond a reasonable doubt?
  19. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +1,723
    I can tell at this point chomp has no interest whatsoever in the evidence of the testimony. This is just a bedtime story or some contained narrative that unfolds just he one way that Al Sharpton or Frederica told it when we were young, and anybody that says different... just tune them out.
  20. dogzilla

dogzilla Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Chompalot had no interest in the evidence from Day 1 and it was clear in his posts in the thread from a year ago that is now gone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.