OFFICIAL: BASEBALL vs. Auburn, Sat 5/11, 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by Gatorgal04, May 11, 2013.

1. ursidman

ursidman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,126
    I was there and all I can say is it ain't over till its over. No running out the clock in baseball. You have to get 27 outs - Auburn got 26 and we were down the last one.
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    man o man, gotta love baseball. what a game that was! glad i saw it in person. what a finish.

enjoyed reliving it thru the game thread. many great plays and many little things.

that throw from center by martin to nail the tiger was super-duper!
    gushue hustling to first to beat the throw to prevent a DP.
    tobias swinging away - it's like he knew the pitch that was coming, was dialed in! i saw him nod at coach Bell - simply scintillating. lost my voice cheering that game tying homer.
    and then the hustle by bader to get home all the way from first.
    they almost caught power's flair into RF, 2nd basemen dove for it - almost had a spectacular catch - i thought he had it, was such a job to see that little ball squirt free. RF made a great throw to the plate but bader was there a fraction sooner.

eruption of joy. great to see the team rush the field they swarmed bader then - as a mass - swarmed powers. fun to witness!

the wins just seem a whole lot sweeter this season; don't you think?

let's get the series win tomorrow.
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,084
    Heck of a gator day overall between w tennis winning their first round match without losing a game in the counted matches, w golf advancing to nationals, softball winning the conference tournament, and the crazy baseball finish in a must win game.
    Let's keep it going, and now lacrosse gets into the post season Sunday too.
  4. jhfxof

jhfxof Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Josh BLEEPING Tobias.... unreal

If theres one thing AU brings to the table in any sport, its dramatics. Lots of times good, but when its bad, its pull your heart out bad.

Logic sez I should like my chances in a Sunday game w/ TBA starting for both teams. But only 1 Sunday SEC win all year, and I have a bad feeling this may of let the air out. Playing really well right now, so a 'normal' loss, no big deal. But this one was pretty devastating.

Told you guys at the pre game house O'Neal was pretty darn good. He cant take himself out when its time,.. well I guess he could, but you get the point...SMH
  5. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    you pitch that well for 8 innings (minus the first pitch of the game) and you sorta expect to go for the complete game.

just watching auburn play i'm wondering why they aren't in the top tier this year - they appear to be a really good ball club.
  6. jhfxof

jhfxof Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    yeah bogey, i had no problem letting him start the 9th. I didnt even have an issue leaving him after the HBP( I personally go get him there), but after the Vic single, tying run up to bat, righty - lefty matchup, you have to go get him. CJP loves the matchups, but yet he doesnt do it there..??

youre not the only one wondering,, they dont field very well, dont hit w/ RISP very well, and a couple little other on field things this year that will keep any team from being at the top of the league,, but its much deeper than that. There were internal issues last year, players calling out CJP on FB/twitter,, suspensions out of the blue, etc.

This was/is a regionals(at least) or gone year for CJP. There have been a couple times during this season where we all thought this team/coaches have figured it out, just to revert back to the BS. Hes only had 1 regional team..2010 when he inherited the most prolific offense in the nation(130 HRs or whatever it was) and couldnt even get out of their own regional.

Its pretty apparent O'Sullivan has gotten every bit there is to get out of this years Gator group, navigated through a tough schedule, improving along the way. Whatever the opposite of that is, is what Ive seen from AU last couple years. NO sence of urgency, no fire, just going through the motions most of the time.

For the record Im one of the last to jump off the wagon regarding CJP,, but like you said when this team is playing well you see the potential of how good this team can be. Question is why are they only playing like this half the time?? I think at this point theres only 1 answer.
  7. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,084