Odds the Gators will win it all are

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by SavageGator, Apr 17, 2014.

1. SavageGator

SavageGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,845
    I'm surprised it's not higher than that.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. SavageGator

Ratings Received:
    +374
  4. aggie96

aggie96 Member

Ratings Received:
    +97
    I think I would take quite a bit of action (as the house) on that 50-1
  5. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,480
    Big if: IF we get by bama, lsu, and uga or lose one to LSU or Bama, we could put our team in the playoff.. But with that one loss, it would depemd on what happens in the rest of the college football world, I.E. the stars would have to be perfectly aligned like 1996. basically have to win the SEC with one loss or no losses at all. If we made it to the playoff, anything could happen... but I really don't believe this is going to happen because we would have to face an obviously biased commitee. Somebody like utah or boise runs the table and will get spanked in the title game will get the nod over our one-loss record.
  6. aggie96

aggie96 Member

Ratings Received:
    +97
    I honestly see you guys getting better than last year, but I don't think you have added enough pieces to have such a huge turn around. I say 6-6 with losses to Bama, LSU, S. Carolina, UGA, FSU, and MIZZOU maybe best case scenario is 8-4 where you can pull 2 of those out. I am sure I will get flamed for the comment, just calling it like I see it. A lot of tough games for you this year...
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. ACmann

ACmann Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +70
    I think we have as good of a shot as anyone in the SEC,we have more talent than we get credit for,and we are always down played by everyone,including ourselves.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,098
    And I'm sure we won't get any help from you guys knocking off any of the west's elite since a&m has more question marks than us. They never had a defense And 95% of their offense (Manziel and Evans ) just left for the NFL.

My apologies but I'm just calling it like I see it. But.... if you could pull a couple out we would be thankful. Knock some from the east off too if poss. :D
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. gatorcity

gatorcity Member

Ratings Received:
    +206
    I'm really surprised the odds aren't way less than that, like at least 100-1.

50-1 puts us at 18th best odds to win it all. Seems pretty high up there for going 4-8.
  10. SavageGator

Ratings Received:
    +374
    They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. After the hardship and rehab of so many season ending injuries the Gators will be improved. It is easy to pick teams over us based on last years performance but that ignores what those schools lost to graduation and early entrance into the NFL Draft. For me it is hard to see Bama coming up with a replacement for AJ who plays nearly as well. FSU lost their best receivers and running backs and well as their top run stopper. SOS lost his QB and receivers. Missou lost the their biggest receiver and more. Pundits seem to believe that
    the standings from last year will dictate who wins and loses. I don't believe that will translate.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. aggie96

aggie96 Member

Ratings Received:
    +97
    Our Defense is going to be better than last year (hell it can't get much worse, but don't say we "never had a defense" 2013 was rock solid) we have a lot more depth at DL now, a few solid pass rushers coming in and a lot more experience at LB. Our offense will not be as explosive without JFF but we have a better stable of running backs than anyone in the nation. I think 3 of the 4 could start over most of the backs in the country. We also have a helluva lot of incredible receivers that were over shadowed. Keep an eye on Ricky Seals Jones. Remember his name, dude is a monster. Got hurt last year early and got a Medical redshirt. 6'7" and faster than Evans. Not to mention Speedy Noil and LaQuivionte Gonzales. (Yeah a lot of us are looking forward to the "Speedy-Gonzales" package.) several other that will be productive too. QB play is gonna be ok at worst. I think Allen will start and the kid has a cannon for an arm and is a pure passer that is mobile. Not as mobile as JFF (who is right?) but he isn't a statue back there either. He can still run a good read option. If not him then Hill will start and he is very mobile like JFF. I think we will have a decent shot at beating Bama and LSU. We always score on Bama. Sum link has Saban's defense figured out. Decent shot at USC, but first game, who knows. LSU is gonna be tough in Death Valley. And they seem to be able to stop our Offense.
    We shall see. Would love to make your wish come true that we could knock some of those West teams down for you.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SavageGator

Ratings Received:
    +374
    Sumlin is known as an offensive coach. It wouldn't be hard to improve somewhat on that porous defense. If however A&M comes up against a team that can control the ball and the clock that has a good defense it will be a long day for the Aggies. Also, IMHO there will be a drop off in QB production.
  13. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,845
    Actually it's the East teams we need you to knock off. Taking down USCe early would be a good start.

Agree that you have a load of skill position talent on offense, although not sure about QB. If your QB plays well, you'll score a ton again.

On defense? Not so sure, but you know your team better than I do.

As far as our team goes, we have plenty of talent to play very well this year and post a strong record even against this brutal schedule... IF our OL stays healthy and our QB steps up and consistently plays with poise and confidence. And learns how to throw a deep ball.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,068
    Huge turnaround? We are still one of the most talented teams in the SEC. The pieces are already there to be very successful they just haven't been utilized on the offensive side of the ball. Our schedule is about the norm. No way we go 6-6 unless we see injuries like last season and I still won't see it. Roper is the real deal!
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,068
    Wait..... you're saying your 2013 defense was rock solid and yet it ranked 109th in total defense. Do you know what a rock is? Yet we are the ones that haven't added enough pieces........riiiigggghhhhttttt!
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Hey aggy, what are the odds that seals-jones is Thomas Johnson 2.0? I know he just got arrested for disorderly conduct and his recruitment was extremely sketchy. Let's see how well y'all do without the heisman winner and the top 15 offensive lineman. Looks like joeckel is going to tcu so I assume Allen will get thrust into the fire immediately. FYI, you don't even have the best running back in the state. Gray is better than anyone on your team.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Anyone in the SEC? I might go along with anyone in the East ,but LSU and Bama are better and more talented than we are right now, and Aubrin is still very good, finally, with a good coach.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,231
    How did this thread come to include in-depth discussions about the Aggies? About the only Aggie-related idea I can think of is that their NC odds are 65-1 according the the Op's link.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,098
    Yep! And trust me when I say we know about player arrests. You can say we are a mugshot connoisseur of sorts. I mean our guys really bring out their artistic side with them. I'm not talking about your average Run of the mill arrests, our guys really put the U in Unique. We like to mix in a little tacos, foot chases and dog barking, you know real fetishy type stuff :)

So you keep on hook'n horns or whatever an aggie does, ring cow bells or what not.....

meanwhile......

It's Great to be a Florida Gator! o_O
    • Like Like x 1
  20. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,098
    What's this blasphemy you speak? We are the best team EVER!

(Jump on, I'm jump starting this hype train aka the crazy train:) )
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1