O'Dome Renovation Nearly Funded

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by GothamGator, May 29, 2014.

1. ufngineer

ufngineer Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +110
  2. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +872
    Chrome sucks system resources like crazy. It used to be a nice light little browser. Now it's basically bloatware that runs in the background like spyware. Ccleaner has to force close it
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,267
    Are you running a lot of plug-ins or add ons? How many tabs? I use it on every platform with no issues at all. I'm using it now and task manager says it is running at 1% Thats the beauty. It syncs so well. GoogleNow is amazing and it works by reading your selections in Chrome.

I had two flights today. I never told GoogleNow that I had the flights. It just knew I booked them through Chrome and received the itinerary through my Gmail.

When I woke up this morning...poof...GoogleNow had my whole day planned. It knew how far I was from the airport, It prepared my navigation route and time to the airport. It gave me schedule updates for both flights (one was delayed, and I knew before the first one landed via GoogleNow. It knew my shuttle times to the hotel, and even told me where all the Starbucks were in the airport, (because It has learned I search for them).

It already has updated for my day tomorrow, by giving me directions to the meeting, and my updates for both flights. It even linked me to the online check in for the Airline. (Which I do through the Airline App instead, but still a nice feature)

Mind you I never asked it to do any of those things I cant believe we ever traveled without it.
  4. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +856
    Here is a new rendering of the entrance I haven't seen posted.
    [​IMG]
  5. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +872
    Firing my secretary. I'm lucky if I can get her to do one of those things.

Seriously though, the idea of programs monitoring and logging my computer use in order to predict me and offer suggestions without being told to do so by me kind of bothers me. Yes, it has it's benefits like you described - that's pretty neat. But none of those programs are truly "free" and born out of corporate altruism. I still use Chrome for certain things, but I stick to firefox when I open multiple tabs, etc.