OC search update

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by DsWon, Dec 14, 2013.

1. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +576
    Darlington's offense is amazingly similar to what auburn ran this year. The really amazing part is that last season, all spring, and all preseason they ran/practiced a true spread centered around Zach Darlington as a great passing QB. He goes down for the season in game one and Darlington adjusts on the fly to the single wing....and sets an all time Fl high school season scoring record. That is coaching.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. grant1

grant1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +332
    Hey Grey, you usually have sensible, mature posts; these guys must have really gotten under your skin. Let it go. Arguing with with these guys will get you nowhere. From another "grey Gator".
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor x 1
  3. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +810
    This is the only thread I can remember saying anything direct like this to you, but whatever man. You're wrong, I'm right, we can move along. The ratings from the other posts kind of speak for themselves.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Bradass

Ratings Received:
    +810
    The University of Florida? Will Muschamp? All of the fans? I never heard a peep on this board or anywhere else in Pease's first year that was anything like "Hey everyone, this is really not our guy." People were almost universally on board with Pease's hire because of the Boise State aura. Everyone was suckered into one good year where he may not have even been the playcaller. OC in name only. I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at with your question.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Actually, old chap I have been around a lot longer than you realize. Not really a Newbie. I had a little disagreement with a Mod a years ago and I voluntarily boycotted GC. When I came back I started fresh on the pay side. but soon learned that the quality of the inside information, and sources over there were no better than here. So why pay?

The fact is that what I said was absolutely true about sources and speculation. Anyone who pays any attention can see for themselves that the "sources" are all over the map. Maybe you are as pure as the driven snow in that regard; I don't keep score on individuals. and I did not single anyone out. Merely spoke in the aggregate.

I will tell you a little something about so-called inside information, and why I am sure nearly all of it is bogus. In my youth I was occasionally able to rub elbows with the likes of the great Ray Graves and Gene Ellenson because a family member was truly an Insider. They were charming men and they talked about a lot of things, but they did not share inside information; especially anything that negative about the program. Too risky, even with people who were close. UF relearned that lesson the hard some years later. You were probably too young to understand that we were in a whisker of signing Lou Holtz, then the hottest name in coaching. My connection was actually involved in the effort. But, some smart ass Insider leaked the news and embarrassed Holtz who was not ready to tell his employer. End of deal. So, I will not believe that an administration that will not even give side line reporters injury updates will give out any definitive information about strategic plans. Nope. Anyone who flapped their gums would no doubt find themselves in the woodshed with WM.

I don't know where you get any information that you post, or why you think it is accurate. I will take your word that you believe it is. What I do know for certain about you is that you are on a vendetta against Coach Muschamp. I also know that it is a hopeless quest, since you have no influence--or do you? I think not. So, all you and others like you are doing is creating a cess pool of negativity around the football program. That is the mystery to me; why? You cannot accomplish anything positive; so what is the motivation for posting several times a day that you have no confidence and no respect for the man who will coach the Gators next year; and possibly for years to come?

Now I have no particular loyalty to Coach Muschamp, or anyone connected to the football program, from Foley through the junior student Manager. On the other hand, I have been loyal to the Gator football program since 1949 or 1950, (memory is getting a bit sketchy about things that happened when I was 14 or 15) so I will speak my piece when I encounter the BS that passes on these forums. BS that I believe can be damaging to the program, since it is available for anyone to soak up, including potential recruits. As I said in the previous paragraph, the motivations of the Nega-G8rs is a mystery, so I don't expect to have much effect. I guess I am as driven, or as stubborn as y'all are. So, I have posted more in the past several weeks, than in other entire years. I do not expect to ever reach the 5,000, 10,000 or 30,000 post level, however. Better things to do.

Oh, Good Grief. I underestimated you--35,000+ posts in 6 years. Damn you have a lot to say. Some of it probably meaningful, too.

So go to sleep. It may do you good.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor x 1
  6. KronoGator

KronoGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +508
    Not sure how you missed it but it was there, in fact a lot of posters said before he was even hired that it was Peterson's show at Boise.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274

Why would you ever "voluntarily" boycott Gator Country because of a MOD? We fight every day... man...

The rest is personal... about coaching, and your view about it.

Remember, you are not alone.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  8. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    I personally spoke out against hiring Pease. Didn't do any good. Oh well. I just wish will would announce it.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. trustamerica17408

trustamerica17408 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    Clay Helton OC & Kim Helton OL?
    Sounds like a winning combination!
  10. roflcopter

roflcopter Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +195
    I'm in agreement with Ofg8r. The best thing for us as fans, is to support our team. We all have differing opinions on just about every aspect of the program but those opinions won't change that Will Muschamp is our coach in 2014. For the sake of our program, our team, our fans and my liver, I am behind our coach 100% at this moment because I want us to turn this around. I'm hoping he hits a home run with the OC hire and we can all look back to 2013 as the season that led to our turnaround. If it doesn't happen then you know that more change will most likely occur. Either way, I think the one thing we can ALL agree on is that we want to see the Gators back on top.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,133

I already have moved on. I'd forgotten about him until I saw this post. That said, he's the one following me around the boards. I just told him (again), I'm not interested is all.
  12. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +247
    I've never seen such petty bickering and general nonsense on this board before. Clearly, people are identifying way too much with a losing team in 2013. Go get some exercise and have a beer.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    That's a sign of Malzahn level offensive genius.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +84

Someone will hire Darlington as a college OC. Too bad it won't be us
  15. sevmonster

sevmonster Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +66
    Higdon tweeting UF coaching changes not done.
  16. Bradass

Ratings Received:
    +810
    Seriously gray I've always respected you but you are losing it. I have not personally addressed you in any thread besides this one in at least the past month. That was as far back as I cared to look but it makes me ask...what the hell are you talking about me "stalking you" from thread to thread? You are just making shit up man.
  17. pcolafan

pcolafan Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    "We" did not hire Brent Pease. Will Muschamp did. He is the only one who got suckered (using your words) into that, regardless of how the fans felt about the hire.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. pcolafan

pcolafan Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Some of the post counts go back to the mid to late 90's. This site is a progression from other sites over the years......but you've been around a long time.....so you already knew that.
  19. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +155
    I lost my post count and username in the last site progression/switch over. Thanks GC, I’m not near as respected as I could be. ;)
  20. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,133

Careful sonny, you're getting your multiple screen-names mixed up. I wasn't even posting that last response to you but it was you who responded to it. Do you need alternate aliases to back yourself up with now? That's weak, and multiple screen-names are frowned upon here btw. ;)

Now lets get back to the OC search debate instead of your constant need for attention, shall we?