OFFICIAL: George Zimmerman Trial Thread Week 1

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by DaveFla, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,031
    I wasn't saying GZ had no right to get out of the car.

I was pointing out that the motion LD highlighted, claimed there was no evidence that GZ left his car, and wanted to suppress any mention of him leaving the car (if I read the motion correctly).

That motion seems contradictory to GZ's own statements. And in fact there would not have been an altercation (as described by GZ), if GZ had stayed in his car, as this motion appears to be claiming.
  2. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,106
    I never said there was. I simply suggested a possibility that you seem to overlook in saying it was self defense, "cased closed". It was your comment that was in poor taste.
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,654
    Amen. That's called self defense, no need for SYG.
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +969
    I see what you're saying, but I understand the comment to read that this (in entirety) is not supported by evidence:

If there was no *dispatcher telling him not to do something*, then the statement is false. I don't think anybody is disputing the getting out of the car part. The dispatcher acknowledged that he was not issuing any commands.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  5. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    This is really a pretty simple case it seems to me base upon the evidence as we know it. Zimmerman killed someone who was attempting to inflict upon him great bodily harm/kill him. He has that right, thankfully in this state to do so. Unfortunately, outside political influences have sought to make this case a racial issue, and put as much public pressure as possible to convict someone that shouldn't even be on trial.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,031
    Ok. Understood.
  7. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,029

Because I do not understand the entirety of the facts, it may be that the Motion was describing a situation where GZ was already out of his car, when the dispatcher made the comment.

But again, I do not know the facts, only what people are saying about them. I did read GZ's sworn affidavit to the police, however, and he states that there are periods when he is both in and out of his car during the incident as it unfolds, all the while on the phone with the 911 operator.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +704
    I said it look like self defense based on the injuries sustained and ballistics. You make your off the wall comment and you say that my comment is in poor taste? You are assuming that Zimmerman picked a fight with Martin based on what? Go back an actually read what I originally posted, don't cherry pick out of my comment and spin it.
  9. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +727
    Law, knowing your criminal law background I will defer to you as to the Pre trial motions. I have not been paying close attention to the trial.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  10. neisgator

neisgator Belligerent Gator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    They really are a pitiful bunch.
  11. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,654
    You'll have to find their post and show it to them, but they'll just make-up some other excuse about it and deflect.
  12. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    I tried to do that, but the thread from a year ago has been pruned. I just thought that they'd man-up and be honest.

BTW, where is Chomp? Did he get the boot?
  13. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,654
    I wouldn't doubt that he's on an unscheduled vacation. :grin:
  14. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +885
    For clarification, I didn't claim he was stalking Martin nor demanded to stop following him. I probably didn't say it well but what was telling for me was Zimmerman's ignoring the "suggestion" of the 911 operator. It told me that Zimmerman had an issue with authority. Zimmerman had made disparaging comments publically within the last year or so before this incident against the SPD regarding their capability to deal with crime. Most people call 911 for help, advice and to dispatch police when they find themselves in a difficult situation. The tendency is to follow the 911 operator's instructions....a "suggestion" will be a helpful instruction to most rather than ignore it like Zimmerman did.
  15. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979
    The 911 dispatcher holds no authority with which Zimmerman could have had a problem with.

Simply put, it was one citizen recommending that another citizen not do something.
  16. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979
    And, it is important to point out that it was via the non-emergency line, not 911.
  17. Shade45

Shade45 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +919

Seems as this photo and the one below are authentic as they were taken by the crime scene tech who is testifying today.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,654
    Dispatchers are not the "authority" in any way shape of form.
  19. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Shade that photo is not at all inconsistent. You can clearly see the swelling in his nose. The only difference is that the blood has been cleaned up and the angle of the photograph. Your eyes are playing tricks on you, but do some measurements (for instance, the width of the swelling vs. the distance from his right pupil to the left side of his upper nose...that distance is the same in both photos).

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  20. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    Interesting read and I remember Alan Dershowitz taking Angela Corey, Jacksonville, FL Prosecutor to task at the way she handled this.

"As Alan Dershowitz says, the prosecutor, Angela Corey, brought unjustified charges against Zimmerman by ignoring evidence of his injuries and the witness who saw a black male straddling another person and beating him.

"On April 25, Dershowitz has said that the affidavit that Cory submitted in the Zimmerman case is “a crime” if she was aware of the injuries that Zimmerman sustained in the scuffle that lead to the shooting death of Martin because those details are entirely omitted from that document.

"Dershowitz has said that Cory was appointed as prosecutor in this case “not to do justice” but to “stop race riots.”

“She has a terrible reputation in Florida for always over-charging, and she was picked specifically for that,” said Dershowitz on Fox News Channel on May 18."

This case is worse than the Duke Lacrosse frame where prosecutor Nifong admitted to fabricating evidence to get a conviction on the players who he knew were innocent.

Similarly, this brutish, manish Corey knows this man Zimmerman is innocent, but she's been the designated Florida crook to frame him in order to stop any riots before they start.

She needs to go to prison, as well as her buffoons who are now lying in open court.

Power to the people.

Let the crooked government crooks swing."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/25/Zimmerman-case-witness-admit-suspicious
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.